• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Ulysses 31

If you want to farm a ton of Runes to stock up on mats for NG+, grab the Sacred Relic Sword from the Elden Rememberence, buff it to +9, and use its L2 to wipe out the entire road at the bird farming spot in one hit. Rinse, repeat.
With Golden Scarab talisman and infinite Golden-Pickled Fowl Foot... 👀

Bartski

Gold Member
So what is the deal with the white dragon with a red lightsaber that you encounter in the open world? i was fucking him up and he just vanished...

Ancient dragon Lansex was his name, or something similar.
There are two instances where a dragon flies away after you do more damage. You have to find him again elsewhere to finish the job (in case of this one it's somewhere around the eastern wall in Altus Plateau)

near

Gold Member
You can only duplicate Rememberences of the current playthrough. I'd use and duplicate any before moving to NG+. All key items are also deleted when moving to NG+.

If you want to farm a ton of Runes to stock up on mats for NG+, grab the Sacred Relic Sword from the Elden Rememberence, buff it to +9, and use its L2 to wipe out the entire road at the bird farming spot in one hit. Rinse, repeat.

Well that sucks. Duplicated remembrances i thought i'd want to use only to realize I didn't need them, now the one I actually want to duplicate I can't because i've used all the walking mausoleums in the game!

GymWolf

Gold Member
The gold halberd does a lot of damage but i don't like the moveset and it is kinda boring.

Any suggestion for some high damage weapon to substitute this thing?

even slightly less damage but faster\better moveset\some cool r2 charged attack are good enough to make me take any weapon in consideration, i don't care for weapon skills, i don't like having limited use of something dictated by a consumable bar.

i have that big ass sword made of many little sword but it kinda looks boring aswell.

Like i have this super cool frozen needle that shoots a projectile with his strong attack but the damage is nowhere near the halberd.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
The gold halberd does a lot of damage but i don't like the moveset and it is kinda boring.

Any suggestion for some high damage weapon to substitute this thing?

even slightly less damage but faster\better moveset\some cool r2 charged attack are good enough to make me take any weapon in consideration, i don't care for weapon skills, i don't like having limited use of something dictated by a consumable bar.

i have that big ass sword made of many little sword but it kinda looks boring aswell.

Like i have this super cool frozen needle that shoots a projectile with his strong attack but the damage is nowhere near the halberd.
Try out the Nightrider Glaive. Lots of damage and great reach. Also gets S scaling to Strength with Heavy Affinity.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Try out the Night Cavalry Glaive. Lots of damage and great reach.
I kinda wanna try the dragon hand of godrick, it looks cool af but i fear low damage...i duplicated his souls so i can have both the hand and his axe...

Is the thing you say that scythe that launch golden rings as a skill?

edit: wait i think i have this one, it's from a horse black knight isn't?

I was searching for something different than another halberd tbh, the reach is already great with the one i'm using now.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I kinda wanna try the dragon hand of godrick, it looks cool af but i fear low damage...i duplicated his souls so i can have both the hand and his axe...

Is the thing you say that scythe that launch golden rings as a skill?
Nah, it's the weapon a many of the Night Cavalry riders (knights who spawn at night) use.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I doubt there is any way to get all of the regular stones for +24 early. You only need one of each somber stone to get a +9 special weapon at the start of the game though.

guide

As for a quality faith weapon you could use them on you could do a lot worse than the winged scythe which you can also pick up early. It's under the tombsward ruins on the weeping peninsula so you might already have it. Decent weapon. Great range, not too slow or heavy and it's art of war wrecks most tough world enemies. Just spam it till they die.

This video only showed somber not regular.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Nah, it's the weapon a many of the Night Cavalry riders (knights who spawn at night) use.
I think i have one of those...
But i was searching for something different than another halberd tbh, the reach is already great with the one i'm using now.

Like i said, i can renounce to some range for some other cool shit.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I think i have one of those...
But i was searching for something different than another halberd tbh, the reach is already great with the one i'm using now.

Like i said, i can renounce some range for some other cool shit.
Powerstance the brick hammers lol

Hestar69

I find Golden Parry to be quite effective against Crucible Knights. But 2 of those fucks is kind of pushing it.

The bellfry gargoyles are annoying since its a 2 on 1 and you can fall off the roof. But with some upgrades on forehand you can kill the first one quite fast, one gargoyle is kinda trivial.

Gwyn is easy. You can easily parry his moves. I didn't think much of him. But DS1 bosses are very bad in general. If you play the game now its apparent. Lots of Stray Demon clones, stupid shit like the butterfly, pinwheel etc. They weren't attacking infinitely though, which is something FROM bosses tend to do since DS3. Personally I enjoy bosses like Fool's Idol a lot, they are more chill and require some thought.
Yeah he wasn't too bad once you figure his pattern out.Those gargoyles got me good back when I played it on the 360..Eventually when I ng+ and played on PC they were cake

OT:I finally beat the last boss...got 3/6 endings for some reason the others wern't unlocking on xbox.Ah well,I'll 1000 it one day 34/42 will have to do for now.

SCB3

Finished the volcano manor area, that ending was nasty.
No worse than Bloodborne

Anyway, I've cruised today, completed the Volcano Manor, all of the Capital up to Godfrey and went back and finished a few other bosses that gave me trouble earlier, I activated a Rune Arc at Volcano Manors boss and not lost it yet after about 4 hours!

The_hunter

No worse than Bloodborne

Anyway, I've cruised today, completed the Volcano Manor, all of the Capital up to Godfrey and went back and finished a few other bosses that gave me trouble earlier, I activated a Rune Arc at Volcano Manors boss and not lost it yet after about 4 hours!
If you haven't yet, return to the volcano manor boss grace after the boss.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I finally beat the game. Get the Lord of Death ending

My only complain was Malenia opicional boss fight with give her this annoying life steal even when she either miss a hit or hit the shield (Yes, she can heal even if you perfect dodge. IDK if this is a bug or not, but sometimes she indeed heal even when she miss.) I hated because it seems I didn't beat it by skill, but by luck and RNG factors. Beating her was not rewarding for me.

On the other hand Radahn and the real Godfrey are by far the best I ever fight, coming from someone who played Bloodborne and is my GOAT.

Now is time to collect the trophies. Along with Zelda Majoras Mask, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne , Elden Ring is now my GOAT.

edit: If they make a DLC, I'm 100% on board.

Last edited:

SCB3

My run continues, I cannot even remember my last death, just past the Forbidden Lands now, calling it for today though

Stats so far:

FOfIdmiXIAQvwtg

Looking pretty good:

FOfIcQzX0AIzvsc

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Finally got around to "spirit tuning" and upgraded my Rotten Stray to +5. Tried it out and I like it. Picked up the Blessed Dew Talisman which is extremely convenient. Currently at 50 Int, once I get to 52 there's 2 new staffs I can use. Got a bunch of smithing stones saved up once I find out what's best. I feel like the game is hitting it's stride right now about 40hrs in with this character. I'm guessing there's another 40hrs to go, but I'm not sure. The progression doesn't make sense to me. Having fun doing my own thing, though.

Last edited:
got into the academy but i'm not doing it yet. i remember seeing a screenshot of it and this is the area that reminded me of bloodborne! don't know about inside.

i'm still exploring the lake area. on the west i have to go through Caria Manor (i think that's what it's called) and on the east I went into a tower and fought someone with a huge magic arrow. i can see a little house behind the tower but the map lied saying there is a path straight to it but there isn't. so i will need to back track.

discovered the ainsel well but didn't go down. fought a ball with heads that shoots magic shit. tried fighting a bear too but that kicked my ass. back tracked and went up the hill to a church. so i still need to explore north of that area.

i ended up at another area by using a storm spring near the walking mausoleum. so i'll explore there too and i will go looking up the water area to the left of it.

once i've done all that i might start the academy but if it's too difficult i will do the two well areas.

got into the academy but i'm not doing it yet. i remember seeing a screenshot of it and this is the area that reminded me of bloodborne! don't know about inside.

i'm still exploring the lake area. on the west i have to go through Caria Manor (i think that's what it's called) and on the east I went into a tower and fought someone with a huge magic arrow. i can see a little house behind the tower but the map lied saying there is a path straight to it but there isn't. so i will need to back track.

discovered the ainsel well but didn't go down. fought a ball with heads that shoots magic shit. tried fighting a bear too but that kicked my ass. back tracked and went up the hill to a church. so i still need to explore north of that area.

i ended up at another area by using a storm spring near the walking mausoleum. so i'll explore there too and i will go looking up the water area to the left of it.

once i've done all that i might start the academy but if it's too difficult i will do the two well areas.
I did academy in 30s and well when in 40s

I think academy might be easier tbh

I didn’t do the manor until way later either, but that’s because I missed it

Barakov

Just beat it with about 103 hours on the clock. Hell of a ride but I'm out until the dlc. I have other games to play.

Majukun

Quest structure is still incredibly obtuse and something from could improve a lot.
Guy asked me to meet him in a place, no markers but ok I know where he meant.
So is he gonna wait for me at the entrance of the place? Nah, more in a random spot, way deep into the level... I get why he is there, but without previous info is impossible to understand and while if you are scraping a level for the first time you are bound to find him, if you came back after already taking everything, coming back just for him and look for him around an entire immense 'zone" is frustrating and pointless.

Pejo

Shouldn't those bears be nerfed? I stopped engaging them for a while now. I don't craft stuff anyway. They seem to attack infinitely.
Yea they are easily my least favorite things to fight in the game. Insane speed, heavy projectile, infinite stamina. The only saving grace is that you can fight them on horseback most of the time, but even that sucks because they can close distance insanely fast. All my homies hate bears.

iu

Meicyn

Gold Member
Yea they are easily my least favorite things to fight in the game. Insane speed, heavy projectile, infinite stamina. The only saving grace is that you can fight them on horseback most of the time, but even that sucks because they can close distance insanely fast. All my homies hate bears.

iu
Bears are awesome to fight if you use greatshields. I use Vyke’s Warspear +9 with a Golden Greatshield at the moment and while it takes me a bit to kill certain things, I do it in relative safety. The only vulnerability are enemies that grab, but there’s a tell for that after you learn from the initial trial and error. I sure as hell didn’t feel this way when I was two-handing curved greatswords for awhile.

Biggest thing I noticed in this game is that weapons that upgrade via somber smithing stones start off meh, but really come into their own once you hit +6. At +5, I barely noticed any difference between the warspear and a +16 partisan except for the partisan stabbing faster. At +9, I can down things in two charge attacks that would take four or more on the partisan. I noticed that attacks on certain shields no longer get deflected that would at lower upgrade levels while testing outside Gatefront. I almost gave up on the warspear and I’m glad I stuck with it.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The radhan fight was fun, not that hard like people were saying.

I guess now it's time to go to the capital finally.

In caelid there is this place with a gigantic jar boy, do i have to hit him? There are 3 signs of invocations for random red ghost, do i have to win 3 fights to talk with big jar boy?

I tried some of those signs and they were legit harder than radhan, especially the cunts with multiple bloody slash combo that eat you alive...

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I guess now it's time to go to the capital finally.

In caelid there is this place with a gigantic jar boy, do i have to hit him? There are 3 signs of invocations for random red ghost, do i have to win 3 fights to talk with big jar boy?

I tried some of those signs and they were legit harder than radhan, especially the cunts with multiple bloody slash combo that eat you alive...
Radahn was nerfed.

You get a reward from big jar if you beat all 3 invaders without resting at a grace/

MastAndo

He got nerfed in the latest patch. After 100 hours and having beaten the main quests and most bosses in the game, I still think he was the most challenging. I was stuck on him for hours...admittedly, that probably had a lot to do with being able to use Mimic in most fights, but not Radahn. Still, it was a pretty great boss fight.

SkylineRKR

I thought Radahn was fine, except for his orbs in phase 2 and perhaps the greatbow arrow in phase 1 but the timing is rather easy to get and once close enough he'll stop. Basically I fought him on foot mostly, when in front he will mostly do downward crushes you can punish. I was just level 60 and yet had to venture into Altus Plateau, it would be easier if I did him after Altus.

I don't think he needed a nerf. If you want you can simply summon NPC's and stay far away so he won't ever aggro you. They will even win the entire battle for you.

The one shot orbs are kind of ridiculous, its not the glintstone flurry he casts, I could always avoid those, but those 4 hovering around him.

Boneless

ELDEN RING : Patch Notes 1.03.2
Notice of Update Distribution

We are distributing this new update to fix several bugs in patch 1.03

We apologize for the inconvenience, but please apply the latest update before you enjoy the game.

Targeted Platform

PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5 / Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S / Steam

Major items included in the latest update

・Fixed a bug that sometime prevented players from advancing NPC Nepheli Loux’s questline

・Fixed a bug that causes the playable character to die when trying to descend from a spot near Bestial Sanctum

・Fixed a bug that prevented Ash of War, Endure from taking effect

・Fixed a bug in multiplayer that allowed players to teleport others to incorrect map coordinates

The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as followed

App Ver. 1.03.2

Regulation Ver. 1.03.2

※Online play requires the player to apply this update

We will continue to provide improvement updates in the future so you can enjoy "ELDEN RING" more comfortably. Please stay tune for more news.

SkylineRKR

Is there someone who can speak out Foul Tarnished! better than the Margit VA?

I loved it when I wandered

Outskirts and he insulted me yet again. He hates Tarnished, he hates all elden lords too. He's GOAT tier.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is there someone who can speak out Foul Tarnished! better than the Margit VA?

I loved it when I wandered

Outskirts and he insulted me yet again. He hates Tarnished, he hates all elden lords too. He's GOAT tier.

I also really love the way Rani says "foul trespasser" during the Renalla fight, you can hear the disgust in her voice.

Voice acting in the game is top notch. Especially Blaidd, amazing accent.

SkylineRKR

I also really love the way Rani says "foul trespasser" during the Renalla fight, you can hear the disgust in her voice.

Voice acting in the game is top notch. Especially Blaidd, amazing accent.

That whole line is perfect.

"emboldened by the flame of ambition... someone must extinguish thy flame'

They are a notch above previous Soulsborne games. Its extremely good. Godrick's Lowly Tarnished is good as well. I hope more of them will troll me.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
That whole line is perfect.

"emboldened by the flame of ambition... someone must extinguish thy flame'

They are a notch above previous Soulsborne games. Its extremely good. Godrick's Lowly Tarnished is good as well. I hope more of them will troll me.
it's the same guy that plays the protagonist in Vampyr

Top Bottom