• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely managed to get on and level up my club to level 3 today.

East Coast US club.

Name is O M E G A if anyone is interested in joining. I don't have PS+ for netplay but the Club does exist for those who want to have access to the club cars and liveries.

Just sent you a request to join club

DownWithTheShip

No doubt EVO and Sony werent prepared for the load they would get for this game...Im praying FROM will be prepared for Bloodborne's launch.

ryseing

No doubt EVO and Sony werent prepared for the load they would get for this game...Im praying FROM will be prepared for Bloodborne's launch.

Don't think it will be as much of an issue as Bloodborne isn't likely to have the core of the game centered around the online play, unlike DC. Hell, I've been reluctant to play DC at all because I want my progress to go towards my club levels.

Speaking of which, I was finally able to join a club today. Name sounded cool, so screw it. Friends are waiting for a price drop, so I needed a gap solution club wise until they get the game.

ViciousDS

Banned

Dear god the bloodbath if it happens to bloodborne

Also anyone else notice that uploading a video now kills your internet? I never had this issue before

dano1

A Sheep
Don't think it will be as much of an issue as Bloodborne isn't likely to have the core of the game centered around the online play, unlike DC. Hell, I've been reluctant to play DC at all because I want my progress to go towards my club levels.

Speaking of which, I was finally able to join a club today. Name sounded cool, so screw it. Friends are waiting for a price drop, so I needed a gap solution club wise until they get the game.

I'm thinking about deleting my game save and starting over when I get my club set up. I'm only in the amateur area anyway.

Salvatron

Did my first online race! Now I just need more club members...
If you're looking for a club... look no further than

Club "StevenSeagallin"
1236166573_steven_seagal_shooting_kids.gif

Currently accepting... anyone.
Made the club paint job full matte metallic black - no numbers, designs, or logos.

OmegaDL50

Was kind of a joke. I think the commercial or launch trailer for that game said something it being the "call of duty of racers".

Nah, the main advertising point Blur tried to point out was that it was Mario Kart for grown-ups.

At least that what the commercials heavily implied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPqRue51GZ8

Still Blur was awesome, being the last game BizarreCreations made before Activision shut them down. It basically was PGR handling with Mario Kart style weapons.

Did my first online race! Now I just need more club members...
If you're looking for a club... look no further than

Club "StevenSeagallin"
1236166573_steven_seagal_shooting_kids.gif

Currently accepting... anyone.
Made the club paint job full matte metallic black - no numbers, designs, or logos.

posted a gif of seagal shooting and not snapping necks? for shame.

Sami+

Whoa! Connected to club immediately on boot this time. Nice...

Same. It's slow but functional.

Also c'mon everyone who hasn't joined GAF 531 yet please do, lol. Half the team is still missing and detoxie still hasn't accepted my friend request. I wanna see them numbers go up.

Salvatron

posted a gif of seagal shooting and not snapping necks? for shame.

I prefer the older, out of shape, gun-toting Seagal.... now with twice as much nonsensical whispering.

The leaderboards don't seem to be updating properly. I like running time trials for the most part, working on that perfect lap. But I'm not seeing my times going up.

bought the game tonight with some best buy rewards certs. how do i turn off all the crap on screen in cockpit view? i go to the visual options and don't see any option to turn it off.

game is alright so far. just played a few of the first races.... nothing insanely good looking but its ok. also not exactly sure on how to complete drifts. i've done it a few times but i'm not sure why it works sometimes and other times i dont get credit for drifting. im doing the samething both times!

drotahorror

game is alright so far. just played a few of the first races.... nothing insanely good looking but its ok. also not exactly sure on how to complete drifts. i've done it a few times but i'm not sure why it works sometimes and other times i dont get credit for drifting. im doing the samething both times!

Give it some time. I had similar thoughts but once I got past the crap hatches I started having a lot more fun.

I feel like the first race shoudlve been on a super/hyper car in Chile/Switzerland just to give you a taste of what you could achieve after progressing through the slow cars.

Purest 78

According to evolution It wasn't hardware related Or amount of servers. They said the server code had bugs. Now if that's the truth who knows.

My connection has been pretty stable. I had one disconnect for 1 race then it connected again, the club has shown up every time no problem. Definitley some improvement.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Of course my first online race is a shit fest. Came in 4th after being knocked off the track early. I looked in my rear view on the 2nd lap and just saw people slamming into the wall on a sharp corner.

Of course my first online race is a shit fest. Came in 4th after being knocked off the track early. I looked in my rear view on the 2nd lap and just saw people slamming into the wall on a sharp corner.

all this time to practice and people still can't drive?

Shame about the inconsistent connectivity, I can only get about one online race before I lose connection with the server. Haven't really experience too many asshole drivers who like to rear-end you on red flag turns.

Qualms aside, holy crap the sense of speed and inertia while driving super & hyper cars is insane. There is nothing like racing in Loch Duich, Scotland while it's pitch black and you're barreling down those bunnyhills at 200+ mph with the feeling that you're at the brink of losing control. Only way of anticipating the curves in the distance is by observing the illuminating tail lights of the other racers snake around in the darkness and looking out for colored flags..lol. Utterly nuts..well done, Rushy!

WoolyNinja

Ha, same exact story for me. My second race wasn't much better - I was in 3rd and 4th place wanted to play bumper cars. I tried to avoid him best I could but he ended up spinning me with no penalty to them. I ended up ending in 5th after recovering from the spin but man is that a little frustrating

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
That one race where you need to go from 10th to 1st with the Bentley and do the laps in 47 seconds is IMPOSSIBLE.

You basically need to use the Bentley's weight to your advantage and boss your way through.

Ha, same exact story for me. My second race wasn't much better - I was in 3rd and 4th place wanted to play bumper cars. I tried to avoid him best I could but he ended up spinning me with no penalty to them. I ended up ending in 5th after recovering from the spin but man is that a little frustrating

My 2nd race was a lot better. I didn't notice any bumping, at least in the first half of the pack. I ended up taking first and pulling away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom