• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

But Sony has also made a point that the PS+ multiplayer requirement doesn't count towards asynchronous multiplayer and even ambient matchmaking. So you don't need PS+ to roam around in patrols and run into other players in Destiny - but you do for strikes and crucible. So I'd hope you could at least create and take on challenges, beat other player's ghosts, and accrue points for a club - just no real-time multiplayer events.

Unless thats changed.

It hasn't changed. No idea why people make such claims with no evidence.

DOWN

Banned
So I'm not blaming Driveclub, but I started it up, and then on the menu it froze, tried to close, and then PS4 restarted and forced me to delete all hard drive data and initialize by reinstalling the system software from a USB drive. Thank goodness I have an 80mb/s connection here so this is pretty easy to redownload.

viveks86

How is everyone's online status looking? Took me 2 minutes to connect after starting the game, but it immediately shows me my club. Looking stable so far.

hamchan

But Sony has also made a point that the PS+ multiplayer requirement doesn't count towards asynchronous multiplayer and even ambient matchmaking. So you don't need PS+ to roam around in patrols and run into other players in Destiny - but you do for strikes and crucible. So I'd hope you could at least create and take on challenges, beat other player's ghosts, and accrue points for a club - just no real-time multiplayer events.

Unless thats changed.

Well, I was wrong then, sorry about that.

It hasn't changed. No idea why people make such claims with no evidence.

Eh, I shouldn't post if I don't know the answer I guess. Was just using logic to answer the question, no malice here.

iFootball

How is everyone's online status looking? Took me 2 minutes to connect after starting the game, but it immediately shows me my club. Looking stable so far.
Just loaded the game, connected in 10 seconds... Club info came back at the same time... Multiplayer Events list Loaded too!!

Edit: And first race loaded fine as well!!! I'm racing now

Club's been down all day for me with the little disconnected symbol in the right corner as well. Once while entering a turn I got green text notifying me it got online but got red text before exiting the turn.

Shaneus

Oh shit. I brought my Vita with me to work. I have a wifi connection here. And my PS4 on standby.

REMOTE PLAY WOOO

Edit: On the main page, and nothing is coming up as far as clubs/online status goes. Does it take a while? Could it be a regional thing?

Edit #2: Wait, now I'm online :) And my club is level 4! Woo!

Been putting this game on hold until servers are fixed. Hopefully it becomes stable soon, really miss this game!
I've been doing the same. Haven't touched tour mode since the second day. I would love nothing more than to go through it but I don't want all that XP to go to waste that could have gone to my club. Instead I've just been doing the single event races and time trials and admiring the graphics.

Considering getting another game to play to tide me over until the servers are finally fixed for everybody.

Jamesways

Oh shit. I brought my Vita with me to work. I have a wifi connection here. And my PS4 on standby.

REMOTE PLAY WOOO

Edit: On the main page, and nothing is coming up as far as clubs/online status goes. Does it take a while? Could it be a regional thing?

Edit #2: Wait, now I'm online :) And my club is level 4! Woo!

Grinding away, checking the accolades to focus on the big fame/kudos ones to speed this up.

Also, Nullpointer joined. Alright!

Oh and trying to convince TJP to pick this up.

iFootball

Guys... Team Races are fun!

Everything is working smoothly for me so far... Though I need to check if Challenges are showing up

OmegaDL50

I definitely managed to get on and level up my club to level 3 today.

East Coast US club.

Name is O M E G A if anyone is interested in joining. I don't have PS+ for netplay but the Club does exist for those who want to have access to the club cars and liveries.

Shaneus

Grinding away, checking the accolades to focus on the big fame/kudos ones to speed this up.

Also, Nullpointer joined. Alright!

Oh and trying to convince TJP to pick this up.
Ah, did you invite him? That would make sense :) Nice work!

I need to hit TJP up as well... I PMed him a few months back on joining a club with me, but haven't done so recently.

Kumubou

Online seems to be better...ish. Couple of random disconnections, but I finally got a club created and played in a few multiplayer races.

Shaneus

Here's an article re: the AI in Driveclub, RT'd on Rushy's Twitter. No idea if it's a good read or not, but might be:
http://www.*****************/2014/1...lly-driven-by-a-band-of-bloodthirsty-killers/
Edit: Didn't realise that site was banned. Do some legwork yourself, you lazy bastards ;)
xwHsblA.png

CodeNfX

I've been doing the same. Haven't touched tour mode since the second day. I would love nothing more than to go through it but I don't want all that XP to go to waste that could have gone to my club. Instead I've just been doing the single event races and time trials and admiring the graphics.

Considering getting another game to play to tide me over until the servers are finally fixed for everybody.

I bought shadow of mordor for the time being, awesome game. Looks like some users are reporting they're able to connect online. Might give it a try later. Btw, anyone have a free slot to join the club? I'd love to join.

Jamesways

Ah, did you invite him? That would make sense :) Nice work!

I need to hit TJP up as well... I PMed him a few months back on joining a club with me, but haven't done so recently.

I did. And I got the club up 2 levels so far tonight. Level 5 unlocked 48 new club decal shapes if you want to tinker.

I do like the one we have though, simple.

drotahorror

nice send invite if you want to group up

I'm just doin the Tour mode at the moment. Have been putting it off since I hit level 25 on Tuesday. Wanted to save some for the club XP.

My club stuff is working. Multiplayer events wouldn't load, challenges don't work and neither do leaderboards.

I wonder if any of our times have been saved for leaderboards :/

*Also the BAC Mono is OP. I went back to a couple of events that I didn't 3 star and nailed it first time. Thanks level 10 club!

OmegaDL50

Just a reminder.

If anyone wants to join a club, there are four spots open for O M E G A

If I can figure out how to transfer club ownership, there will be 5 spots open.

viveks86

Semi-pro trophy, you can sit on my shelf now. Thanks!

Also leveled up the club to 15!

My club stuff is working. Multiplayer events wouldn't load, challenges don't work and neither do leaderboards.

I wonder if any of our times have been saved for leaderboards :/

*Also the BAC Mono is OP. I went back to a couple of events that I didn't 3 star and nailed it first time. Thanks level 10 club!

Leaderboards will sync for sure. Haven't checked the BAC mono yet. Will give it a whirl

Cubed

Everyone not playing Tour mode:

I'm pretty sure my Club Level gets boosted every time I connect. I have 103 stars and my friend only has 4 (yeah... he needs to play more) and we're at Level 4.

Anyone do the math and see if that's where we should be?

drotahorror

I think I'm now a believer (not that I really wasn't in the first place) that there is no rubberband AI.

I just won a race in a tournament thing by nearly 5 seconds. 5 seconds is an eternity in a race.

drotahorror

Yep I'm straight up DC'd. (which may as well mean DriveClub'd and not disconnected)

I think I've played 2 hours since tuesday.

Hey Evolution Studios,

How about you guys turn Clubs on and turn everything else off until it's ready. Atleast let us make progress towards our Clubs.

Back to Diablo 3. Where servers always work. Thank goodness The Evil Within comes out in 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom