• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
freekface
What about the negatives ?.

NO tuning or customisations of cars = short lived game.

Only 50 cars but Micro transactions day one.

Weather not even included in the retail launch version, GT5 was also released unfinished and it was and still is full of bugs.

Reduced online club player size 12 now down to 6

Whaaaaaaaat? Since when?

Saberus

I would have to agree with VanWinkle. I just doesn't look that impressive compared to what was shown before. Especially after... Well, this is a Driveclub OT, so let's just say I was surprised and much more impressed with another game I thought it would not trumph DC.

Keep it up buddy... I want to see the end results.

So I'm pretty interested in this game, but after watching some video footage I have some questions.

1. Is the entire game set on tight winding roads with zero room for error or experimenting with driving lines? How restrictive is the driving model?
2. If I crash or otherwise mess up, am I going to be reset the instant I leave the track?

I just hope this isn't like NFS: The Run where one wheel going off the track resets you.

Phreak47

Finally confirmed! Great news.

I have the elites but I also just recently got a pair of Logitech G930s for true surround. I just wish the volume control on it would work or there was some way to get it louder other than maxing it in the adjust device menu (which makes it just barely loud enough at all)

Sorry for OT rant...

I haven't plugged my elites into the PS4 yet... does it suffer from the same volume limiting?

1. Is the entire game set on tight winding roads with zero room for error or experimenting with driving lines? How restrictive is the driving model?

Roads seem to be 2-3 lanes wide, which should give enough room for experimentation.

2. If I crash or otherwise mess up, am I going to be reset the instant I leave the track?

All four wheels have to go off road and then you receive a three second countdown to get back on.

Weather time trial!
Amazing!

DRIVECLUB - Full weather time trial: http://youtu.be/SqsOg6XS9TQ

bKPyysc.png

Hoje0308

Banned
Keep it up buddy... I want to see the end results.

I don't think he's a troll dude, just a guy with an opinion that isn't going to be very popular in this thread. Granted, I didn't thoroughly examine his post history, but nothing jumped out at me.

All four wheels have to go off road and then you receive a three second countdown to get back on.

Hmm, this doesn't sound... too bad, I guess? I need to see it in action or experience it for myself, maybe. I just dislike racing games that are reset-happy, it completely takes me out of the racing experience. Let me fuck up!

Ndless

Banned
Kind of annoying for this to be on display yet not available at launch. Have they given any update beyond "soon" after launch?

If you notice, in all the weather demos, they never go into the cockpit view. I'm assuming that's where they're working extra to get it just right. Looking at the game, and how excessively meticulous they have been, it wouldn't do the game justice to have some cookie-cutter windshield animations. That and I'm assuming they're also taking their time to fine tune the effect rain and snow will have on gameplay.

I'm confident the update will come only a month or two after launch, judging by their progress from the demos.

Ted

Wish i could help. The MP portion of this game is still a mystery for the most part. Not much coverage on it

I'm keen to hear more about the online MP as well (not the integrated asynchronous challenges as they seem pretty self explanatory now). Now there's copies of the game out in the wild and the MP servers are up hopefully someone can answer the questions I've wondered about for ages.

The OT doesn't mention it beyond "play online with friends or other players by jumping into live playlists" which sounds like quick match MP racing but no-one has really confirmed how the MP works.

Is the racing lobby based or is it pre-set quick match events or is it some kind of customisable hybrid of the two?

If it is the first of those (lobby) what kind of tools does the host have to setup the lobby?If it is quick race events, how many are there and what kind of variation is there in car selection? If it is a hybrid of the two, how does it work?

Is there any shuffle racing type mode or any type of host option for championships with win based performance ballast?

Is the player count in a multiplayer race still 12?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hmm, this doesn't sound... too bad, I guess? I need to see it in action or experience it for myself, maybe. I just dislike racing games that are reset-happy, it completely takes me out of the racing experience. Let me fuck up!

You can crash and get spun around. Whenever you do your car will become transparent to prevent people from doing the annoying tactic of going in reverse to screw up people that actually want to race.

Green Yoshi

I think the aggressive AI is killing the game for me. The game wants you to drive smooth, but your oponnents drive like teenagers and you get punished by the game if they hit you.

viveks86

So I'm pretty interested in this game, but after watching some video footage I have some questions.

I just hope this isn't like NFS: The Run where one wheel going off the track resets you.

1) Not all track are tight and winding. Each location has at least 1 wide track. All the purpose built race tracks are pretty wide

2) Reset happens in 3 seconds. There is however an annoying timer that pops up front and center. You can hide it by switchin off elements in the HUD. They will probably tweak it post release

Loudninja

Phreak47

I think the aggressive AI is killing the game for me. The game wants you to drive smooth, but your oponnents drive like teenagers and you get punished by the game if they hit you.

Most of the examples of that I've seen are when the driver was making mistakes to allow it to happen. I think the AI looks solid.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
What is it about Driveclub threads that makes people react to news about the game as if they've only just found out and they're 'shocked'?

This should give you a good idea of what to expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7_hCMDy6Y

Hmm, it doesn't look like there are many opportunities to even go off the track anyway, which I guess sort of fits with the narrow mountain road design.

You can crash and get spun around. Whenever you do your car will become transparent to prevent people from doing the annoying tactic of going in reverse to screw up people that actually want to race.

Ugh, I don't like the sound of that. Although I guess I (hopefully) won't be doing too much crashing anyway? Still, that's a bummer, I understand they want to prevent griefing but that's a bit of a let down.

Nope, and the fact that they keep showing it off is going to lead to some confused buyers.

Wait, really? When does it launch? That's when I'll buy it, I specifically want to do some awesome night rain racing.

Saberus

Lol. Looks like everybody is getting multiple duplicate answers. Will lay off for a while. Go 9ers!

We have all this incredible information in the OP.. wonderfully put together, would it be a good idea to tell people to please read it, I mean not trying to sound like an ass, but its all right there, and maybe it might lead to less confusion. :)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
They been showing so much weather videos, that's why I assumed.

But why are you and others confused? I knew and most people knew that the rain was going to patched in post launch (soon after launch actually), so why are people suddenly acting as if they didn't know? I've seen literally hundreds and hundreds of posts in every single Driveclub thread explaining this, so I find it hard to believe anyone who's been following Driveclub are still surprised.

We have all this incredible information in the OP.. wonderfully put together, would it be a good idea to tell people to please read it, I mean not trying to sound like an ass, but its all right there, and maybe it might lead to less confusion. :)

The OP starts with screenshots of rain and the first info segment is a list of facts about the weather system. Forgive me for being surprised that the weather is apparently not shipping with the game.

But why are you and others confused? I knew and most people knew that the rain was going to patched in post launch (soon after launch actually), so why are people suddenly acting as if they didn't know? I've seen literally hundreds and hundreds of posts in every single Driveclub thread explaining this, so I find it hard to believe anyone who's been following Driveclub are still surprised.

Because not everyone has been following the game as fully as you? I don't think anyone is "acting" as if they didn't know, I legitimately didn't know. Basically all I've known about Driveclub up until these past few days has been "it's pretty" and "I want a racing game for the PS4."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom