• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

is there any way to stop the game from pausing when it loses focus in windowed mode?

Someone asked something similar on reddit, I have Actual Multiple Monitors. Add the game in "window settings". Go to Startup Tab and press "ignore deactivation". There are other options you can play around with. I have two monitors and I just tested clicking to and from game window to desktop on other monitor freely with no game pausing/stopping/stutter/whatever.

The problem is, unlike other games, also when you ignore deactivation, on this game, the keyboard still sends input to the game despite not being the active window, which will be a problem since it might do something you do not want whilst your looking at an FAQ or something. Not sure how to fix it, but I don't need to since I don't mind the pausing. So it will solve your pause problem but another problem comes up.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So how are people liking this that weren't already fans?

Cracklox

I don't even fucking now why my Grand Ingle spell dealt damages more to cyclops and chimaera than to bandits.

I think you'll find certain creatures have different elemental weaknesses. Like wolves. They're weak to something but I can never remember

Someone asked something similar on reddit, I have Actual Multiple Monitors. Add the game in "window settings". Go to Startup Tab and press "ignore deactivation". There are other options you can play around with. I have two monitors and I just tested clicking to and from game window to desktop on other monitor freely with no game pausing/stopping/stutter/whatever.

The problem is, unlike other games, also when you ignore deactivation, on this game, the keyboard still sends input to the game despite not being the active window, which will be a problem since it might do something you do not want whilst your looking at an FAQ or something. Not sure how to fix it, but I don't need to since I don't mind the pausing. So it will solve your pause problem but another problem comes up.

Oh yeah, that's dumb, seems there's only a few games that have perfect unfocus, where only gamepad inputs are still recognised, like RE0HD and SC Blacklist.

Would anyone care to share their favorite vocation and what it is they like about it? Also, how did you build your character class and did you worry about min maxing?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How does fast travel work? Running around is fun and all, but it takes forever to get around the world with the way stamina drains.

Also, is there a good list of "good" curative and recipes to keep rolling with? I gather everything I see, but I can only assume some of this shit is better served as an actual healing potion or something.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
How does fast travel work? Running around is fun and all, but it takes forever to get around the world with the way stamina drains.

Also, is there a good list of "good" curative and recipes to keep rolling with? I gather everything I see, but I can only assume some of this shit is better served as an actual healing potion or something.

Grab eternal ferry stone from your storage. It allows unlimited fast travel.

By default you can fast travel to the starting town, the big city Gran Soren, and the DLC area. You can find Portcrystals, which you can place anywhere, then fast travel to and from infinitely.

Reizo should I just go BBI instead of faffing around in Everfall?

Nah I'd say do everything in everfall first, there's some cool stuff there, also try getting the drops from online Ur dragon, there's some neat looking masks there, and the weapons Ur drops aren't completely obsolote in BBI because of holy element.

Reizo should I just go BBI instead of faffing around in Everfall?

If you're not having fun in Everfall then yes go to BBI, it is much more fun. The only thing I would worry about missing if you go to BBI now is the chance to have some fun encounters in Everfall. There are some unique combinations of strong enemies that can be challenging, fun, and surprising for you at that point in the game. If you go to BBI and level up and get BBI gear those Everfall fights will just be trivial.

But if you're just seeing dire wolves and snow harpies and the big fights in the big circular rooms are repetitive, go ahead and move on.

The ur dragon can be done at any time and will be basically the same fight.

My pawn is more badass than me. Great.

ymNvROH.jpg

Edit: I couldn't get the 2 BBI bosses to respawn until I killed the BBI endboss at least once.

Oh Hawke is your pawn, I was wondering whose it was. Great pawn.

draetenth

Odd, my pawn came back with three stars (which means she probably died), no new knowledge (and she is pretty new so it isn't like there isn't anything for her to learn), no rift crystals (?), yet came with a gift of beef-steak (or some form of meat). :/

Also, there are so many Guardian/Nexus pawns in the rift. I keep sending them away, yet more show up. :(

Steel

Banned
So I'm loving this game, but I'm feeling like it's maybe a bit too easy. Is it a bad idea to switch on Hard Mode during a first playthrough? (i.e., does it just make it unfairly difficult?)

If you switch to hard, it'll put you back at the start with all your current experience and level.

Gotta give shout outs to Wickfut's ENB settings! I love his preset. I adjusted the vibrancy around a bit but other then that, it's simply the best looking one right now. Makes playing the game quite a joy.

Steel

Banned
Oooh, shoot, thanks for the heads up. For some reason I thought you could switch to Hard at any point.

I'll just carry on with Normal in that case. I hear BBI is really difficult, right? At what point might somebody be considered "overlevelled" for it? (Just want to make sure I play it before then.)

You can switch difficulty from hard to normal for free but not vice versa.

BBI at the start is doable at level 20, but it gets brutal as you get deeper.

I'm six hours in and I have not found any worthy equipment upgrades. Am I doing something wrong?

Are those some miss-able quests/items that I should do? I hear something about the girl shopkeeprs? I really don't mind spoilers

Gbraga

I really don't like using healing items during combat in this game, I guess it's the lack of punishable animation. It's the same in DMC as well, I refuse to heal. Always thought it was because of the point penalty, but seems like it's just the fact that it's "free".

I'll wait until the current combat scenario is complete before I use items to heal. During combat, I'll have to deal with the amount of health I have and deal with stamina regen.

I'm six hours in and I have not found any worthy equipment upgrades. Am I doing something wrong?

You're looking at the numbers, that's what you're doing wrong! Go for Fashion Dogma and you'll have plenty of upgrades all the time.

I'm at the very beginning and kinda stuck on what to do. Just got my main pawn, should I just explore Gransys? Having trouble finding the flowers to heal the injured, accidentally went to bitterback isle, and just went through the well that I guess I wasn't supposed to go through cause it kicked my butt.

Ullus

Ok so, now that I've swapped my pawns vocation from fighter to ranger, should i level ranger alongside her or hire another pawn to teach her?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ok so, now that I've swapped my pawns vocation from fighter to ranger, should i level ranger alongside her or hire another pawn to teach her?

Teach her...what?

Golnei

ffffffff
god damn the art book is good

That'd have been fantastic, especially in addition to the layering system they have now. Though colour options would probably mean they'd have to stop using palette swaps for individual pieces of gear, which might not be the most economical thing in regards to asset creation.

KingKong

Everfall is kind of disappointing, I was expecting more unique geometry and not just 'heres a bunch of random enemies before a boss door'

So I definitely have a bug of somekind... wondering if it's affecting everyone or just me.

It seems to affect the second pawn I hire, whoever that might be. When I hire them, their voice is rather normal pitched, but once they're hired, they either have the deepest possible voice, or a super high pitched voice.

If anything, it's annoying, because those voices really sound stupid especially as much as Pawns like to talk.

Top Bottom