• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Draugoth

Gold Member
I decided to make a counter to those pesky two handed guts berserk characters in Pvp

d6qAWID.jpg

Run-M-Run

I just started this. Idk if I made the right call with warrior because I don't seem to be able to handle big swords..
Also, anyone have issues with accidental dismounts? I press L3 in the heat of the moment and get dismounted, it's quite annoying..

I love the mysticism of the world though. I looked at gameplay previews etc but completely avoided any footage of the later game after network test. I completely got spoiled with the earlier souls so this feels so much more like bloodborne which I went in blind. I love not knowing anything but at the same time, it makes for a harder experience.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I just started this. Idk if I made the right call with warrior because I don't seem to be able to handle big swords..
Also, anyone have issues with accidental dismounts? I press L3 in the heat of the moment and get dismounted, it's quite annoying..

I love the mysticism of the world though. I looked at gameplay previews etc but completely avoided any footage of the later game after network test. I completely got spoiled with the earlier souls so this feels so much more like bloodborne which I went in blind. I love not knowing anything but at the same time, it makes for a harder experience.

You get to used to if after a while.

Two Handed Legendary Big Sword + Jump Tasliman + Quality Build

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am not watching him ever but maybe it's a mistake ?
This is actually fun and extremely well produced. I don't think I've seen this level of production on a stream before. He really puts effort into this it seems. The mini trailer at 3:30 is actually hype
Anyway - funny seeing someone play elden ring without any souls knowledge ever

Last edited:

SCB3

I am not watching him ever but maybe it's a mistake ?
This is actually fun and extremely well produced. I don't think I've seen this level of production on a stream before. He really puts effort into this it seems. The mini trailer at 3:30 is actually hype
Anyway - funny seeing someone play elden ring without any souls knowledge ever

He puts a surprising amount of effort in, I don't watch him either but I can't fault him for the work, all in character too

Majukun

not sure what happened, but the stuttering is completely gone on PC for me.
I did yesterday try to apply a fix i found on the internet, but the game would not start because the anti cheat detected an abnormal file in the game's directory so i deleted the file immediately.
now the game runs like it did in the first couple days i played, meaning with a bit of frame rate dips in certain moments but no stuttering whatsoever.

I don't know what it happened but i hope it lasts because i'm having way more fun without the game freezing every time there's chaos on screen or i move the camera to the wrong parrt of the screen

If anyone has a quick answer for this I'd greatly appreciate it:

Where are you supposed to go after burning the Erdtree? Nearly everyone's dead so I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Absolutely.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

My biggest "issues" with the game just come down to hitting the wrong button in the heat of battle. Accidental dismounts, opening the telescope when I meant to heal (lol), lock on going to everyone BUT the person I want it to lock on to. The first two are on me, the lock on thing can definitely be a pain in the ass but it hasn't been that big of an issue, as least so far. Platforming with the horse can be janky as hell but it's so rare, only experienced repeated deaths with that at one point so far.

SCB3

This damned fully grown Falling Star Beast!!! I had him down to 1 hp at one point, hes so fucking tanky
Ok, this is a super fun Horse back fight, gottem, onto this Volcano Manor, I missed the warp earlier on so this will be an interesting time.

How of curiosity, how much is left?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
How's the PC version now? I read some about bugs and performance issues during the launch window, at least. Perhaps no deal breakers?

Majukun

How's the PC version now? I read some about bugs and performance issues during the launch window, at least. Perhaps no deal breakers?
issues vary from marginal to deal breaker.
for me it has been really strange...first couple days almost no issue except some sporadic frame dip...then after the first mini patch released i got heavy stuttering in both chaos situations and normal open world traveling.
today for some reason the stuttering completely disappeared and i had a flawless session like in the first couple days.
I did download a fan made fix for the stutter, but game would not launch with it because of the anti cheat, so i deleted the file which should supposedly undone the fix, so I don't think it's that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Still playing this game, but it's slow slow going for yours truly. Just beat Radhan. Already beat Godrick and also beat Renalla. My samurai is like level 74 now. 35-ish hours on the clock.

I'm having a hard time finding good weapons that scale with DEX (my Dex is 40) and I'm still using the starting weapon. I have these great runes but I have no idea what they're useful for.

Trying to get good, but struggling lol

SkylineRKR

I just managed to beat some of the hardest bosses I've encountered in a FROM game.

Alecto, at level 90 this fella is a pain in the ass. But, I knew exactly when to punish and you can actually interrupt quite a lot of moves too and you can punish the super armor roundhouse charge slash. There are 2 dangerous things here, don't whiff, he will do a grab, but you can roll to the side and counter. And that blood slash, the only way I could survive it was anticipating, walking backwards and rolling before impact. Punishable with running slash.

Crucible Knight x2, fuck this. One wasn't a problem, I can Golden Parry it into oblivion. But 2? I did co-op lol. And luckily we won.

Next on my list is the final Fallingstar beast. And from what I've read, its another pain in the ass.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

If anyone has a quick answer for this I'd greatly appreciate it:

Where are you supposed to go after burning the Erdtree? Nearly everyone's dead so I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Talk to Melina at the Site of Grace, I think? You’re supposed to be taken somewhere after that happens. Or do you mean after getting to
Capital Of Ash
? In which case, head back to the
Erdtree Throne.

Last edited:
Talk to Melina at the Site of Grace, I think? You’re supposed to be taken somewhere after that happens. Or do you mean after getting to
Capital Of Ash
? In which case, head back to the
Erdtree Throne.
So, about Melina...

I ended up joining the 3 fingered Frenzy Cult by accident before burning the tree, so her response was that she threatened me and left. Literally the only people left alive in my game are the two blacksmiths, Rennala, and potentially 2 people from the Volcano Manor(they told me they were leaving and I haven't found wherever they moved afterwards).

Everyone else that you can potentially think of is dead or presumed dead(missing), even some hard to find people. It has been a slow burn but this has been my oddest first playthrough of a souls game ever and at this rate I'm thinking of just getting this potential ending over with since I'm this far gone:

The Dungeater's deal/ending.

I'll try your second option though, thank you much.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

I have a high-end PC, run this on max settings @ 4K. Out in the world and during the most hectic encounters frames have always hovered around the high 40's to mid 50's, and only been a steady 60 when there's nothing around or I am at the Lost Table. Even after the most recent patch there's hitching and freezing at times, but it has never led to me losing a boss battle over it or anything.

I tried knocking down some settings but it didn't help. Meanwhile, on my Steamdeck, it hovers around 30 frames on a mix of low and medium settings.

Rabbi Just hit level 100 and am just about to fight what looks like the end boss at Farmala Azula. I’m pretty sure I’m right at the end with just a couple more bosses to work through.

60 hours in and I can’t believe people are finishing this quicker. Did they literally just main line the entire game? Crazy.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
And I’m done:
  • Level 213 Confessor.
  • 131 hours and 9 minutes playtime.
  • At *least* 5 dungeons missed.
  • Tons of NPC quests missed/not completed/screwed up.
  • Loads of missed spells, incantations, ashes, weapons and armor—same for Illusory Walls.
  • Finishing armor set: Lionel’s.
  • Weapon most used: Bloodhound’s Fang.
  • Summon most used: Tie between Oleg and Mimic.
  • Hardest bosses: Malenia, Lord of Blood, and Godskin Noble (Volcano Manor) and the Golden Loch Ness Monster.
I think this is one of the greatest games ever made, and I eagerly anticipate new patches and DLC.

Last edited:
Quick question for everyone, I've heard you can change your gender in game, does that mean you can also change your appearance?

If so it's good to know you don't have to commit to one specific character at the very start.

Hestar69

Im done with this game..this last boss is the BIGGEST BULLSHIT IN GAMING HISTORY...Far as im concered I beat the game and palying something else..

Chiggs

Gold Member
Im done with this game..this last boss is the BIGGEST BULLSHIT IN GAMING HISTORY...Far as im concered I beat the game and palying something else..

I just got super aggressive and stayed as close as possible. I only had one flask left when it was all said and done. It’s a total RNG lottery with its behavior, but you’re bound to get lucky at some point.

Hestar69

I just got super aggressive and stayed as close as possible. I only had one flask left when it was all said and done. It’s a total RNG lottery with its behavior, but you’re bound to get lucky at some point.
[spoiler[ pretty what I did.. I had him down to 5% and then he did some jump attack in teh air and it one shotted me.I can do his first phase without taking alot of damage but the second he just wrecks me with those lock on lasers he shoots [/spoilers]

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Struggling on where to go next. Done most of Lurnia and Limgrave, some of Caelid. Beat Rhadan (but didn't do Redmane Castle? Just teleported over from the festival). Done the River segments, got through Nokron but the Gargoyles are absolutely destroying me. Lvl 70 or so with a strength build.

Ive gotten to the Atlus Plains part (up to the Draconian Tree Sentinal, but he also kicked my ass mightily). Kinda feel like I'm underleveled or maybe not spec'd appropriately or something...but I could be missing some optional legacy dungeons?

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Struggling on where to go next. Done most of Lurnia and Limgrave, some of Caelid. Beat Rhadan (but didn't do Redmane Castle? Just teleported over from the festival). Done the River segments, got through Nokron but the Gargoyles are absolutely destroying me. Lvl 70 or so with a strength build.

Ive gotten to the Atlus Plains part (up to the Draconian Tree Sentinal, be he also kicked my ass mightily). Kinda feel like I'm underleveled or maybe not spec'd appropriately or something...but I could be missing some optional legacy dungeons?
Have you been in Mt. Gelmir?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not yet...is that a reasonable place to check out now? Sometimes being a melee build sucks...feels like you really stick your neck out there on these hyper aggressive battles.
Yeah I think you'll be fine. I did the whole are right before entering the capital city, as a STR/FTH dude. I think Caleid is harder, or at least it was for me.

Ulysses 31

I’m at the end, gave it a few tries and couldn’t do it. lol. Decided to do one last “world tour” instead and find more shit and level up a bit. Even after goin through the whole game I’m still finding new places and bosses and things regularly. It’s kind of crazy.
You can continue exploring after the credits... 👀

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
Oh Man I just killed Godskin Duo and that was such an insane fight. My heart was racing and I cheered and yelled after I won. I think I saw other people really not liking it? I thought it was SO good, one of the best fights so far.

I'm bored with my straight Dex katana setup, should I try dex and int or dex and faith? Level 73
Dex and int has some pretty great weapons available. They pair really well IMO
Quick question for everyone, I've heard you can change your gender in game, does that mean you can also change your appearance?

If so it's good to know you don't have to commit to one specific character at the very start.
you can change your appearance at any time once you unlock the round table, which happens pretty much immediately

went back to the game. been exploring west of the lake area. fuck those giant lobsters. found the necklace for the woman. spoke to the woman with her wolf. went up to the spooky place under the mountain....there was a rope bridge and i was expecting a boss but nope. maybe i missed something. went back and up to speak to dumbledore (and visited wolf lady again). across the bridge i fought the fire boss.

left the spooky place and found a tower. apparently i need to gesture but i used torrent to jump up to the roof. fought the boss by the tree. noticed that there was a building on top the mountain above the spooky place but can't figure out how to get there.

on i went and fought some giant ghosts. got to the four towers area. got an imbued key so could only activate one of the portals and i ended up at a place where i was too weak for the enemies. jumped right off and killed myself. ran past the 4 towers area and fought the caravan. found the west lake map fragment.

went back to roundhold table and was invaded by the edge lord dude i think. kicked his ass. upgraded some of my spirits and got my uchigatana to +8 now. i'm pissed about the bloody slash nerf but i don't want to get rid of it. should i be levelling arcane? i still can't get enough stones to level up my bloodhound fang beyond +5. found a +8 halberd which is cool.

im lvl 51 now. i am going to start exploring the east side of the lake area now then go around to as far as i got on the west. i don't feel ready to head to the academy yet and i am getting the feeling i've missed a lot of stuff on the west.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I am lvl 250, NG+3 and I just don't know what to do anymore. Just running around mindlessly. Guess I could finish Horizon lol, left that game halfway to play Elden Ring.

drotahorror

Harder than Isshin(Sekiro)? If so I might as well re-spec to magic now.

I found LOTS of fights in Sekiro harder than anything in Elden Ring. Most I tried any boss in Elden Ring was maybe 5 times? I one shot or two every (achievement) boss except for 2 bosses I believe?

Sekiro handed my ass to me on quite a few bosses.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Not yet...is that a reasonable place to check out now? Sometimes being a melee build sucks...feels like you really stick your neck out there on these hyper aggressive battles.
Yes, it is. There’s a boss around there that just about gave the inner child in me nightmares.

I’ve finished all Trophy bosses. I didn’t back up my save before finishing it, so I’m going to get all the other trophies and then hopefully get the last couple Trophies. I am contemplating that Platinum.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Game was buggy as hell tonight during PvP. Had my buddy unable to see invaders and invaders unable to see him. Even if they were connecting their hits, they couldn't do damage to each other. Had several invaders and Hunters just vanish instantly without any signs of lag or latency.

The biggest wtf moment was when an invader walked past me to duel my buddy and I instantly died from nothing.

Top Bottom