• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The bird method:
For those of you having difficulty here is a video for how to access what is easily the best farming spot for runes mid-game and will even serve you we’ll late game. It’s so absurdly easy to do that I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it gets patched. 11K runes in less than a minute. You will also likely laugh watch this dumb bird fall off a cliff.

Ulysses 31

The bird method:
For those of you having difficulty here is a video for how to access what is easily the best farming spot for runes mid-game and will even serve you we’ll late game. It’s so absurdly easy to do that I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it gets patched. 11K runes in less than a minute. You will also likely laugh watch this dumb bird fall off a cliff.

Once you have the weapon with Wave of Gold art, killing all the other dudes in that area gives a lot more runes than just that bird.

Gordon Freeman

Gold Member
The bird method:

I can’t take that battle music seriously anymore after hearing it to the act of that bird walking or running to its death off a cliff. I just laugh when I hear it now lol

Gordon Freeman

Gold Member
For the new page! Grabbed the CE the other day. Amazing set for a really good price!

B3450102-8-F49-43-F1-9142-B570-D5066-A31.jpg

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
That Dead soldier Catacomb in the area where you Fight Radahn is something else. Those guys fighting all the time is great. Im trying to clear out the Red area, I guess I need to kill some Dragons and see what caves I can find.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Turns out Greatshields (or shields in general) make those giant hands a non-issue. Felt they were going to be troublesome for my Greatshield only build, but nope!

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Once you have the weapon with Wave of Gold art, killing all the other dudes in that area gives a lot more runes than just that bird.

What boss weapon is that? and I haven't even seen the snow, I am still working on Caelid and Volcano.

Ulysses 31

What boss weapon is that? and I haven't even seen the snow, I am still working on Caelid and Volcano.
Final boss... :lollipop_confounded:

Elden Beast

Though before I got that sword I was clearing the area with hoarfrost stomp before the nerf and that was pretty fast too, haven't tried with current patch.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Final boss... :lollipop_confounded:

Elden Beast

Though before I got that sword I was clearing the area with hoarfrost stomp before the nerf and that was pretty fast too, haven't tried with current patch.
Man I have the stomp thing....I didn't know it got nerfed.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Turns out Greatshields (or shields in general) make those giant hands a non-issue. Felt they were going to be troublesome for my Greatshield only build, but nope!

Yeah, I just figured out, tower shields plus the block counter move make a lot of situations pretty easy. For any noobies that want an easier mode vs enemies, try it out.

Ulysses 31

Yeah, I just figured out, tower shields plus the block counter move make a lot of situations pretty easy. For any noobies that want an easier mode vs enemies, try it out.
No kidding, I already cleared the game but I tried this shield build on bosses when I got summoned and you can pretty much take no dmg and attack the boss at the same time... 👀 👀 👀

Last edited:

Filben

I acquired my first great rune from Godrick. I'm not sure how to get the "raises all attributes" bonus from it. Took me a while to figure out, I have to equip it at the grace sites. Now it seems I have to use that rune arc item? Since it's consumable I reckon I only get the great rune bonus until I die and then have to use that consumable again to be granted that great rune bonus?

GymWolf

Gold Member
My first Souls game since Bloodborne (I got like half way through it) and I can't even get Margit's health down a quarter of the way. Maybe this isn't for me.
I think that father gascoigne is harder than margit tbh.

If you managed to beat that one, margit should be doable.

Go somewhere else in the first are and just level up\search for loot.

Shifty

Gordon Freeman

Gold Member
The entire Volcano Manor area was a much bigger dungeon than I was expecting and very satisfying to fully explore. Felt like Bloodborne 2 at times.

I thought it was the best quest line in the game.

The ending was fuuuuucked.

“I hope he will find purchase within me” as she continues to eat. 🤢

Thanks, I'll try give that a go. So with my runes should I be upgrading my weapons mostly or levelling up? Is there a recommended level I should be at before I take on Margit again?
both.

always level up when you can and if you have enough stones (and runes) to upgrade your weapon then do that. if i'm exploring an area and have enough runes to level up then i'm levelling up. if i think i have enough stones to upgrade then i'll go back to the roundtable and upgrade. to get stronger levelling up and weapon upgrades are the most important thing to spend runes on.

for margit i was lvl 46 and probably had about +4 weapon but you should be fine if you're level 30-40 with +3 or +4. i only got to lvl 46 because i kept putting off going to the castle. i probably could've gone a lot earlier.

the camera and platforming in this game are simply awful
that's From Software for ya ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

RafterXL

I swear most complainers haven't even tested the skills after the nerf, they're just like, "whelp, I am not using that anymore.", or "Man, I didn't even get to use them yet, guess I'll ask for a refund cause I can't beat the game without OP skills.". I kept using Bloody Slash and it is still really good. God forbid they try to balance some stuff so that everyone isn't using the same set of skills.
Pretty much everything that was nerfed is still really good. People overreacted to a ridiculous extreme.
So….is anyone willing to drop a Sacred Relic sword so I dont have to wait until the end to use it? Pretty please…

I’m playing on XSX…
Do you have any +9 weapons?

i think i've cleared most of the Liurnia Lake area and the only way forward i can think of is going up to the grand lift or the ruin strewn precipice area. Maybe it's time to finally go into the academy. i'm lvl 58 now.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Pretty much everything that was nerfed is still really good. People overreacted to a ridiculous extreme.

Do you have any +9 weapons?
Also, the Hoarfrost is good for staggering enemies right? Anything that can potentially stagger tanks enemies is worth considering in my book.

Freeman76

Still loving this, although it feels a touch like DS1 where the back end has a bit less love, seems less intricate and dense the further in I get. I just reached Mountaintop of Giants, how much is there left? I'm assuming this is the last region....but ive thought that a couple of times now 🤣🤣

MiguelItUp

the camera and platforming in this game are simply awful
The camera has been far worse in other titles, at least in my experience. But once you've gotten familiar with FS games the camera doesn't become an issue anymore.

I was actually surprised by the platforming TBH. It works a LOT better than I ever could've imagined, personally.

The_hunter

I love the interactions between elements.

I realized when it's raining, my fire incantations were doing around 10 % less damage. I didn't check with fire damage weapon yet.

Also I though being smart by Freezing enemy with my twinblade and then hitting them with my Magma Wyrm's Scalesword (with Wondrous mix boosting my fire damage) for big damage but I realized that hitting a frozen enemy with fire cancel the freeze... Kind of logic, I should've known xD

I guess rain increase lighting damage but I didn't try yet.
Try casting lightning magic at a pool of water.

Aesius

I thought it was the best quest line in the game.

The ending was fuuuuucked.

“I hope he will find purchase within me” as she continues to eat. 🤢
Going all the way through the dungeon part of the area and then opening a door only to end up back in the Manor itself was classic FromSoft level design. I also recently found a cave in Caelid that exited onto a cliffside in Limgrave with an otherwise unreachable item.

RafterXL

I see. Are you willing to trade? I can get like the Winged Scythe to +9
Will you be on later?

I don't need any upgraded weapons, I have like 150 of them +9 or better...lol.

When you finally get the Sacred on your own, I will take the unupgraded one on an alt if you don't mind?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Yeah, there is a note telling you that, but I never really tried.

Anyway, got to the last boss and… nope, that’s enough for me, fam. Took me two aborted runs and around 90 hours to get there, but just like in Sekiro, they just had to go over the top with the last guy. Fuck this BS. Most accessible Souls, my hairy ass. If these games weren’t so damn addictive to me, I’d have quit much earlier, but there’s still a limit to the abuse I can take.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Discover invisible platforms by firing arrows in this illusory themed episode.

Our Soulsborne expert Dave Klein is here with another ten things about Elden Ring. This week's episode is an illusory theme episode. Dave explains how to find invisible platforms by using arrows and rainbow stones, organizing your items quickly and efficiently, keeping your runes after death, and the Abductor Virgin.

00:12 - Invisible Platforms #1
01:34 - Rainbow Stones
02:17 - Arrows for platforms
02:48 - Invisible Platforms #2
04:05 - Item Categories
04:30 - Item organization
04:52 - Not Losing Runes upon Death
06:00 - Pumpkin Head’s Helmet
06:14 - The Ultimate Finger Maiden Husk
07:39 - The Abductor Virgin

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Is there an established order yet for doing all the areas?
Going by the order in which the boss remnants appear in your inventory, I would say it's:

Limgrave, Liurnia, Altus, Gelmir, Leyndell, Caelid, Mountain

Swift_Star

Banned
Yeah, there is a note telling you that, but I never really tried.

Anyway, got to the last boss and… nope, that’s enough for me, fam. Took me two aborted runs and around 90 hours to get there, but just like in Sekiro, they just had to go over the top with the last guy. Fuck this BS. Most accessible Souls, my hairy ass. If these games weren’t so damn addictive to me, I’d have quit much earlier, but there’s still a limit to the abuse I can take.
The real problem with the last boss is that there’s no rest between the fights and second phase is RNG BS.

Shifty

The real problem with the last boss is that there’s no rest between the fights and second phase is RNG BS.
There's nothing quite like running from a projectile that shoots projectiles while the boss is buffering in a projectile rain attack that obscures the screen so he can blindside you with bigger, sword-ier projectiles shortly after.

Though I think I hit an AI bug in my final run - a little way into the fight he just sat there and took 8 or so no-stamina R2s in a row without reacting. Took him from 80% life all the way to zero. I guess the game figured out that I was done and just gave it to me :pie_thinking:

Last edited:
Top Bottom