• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedrush

The app has been useless for me in the last couple of days. Can't even load my messages :(

Yeah, same here mate. Took me umpteen attempts to open my messages. Tried on the vita and it was fine. An ios8 issue maybe? the app worked fine before I updated. I'm also finding web pages are taking an eternity to load.

Sorry about going of topic there. I'm going to add you all via the vita, it's gonna take a while there's over 100 members but the more driveclubbers I have the better.

hwy_61

Banned
At times like this I feel like gamers should do the marketing themselves. Nothing is stronger than word of mouth and thanks to social media, our voices are very loud. I've just made a post on Facebook with #DRIVECLUB and linking to that World Tour video. If one person sees that and decides to buy it, I've done my part.

People might think "I shouldn't be marketing on behalf of x company" but word of mouth really does go a long way I think.

That's just gross. I don't mind telling people that a game is awesome, but I'm not making any fuckin hash tags or linking to anything.

Certinty

I'm in the UK and tere was an ad for the game in the cinema before the movie began. Can't say it was a great trailer but it's better than no advertising for the game at all here.

Phreak47

So.... this was the last straw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2JrvrPocA

And now...

UNXQeiJ.jpg

So, question to all: which wheel? I'm going to order one today. I've had to tell myself to get over the non-logitech support.

15226173887_6eefe6f864_o.jpg

TheMan

i know there's a limited car list that focuses on supercars, but I'm still disappointed that there's no subaru wrx sti in the game.

Game looks stunning, why not just a 30 second clip of in game instead of.... this?

Like the fake ad posted on here. Simply do 25 seconds of racing footage with the HUD turned off. Then fade it up, jump cut to PS4.

Audience jaws drop.

Literally, that's all you'd need to do for a racer like this. Sometimes it makes you think if marketing people have a clue.

That's just gross. I don't mind telling people that a game is awesome, but I'm not making any fuckin hash tags or linking to anything.

Yeah, I'm trying to convince my meatspace friends to get it, just so I can race with them, but I'm not going out of my way to do marketing for anyone.

Hedrush

For crying out loud, no you were not right.

The full game can be pre-loaded, not the free version.

Calm down lol. I did say the full game pre load would start on the Wednesday. That's why I was upset, I thought the ps+ demo released that day too and I'd be stuck playing a demo whilst the full game was actually on my ps4.

There's a crossing of wires somewhere.

I'm was just bummed I need to wait two extra days to play it.

murgo

Yeah, same here mate. Took me umpteen attempts to open my messages. Tried on the vita and it was fine. An ios8 issue maybe? the app worked fine before I updated. I'm also finding web pages are taking an eternity to load.

Sorry about going of topic there. I'm going to add you all via the vita, it's gonna take a while there's over 100 members but the more driveclubbers I have the better.

It worked for me in the first days after getting my iPhone 6, but in the last couple of days it went to shit.

I just noticed the game doesn't feature any Lamborghini's. Is there a reason for that? Are Lambo's going to be added via DLC?

I have a question to the people who already own Driveclub.

Did you try to make some races in the Multiplayer? I did, but I didn`t have an option to make an private lobby or something like that. I could only choose between the given events (6 with mostly british cars) and that was all, even if I invited someone to my session. How will it be possible to make a duell between clubs without the challenges? I didn`t find an option for that. Can someone help me?

Hedrush

It worked for me in the first days after getting my iPhone 6, but in the last couple of days it went to shit.

An iPhone 6 owning friend text the exact same words to me tonight.

It would be nice of Sony to let us UK guys play on Wednesday too, but I know they won't. I've resigned myself to waiting until Friday now.

Will reviews be based on the full version or ps plus version?? I hope those dope reviewers don't mess up giving low scores due to lack of content

I don't see why they would review the PS+ version. That being said, reviewers will still take points from it because of lack of weather system at launch and lack of cars as well as other features missing, most likely.
I know this game won't review that well, but it doesn't matter, it looks incredible and I'll get it when I buy a PS4.

Game looks stunning, why not just a 30 second clip of in game instead of.... this?

Like the fake ad posted on here. Simply do 25 seconds of racing footage with the HUD turned off. Then fade it up, jump cut to PS4.

Audience jaws drop.

Little secret about game marketing/commercials: Most of em are awful. It's either these corny live action spots, or pure noise. In most cases the game is usually misrepresented or undersold (as with every other industry). I can count on one hand the amount of commercials from last gen that made you stop and take notice in a good way.

So.... this was the last straw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2JrvrPocA

And now...

[ig]http://i.imgur.com/UNXQeiJ.jpg[/img]

So, question to all: which wheel? I'm going to order one today. I've had to tell myself to get over the non-logitech support.

[IM]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3929/15226173887_6eefe6f864_o.jpg[/IMG]

T300 or T500. Main differences are that the T300 is built specifically for the PS4, which means that it has Share and Options buttons. But the 500 has a stronger FF (although some prefer the lighter feel of the 300) and the pedal base is better overall.

bombshell

Calm down lol. I did say the full game pre load would start on the Wednesday. That's why I was upset, I thought the ps+ demo released that day too and I'd be stuck playing a demo whilst the full game was actually on my ps4.

There's a crossing of wires somewhere.

I'm was just bummed I need to wait two extra days to play it.

Yeah sorry about my outburst. I was getting frustrated at an annoying warchief in Shadow of Mordor and took my frustration onto you :D

Hedrush

Yeah sorry about my outburst. I was getting frustrated at an annoying warchief in Shadow of Mordor and took my frustration onto you :D

Haha I drove my mate all over the city yesterday trying to find a copy of shadow of mordor, 3 and a half hours later we found 1 remaining copy in an independent game shop. I don't think retailers realised how popular it was going to be. They never read the stellar reviews it got.

I'll try and add you on psn and we can race on Friday. Take our aggression out on the track.

I would have to agree with VanWinkle. I just doesn't look that impressive compared to what was shown before. Especially after... Well, this is a Driveclub OT, so let's just say I was surprised and much more impressed with another game I thought it would not trumph DC.

Might I ask what that other games that you think trumph DC is? Cause I don't see any racing game looking better than it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom