• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Release (GMT-08:00):
t1412665200z4.png

Reviews (GMT-08:00):
t1412686800z4.png

PS+ Edition (GCT):
50900-Ellen-Page-shrug-gif-Tb30.gif

For new page

Wow, they really did some awesome work on Ellie in the Last of Us Remastered...but man I wish "midnight release" for the digital version was local and not off PST...

nikos

What's worse than not having the game is having it and not being able to play because of the girlfriend. Ugh. Might try remote play.

I have but I bought it off US PSN (aus console)

i would of gone for the US store but i took up the Paypal deposit $80 and get a $15code within the next 2 weeks. now regretting. Its fucked it doesnt unlock till 1AM Melb time. and just as shit that the pre-load seems to not work yet. Aussie internet is shit and i want to play it tomorrow morning when i wake up now wait till lunchtime or later tomorrow.

Gray Matter

And even if you don't, its free! I'm mostly excited for a new game that I can sort of play while I'm zoning out. It's almost like meditation, driving on courses I've memorized. I remember while playing Forza 4 on 360 that I could just lose myself and almost subconsciously do like a lap or two before realizing that I was basically on autopilot the whole time.

Looking forward to it. Not long now.

hittman

Banned
i would of gone for the US store but i took up the Paypal deposit $80 and get a $15code within the next 2 weeks. now regretting. Its fucked it doesnt unlock till 1AM Melb time. and just as shit that the pre-load seems to not work yet. Aussie internet is shit and i want to play it tomorrow morning when i wake up now wait till lunchtime or later tomorrow.

Aus here aswell. How big is the download, and is the PSN price artificially inflated above retail price?

i caved and pre ordered because any racing game i will put hours into.

after pre ordering you can read the "manual" and for a game based on CLUBs the page on that function is tissue paper thin. Well really the whole manual is.

I can see a lot of criticism tomorrow will target how simple the entire package is. No tuning little customisation very basic beginnings of club support, one or two official wheels, one soundtrack, a euro centric hyper car collection. A last gen racer would not get off the ground with this feature set. The visuals are the one trump card, at least until weather makes it two.

Aus here aswell. How big is the download, and is the PSN price artificially inflated above retail price?

i think its a 17GB DL with the normal 2-4GB before you can start to play, but i like to DL 100% before i play.

The PS+ upgrade was $55 and comes with 3 pre-order cars

Phreak47

I went with the season pass because reasons. But still, I wouldn't worry about the game looking thin at launch. It has a bright future, so hop on god dammit.

kaskade

I can't wait to try out the PS+ edition. It's nice to be able to play a smaller version of the game then upgrade later. Nice for my finances right now.

Kumubou

Over/under on the number of people on DRIVECLUB-GAF's list before launch? It's currently at 428... that's going to be a lot of people to beat. :3

Vorheez

I got one request from stoic-lemon, please keep em coming guys! Need some times to race against.

PSN: Vorheeze

And just to clarify, only the 2.5 GB is able to download right now, right? The rest will download when i boot it up? Never done preload before but someone earlier was saying they had all 16 GB downloaded.

chopstik

Banned
yes! I bought my ps4 and DC + season pass tonight. been waiting for a while, but Ubisoft/MS inspired to pull the trigger quicker. can't wait to play this later or tomorrow.

B-Dex

I got one request from stoic-lemon, please keep em coming guys! Need some times to race against.

And just to clarify, only the 2.5 GB is able to download right now, right? The rest will download when i boot it up? Never done preload before but someone earlier was saying they had all 16 GB downloaded.

It will download it all but that initial size is required to start the game.

If you haven't already, add DRIVECLUB-GAF to your friends list.

sneaky77

the rest downloads in the background, if you hit option > information

viveks86

Just as a point of reference, the Google Docs sheet for the Forza Horizon 2 club is currently at 531. Confirmed bomba etc etc..

Yeah I'm quite pleasantly surprised by the response. It has literally been 3 days since we started it, without a thread of its own.

Eusis

Hmm, should Plus people get put on that list too? I don't plan to buy this immediately even if I love the Plus trial, but if I'm remembering right we can still play with the full copy people, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom