• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasb0705

Banned
I have no clue want screens you guys who say this are looking at. hese screens look great and will look better when in motion. What racing game looks better? Maybe you should just wait for Driveclub 3 on PS5 then maybe you won't be let down.

I would have to agree with VanWinkle. I just doesn't look that impressive compared to what was shown before. Especially after... Well, this is a Driveclub OT, so let's just say I was surprised and much more impressed with another game I thought it would not trumph DC.

Here are all the levels for those that are interested.

iw5bgv1xPuzOR.jpg

idqiJKzRLc5tl.jpg

ibdIOXdBmvBV0a.jpg

i2g9qtQAgNWpU.jpg

iSp3mTkHO7PqS.jpg

iY3GGw7Anvz7S.jpg

ieqEHoSrcAoV5.jpg

iMjqbpVphK08R.jpg

i71GZT5PDZJcr.jpg

ibbHp39aMjolhY.jpg

iChdWkopesJ9P.jpg

ivM4R38uPjCky.jpg

igIOwpVJBmt0t.jpg

ibfPht4BjSzmd.jpg

iti8huX13ipwm.jpg

ic3tBccHAeqm8.jpg

ibmbrDpSVg2irt.jpg

iqyjpknAwTJkE.jpg

ibgRKDWvXHYlla.jpg

ib2cr9Zo27Od4T.jpg

ibp4TMDqpYz1Qu.jpg

i4rZ4FXZIkco1.jpg

ibdo3p8dvo62KE.jpg

viveks86

How can this not be advertised in the Best Buy ads videogame section? What is Sony doing?

It seems like the ad campaign only starts tomorrow (or the day after, not sure). Sony really doesn't seem to care about day 1 sales for this game. Which makes sense since most people would try the PS+ version anyway.

Listening to this track now to get me hyped. The music is really good from what I've heard so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlcnldSM6C8

Those tracks are not in the soundtrack, people need to stop posting them. Only "all action" and "be here now" are the known tracks so far. And it seems there are just a few more with a ridiculuous amount of remixes.

I'm extremely dissapointed with this, i had high hopes for a stellar soundtrack. : /

Auctopus

There is absolute no advertising for this game in the UK. TV/Buses/Video Games store, nothing.

I went in to GAME today and asked about the Special Edition and told them I'd be back in later this week to trade in Shadow of Mordor once I was finished with it, and preorder Driveclub at the same time. They said there was no need to preorder and said just come in Friday morning and they'd have a copy with some extra stuff for me if I wanted as I was the first person to ask/mention the game in about two weeks.

I thought the UK would be gagging for a next-gen racer.

Those tracks are not in the soundtrack, people need to stop posting them. Only "all action" and "be here now" are the known tracks so far. And it seems there are just a few more with a ridiculuous amount of remixes.

I'm extremely dissapointed with this, i had high hopes for a stellar soundtrack. : /

Huh. So what is this music from then? I don't see a song title or artist, just DRIVECLUB menu music.

I think I'm going to head over to Walmart and now and pick up a copy. That case if I don't like it/get bored with it later, I can trade it in.

bombshell

Haha so I was correct about the Wednesday UK pre load after all.

I'm trying to add some of you guys via the iPhone playstation app but it's timing out constantly. Is psn getting hammered or something.

For crying out loud, no you were not right.

The full game can be pre-loaded, not the free version.

Maybe you should look (again) at the OP?

Hmm you're right, then again people were still asking about the levels lol so I decided to post pics, OP could use'em as well.

EDIT: Actually, the OP didn't list the specific track names(understandably so) so the pics provide more detail for those who are interested to know.

Ugh it's frustrating that Sony advertised stupid Destiny like it was an exclusive but ignores true exclusives. I predict LBP3 will be the same case.

There is absolute no advertising for this game in the UK. TV/Buses/Video Games store, nothing.

I went in to GAME today and asked about the Special Edition and told them I'd be back in later this week to trade in Shadow of Mordor once I was finished with it, and preorder Driveclub at the same time. They said there was no need to preorder and said just come in Friday morning and they'd have a copy with some extra stuff for me if I wanted as I was the first person to ask/mention the game in about two weeks.

:/ thats not good

edit: ads starts next week? oh ok

So happy I switched over to a power line connection. It's helped tremendously for download speed where I have my entertainment center and main ps4.

OmegaDL50

I'm just curious, is there a reason there are so few cars in this game compared to GT or Forza? 50 seems pretty tiny for a racing game when others have 200-1000.

Having tons of cars to pick from in a game is one thing, the selection of cars included in said list actually being used is another.

Then there is the matter that just because a game has hundreds of cars, doesn't mean everyone is going to use them. Hell not even I use more then 30 to 40 cars in my GT6 garage of 700 or so vehicles I've collected.

Focusing on whats important such as American and Australian muscle, Japanese GT and JDM, European Touring or exotic super cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, etc. A variety of different vehicles suited for racing on a variety of class types.

In short, it's not about how many cars you have, but how good the cars are, quality surpassing quantity.

Even if Driveclub has only 50 cars, the matter is if all 50 of them are useful in some way, I'd say that's far more important then having a game in which nearly 60% of the vehicles aren't even used and just sit in my garage unused and are nothing more then a mash of pretty polygons to look at.

--R

Banned
Any idea what their impressions are?

Apart from the general talking of "This game is from Evo..." and the price, launch date and stuff, he says the game is very relaxing to him and in many ways much better than "The Game who can't be named".

He talks about the graphics a bit and how atmospherical is drive at night without lights. That's all, I think.

MDSLKTR

Got my psn credit ready for preorder, going digital to have it on the hdd permanently. I played the Norwegian mountains race at a convention and was sold right there. Can't believe I didn't play a single next gen racer yet on ps4!

Codeblew

I would have to agree with VanWinkle. I just doesn't look that impressive compared to what was shown before. Especially after... Well, this is a Driveclub OT, so let's just say I was surprised and much more impressed with another game I thought it would not trumph DC.

Would you say you are concerned?

Cess007

Eurogamer Spain uploaded a video some minutes ago. It's multiplayer and it looks sooooo good. The night in Norway is awesome.

Clicky

Any idea what their impressions are?

From what i've seen. Sony only let them upload 1 video, so they mashed a couple of races together. So far, they said they've liked there's several camera angles to play on, that the camera from inside it's stunning but the sounds effects are a little muffled (as they should inside the car)

All in all, so far, they impressions are positive :)

Grimløck;132993545 said:
lol what's going on with the car around the 1:50 mark?

The guy says that it should be a bug 'cause it has only happened to him once or twice before. That maybe be due they're using the Beta servers.

At times like this I feel like gamers should do the marketing themselves. Nothing is stronger than word of mouth and thanks to social media, our voices are very loud. I've just made a post on Facebook with #DRIVECLUB and linking to that World Tour video. If one person sees that and decides to buy it, I've done my part.

People might think "I shouldn't be marketing on behalf of x company" but word of mouth really does go a long way I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom