• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
In calibrating a TV I've found striking a good balance between contrast and brightness is a huge part of the process, and actually the trickiest. I'd also suggest turning the sharpness way down, but keep in mind this varies from TV to TV so just experiment with it. Also, if your TV uses DNR or other filters, I'd suggest turning them off.

But I'm not an expert. There are guides online about how to properly calibrate your TV.

Red Comet

Well, I managed to connect to the servers tonight for the first time, ever so briefly. I'm in need of a club, so if you're looking for another member feel free to invite me and I'll join as soon as I can connect again.

PSN: Admiral-Huddles

I've barely done any of the solo content yet, so I've got lots of XP to contribute.

Well, I managed to connect to the servers tonight for the first time, ever so briefly. I'm in need of a club, so if you're looking for another member feel free to invite me and I'll join as soon as I can connect again.

PSN: Admiral-Huddles

I've barely done any of the solo content yet, so I've got lots of XP to contribute.
Search for Fully Loaded under clubs.

krioto

what's the best button control layout that anyone has?

i'm using:

L2 - brake
R2 - accelerate
L1 - handbrake
X - shift up
O - shift down

ad what is the name of the GAF club for Australian region?

thanks

Shaneus

what's the best button control layout that anyone has?

i'm using:

L2 - brake
R2 - accelerate
L1 - handbrake
X - shift up
O - shift down

ad what is the name of the GAF club for Australian region?

thanks
That's pretty much what I use. Except I handbrake using square and leave the shoulder buttons/triggers as default. As for an Aussie club, I think I have a spot or two free in one I started... PM me your details and I'll see if there's room for you :) Otherwise, check this thread. Only difference between the ones in there and the one I started is that mine's only super-casual, those others seem to be more focused on something a little more formal.

IcyEyes

When I don't use the steering wheel I'm going with the default button config, but the most important thing is : the motion control.
I can't play any driving game without the motion control. Really.

Ps This game is awesome. I'm really enjoying it, even without the online component (... no comment about that...)

And we thought Forza 5 is the worst offender.
At least DriveClub has sun tuning by way of selecting time of day.

Suck it, reviewers.

Maybe they're playing the game with spotty servers, and several features disabled, that apparently has rubber-banding AI, despite dev claims.
Dev claims weren't that there would be no rubber-banding per se, but that the AI drivers would not be unnaturally sped up beyond the capabilities of the car. Their driving skill still seems to be pegged at a curve to the player.

Checked em too and Whoa, who are these people and what game must they have played to hate it like that?

Maybe they're playing the game with spotty servers, and several features disabled, that apparently has rubber-banding AI, despite dev claims.

Is the AI really like this? That sounds like rubber-banding AI to me. :(
They will slow down, yes, and it sometimes seems like they are a little overeager to do so.

Namikaze

So, question. I've been posting some amazing times and getting tons of points..none of my times will be posted online, and none of my points will transfer over to my club level after the servers go back up, right? I think I should have taken my time with story mode now..

benzy

For those who don't have PS plus, are you still able to join clubs and do online races/challenges? They wouldn't lock certain cars out for the people who don't have PS plus would they?

hamchan

For those who don't have PS plus, are you still able to join clubs and do online races/challenges? They wouldn't lock certain cars out for the people who don't have PS plus would they?

Of course they would, they want you to subscribe to PS+.

What do you guys think about the way difficulty is structured in tour event mode? If my assumption is correct, the game increase the ai difficulty as you progress through the events. So by the end of the game, you'll be playing in the highest difficulty level.

I'm not sure I like that. I'm a pretty casual player, when I play games, I usually just play the normal difficulty and beat the games that way. The way this game is setup, I'm not sure I can ever "beat" the game. I'm only in 2nd difficulty level in tour mode and already have problem getting 3 stars. I can't imagine playing in the highest difficulty level.:(

I wish it's more like wipeout where every difficulty had their own gold requirement in time trial and race.

refreshZ

I'd just like to say I'm enjoying the shit out of this game. Borked online and no dynamic weather (yet) be damned. Sometimes you just want to tear ass through some Scottish Highlands with a big fat smile on your face.

What do you guys think about the way difficulty is structured in tour event mode? If my assumption is correct, the game increase the ai difficulty as you progress through the events. So by the end of the game, you'll be playing in the highest difficulty level.

I'm not sure I like that. I'm a pretty casual player, when I play games, I usually just play the normal difficulty and beat the games that way. The way this game is setup, I'm not sure I can ever "beat" the game. I'm only in 2nd difficulty level in tour mode and already have problem getting 3 stars. I can't imagine playing in the highest difficulty level.:(
I don't think you ever get to play in the highest difficulty level in tour mode. I have all 225 stars in the game and I tried playing some single races in Legend difficulty, it seems harder to me than any race I drove in tour mode.

sun-drop

Finally got into some online races.. Pretty solid racing so far, I like it.

God the dynamic cloud system is awesome.. Totally changes the track min to min.. Amazing

So, if there are any aussies who want to join a no frills club where I'm not too fussed about whether you actually play online or not(since I don't play much myself), feel free to join my club 'JiveClub'. :p
Send me a PM and I'll send you an invite when I get home.

Mullah88

after a race while transitioning to the next track, it disconnects but brings you back to the 6 panels to register for another event

Shaneus

I completely dig the difficulty, but it really depends on what you're playing the game for. If it's for mission progression, ticking boxes and moving through the content as quickly as possible, then you may find it unbalanced or too hard. But I think the difficulty is perfect in pushing people to really hone their driving skills for when they (hopefully) inevitably play against others online.

I think if it was any easier, then people wouldn't be pushed to retry stages to improve racing lines/techniques.

So, if there are any aussies who want to join a no frills club where I'm not too fussed about whether you actually play online or not(since I don't play much myself), feel free to join my club 'JiveClub'. :p
Send me a PM and I'll send you an invite when I get home.
Love that name! Already set for a club, though :) Good to see a number of Aussies popping up in this thread, too. More the merrier!

OmegaDL50

So after some 6 hours with the game, from a perspective of a very casual racing enthusiast here are my thoughts:

+Love the driving model
+The game is absolutely gorgeous
+Judging by how they nailed Scotland I'm guessing the vistas from other countries might be pretty damn accurate in terms of general feeling too, absolutely love the vistas
+Love the cars and how different they feel

-absolutely despise drifting moodel and hate the drifting challenges in tours
-wish there was a way to earn points for your club offline
-once you unlock something via club it should stay unlocked

In general, I'm very happy I grabbed it and I might grab the season pass too. Are the 3 preorder cars included?

But yeah, besides drifting I love this game.

The three pre-order cars aren't really cars, but just different special liveries of existing cars already in the game.

Mobius 1

GranTurismoGAF club is up. I sent out some invites but if you feel like joining by all means request up. Before this all crashes again.

If nobody gives a shit I will make some other club and recruit random people.

Nope, I've subbed till 2016. But when they say all online multiplayer (besides F2P) requires a PS+ subscription, I'd expect that to cover Driveclub too.
But Sony has also made a point that the PS+ multiplayer requirement doesn't count towards asynchronous multiplayer and even ambient matchmaking. So you don't need PS+ to roam around in patrols and run into other players in Destiny - but you do for strikes and crucible. So I'd hope you could at least create and take on challenges, beat other player's ghosts, and accrue points for a club - just no real-time multiplayer events.

Unless thats changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom