• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I think I’m done with Elden Ring. The repetitive nature of the game finally broke me. I don’t care how many decaying nightmarish creatures you throw at me, the magic is kinda gone. I beat Godrick, explored around and yeah, it’s more dark souls combat. Save us BOTW2

Last edited:

Saber

Been wondering around a bit aimlessly since taking out Rinnala. Wondered the Atlus plateau for a bit but think I'm a little under leveled for the capitol.

Went back and took out the Magma Wyrm And respecced for moonveil. Big mistake. Back to my bloody slash I'm thinking.

Decided to give Radahn a go. He's... Not too bad? Only did a handful of attempts but got him down to 50% pretty consistently. Think I read somewhere he got nerfed though? Probably get him tonight.

According to fans, yes. Not sure why he needed to be nerfed though.

Bartski

Gold Member
LMAO check this out:

cCQvHh1.jpg

...weapons go for 8 dollars a piece. So how does this work, people pay actual money and arrange a network pass summon who drops it? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hit the 40-hour mark. Finally got to and beat Morgott in the capital.

My character is now level 103, so I believe I'm a bit over leveled(?). My main strat is summoning the mimic tear then drinking a potion before each boss fight. The clone and I generally wreck house on most things.

Seems I'm getting pretty far - I may actually be able to beat this game, it'll be my first Soulsborne game I've beaten if I do!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I guess there's something I'm missing regarding those spear wielding enemies at the start of Siofra.. they're pretty tough it seems. The gant crabs a little up ahead cause me no problems.

Just found the map. This game......

Last edited:
I think I’m done with Elden Ring. The repetitive nature of the game finally broke me. I don’t care how many decaying nightmarish creatures you throw at me, the magic is kinda gone. I beat Godrick, explored around and yeah, it’s more dark souls combat. Save us BOTW2
I do see where you are coming from but I'll probably play it all year. The open world has created too much to do of the same thing. I prefer the older souls games progress routes.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I guess there's something I'm missing regarding those spear wielding enemies at the start of Siofra.. they're pretty tough it seems. The gant crabs a little up ahead cause me no problems.

Just found the map. This game......
IIRC those were weaker to blunt weapons (maces, hammers, big sticks) than other kinds of weapons. But yeah, they are strong... I used to skip past them the first times I met them.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
IIRC those were weaker to blunt weapons (maces, hammers, big sticks) than other kinds of weapons. But yeah, they are strong... I used to skip past them the first times I met them.

I thought the same. Tried a great hammer but no dice either since it isn't upgraded at all. Like you I just skipped past them =P Oh my the music in this area.. Awesome

Pejo

I did it.

This weapon vs. her for melee was one of the worst decisions. Don't do it.

That was a great fight, fun to watch. I felt myself wanting to mash attack watching the very end, good on you for having the proper restraint to wait for an opening. I've lost many a fight getting greedy at the end.

So Malenia is blind right? I'm assuming lore wise she's tracking the player's footsteps via the water in the arena. Has anybody tried using that talisman that silences the players footsteps? I doubt they'd make an endgame boss susceptible to a mechanic like that, but they already did it once with Old Hero, and this is FROM...

Taking on the
godskin noble solo
to make it easy for me later. Took me a while to avoid taking damage from the rolls.

Last edited:

ItsTheNew

I do see where you are coming from but I'll probably play it all year. The open world has created too much to do of the same thing. I prefer the older souls games progress routes.
Same, maybe I’ll just set it down and play it in a couple years and pretend it’s dlc. It just needs some variety, which I’m aware flies in the face of the focused nature of the design that people like.

That was a great fight, fun to watch. I felt myself wanting to mash attack watching the very end, good on you for having the proper restraint to wait for an opening. I've lost many a fight getting greedy at the end.

So Malenia is blind right? I'm assuming lore wise she's tracking the player's footsteps via the water in the arena. Has anybody tried using that talisman that silences the players footsteps? I doubt they'd make an endgame boss susceptible to a mechanic like that, but they already did it once with Old Hero, and this is FROM...
Not heard anything on it having any bonus effects on her. I've seen some say bosses input read less with it (not attack when healing), but that could just be a placebo on there part. It could though, Mohg has 2 things to make his fight easier you can find.

Lokaum D+

Just started Journey 2 after 165 hours and i regret so much, just lookin at the empty map without the graces right now and i m done, i dont have the gas for the Platinum, i got every trophy ( aside the ending ones ) and 2 more playthrougs is a litle too much, ll wait for a price drop on PC, get the game, get a save game at the end of Journey 1, edit my char with the same stats that i have on my ps5 and wait for dlc, this game is awesome, but is too big for 3 full runs.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I had somehow missed the fight with Godrick the Grafted. Just did it and it was much easier than Godefroy the Grafted since you could use summons and also have a npc assist you. I got Nepheli Loux, and she never did a damn thing except hide behind me. Rotten Stray pinned him down and Rock Sling did it's thing.

This game is massive. There's so much to do, it almost seems never-ending.

tassletine

Same, maybe I’ll just set it down and play it in a couple years and pretend it’s dlc. It just needs some variety, which I’m aware flies in the face of the focused nature of the design that people like.
I think you need to get further in the game, unless you're not into Souls at all, as there's much more variety than most souls games (bar perhaps 2). It's very varied and puzzle like.

ItsTheNew

I think you need to get further in the game, unless you're not into Souls at all, as there's much more variety than most souls games (bar perhaps 2). It's very varied and puzzle like.
I’ve put in like 30 hrs, I’ve seen enough. I’m “full”. I liked the shorter and linear Bloodborne. It’s not a bad game I just want other stuff to do than fight. Not interested in the multiplayer either.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

My impression is that a lot bosses react to any action taken against them. Which is why certain summons can make bosses can get seriously hyperactive, and once they drop, if you simply back off and evade the boss's first flurry of attacks they settle back into a more manageable rhythm.

Mossybrew

Whew just finished up the Capital earlier, glad to have that place behind me. Just set foot in Forbidden Lands and I'm sure this place will be even worse somehow.

tassletine

I’ve put in like 30 hrs, I’ve seen enough. I’m “full”. I liked the shorter and linear Bloodborne. It’s not a bad game I just want other stuff to do than fight. Not interested in the multiplayer either.
Yeah. It's not that sort of game. Bloodborne is still my favourite but it came to a point where I realised that ER was just far longer and had to calm myself down a bit.

Seriously though, there's some amazing stuff in there regarding the lore and how the story is told later on. I don't think the beginning of the game (which I didn't really warm to) does it justice.
The beginning of the game feels very much like a mix of different things, but by the end levels really wow you with how well designed and varied they are.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Whew just finished up the Capital earlier, glad to have that place behind me. Just set foot in Forbidden Lands and I'm sure this place will be even worse somehow.
The icy lands were the worst (but still nice) part of the game for me. That is, until you get to the cool parts, but overall it felt way less developed than Limgrave or Liurnia. Which honestly was fine for me... game is long enough already and I was kinda grateful for the game picking up the pace.

SkylineRKR

So I went back to Redmane for a certain side quest (turns out I had already exhausted all dialogue there so I went for nothing), but I saw a yellow door. This was the fight that was rumoured to be missable. Well, its not. At level 120, these 2 dudes were a joke obviously.

Orbital2060

God damn, Im loving the Raging Wolf set. So glad I didnt mess that up, without knowing you could.

6a49d5ee-fc44-494f-afmcjb4.png

Also upgraded the Nagakiba to +25 with Blood affinity Seppuku. Powerstancing this with River of Blood and it fucking rocks. The Nagakiba has a whopping (92) build-up on hemorhage with each hit, plus the seppuku buff which I dont know adds how much to that. But hemorrhage seems to pop every 2-3 hits now compared to the uchi with a (45) build-up usually taking 4-5 hits for an hemorrhage. Ideally you want an Occult affinity on the Nagakiba but that scales better with Arcane so Im working my way to 50/50 Dex/Arc. Still the Blood affinity might be situationally better with more hemorrhages popping. And the utility of the much longer blade makes it a definate upgrade over the Uchi any way.

TintoConCasera

Thinking about doing a second run. Already did STR/FTH, so... How are DEX/INT builds? Are they fun play or does everything end up resorting to spam magic?

Strange spawn glitch just gave me a powerful armour drop...

I'm not complaining 🤣

Happened to me too. Was that a glitch tho? I thought that was intentional and that it happened because of the player messing with those lights on the ground that spawn the chariots.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Thinking about doing a second run. Already did STR/FTH, so... How are DEX/INT builds? Are they fun play or does everything end up resorting to spam magic?

Happened to me too. Was that a glitch tho? I thought that was intentional and that it happened because of the player messing with those lights on the ground that spawn the chariots.
yeah by changing the position of the flame thrower platform elsewhere

Portugeezer

Didn't know, I was just avoiding them and this happened afterwards. But I guess it's not a glitch then.

Doom85

So I went back to Redmane for a certain side quest (turns out I had already exhausted all dialogue there so I went for nothing), but I saw a yellow door. This was the fight that was rumoured to be missable. Well, its not. At level 120, these 2 dudes were a joke obviously.

Wait, you for real?

(logs in to check and HOLY SHIT)

LOL, this was like if in Dragonball Z, Goku went back in time to fight Nappa and Vegeta in the Saipan arc.

(Goku goes SSJ2)
Nappa: …..Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: I’m not even going to bother checking, Nappa. Trust me, we’re fucked.
(Goku then summons Mimic Tear)
Vegeta: Oh, fuck you.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Yay, Platinum got after 180+ hrs.

Very good effort FROM. Better than I expected, and with their track record that's high praise for me.

Quick FYI for people looking to grind out *all* the endings in a single cycle.
Don't make the mistake I did. The actual point of no return is Placidusax not the final boss.

Because if you don't leave that til last, there's always the chance that you could kill the boss without activating his site of grace and in so doing end up locked in/out of the frenzied flame ending. The "lie down" option doesn't reappear after the dragon dies, so if like me you somehow, manage to die at the same time as the boss. You get booted back to the bridge and have no way back in, which is kinda a problem as its the only place you can use the needle.

Good job I backed up my save!

Last edited:

slade

Spent the weekend mopping up a few bosses. Took out Putrid Avatar, Baleful Shadow, Astel and that Glintstone Dragon in front of the Moonlight Cathedral. I was coasting high and then I ran into Black Knife Tiche. It's a fun fight and a remainder that the more fun bosses are the ones that are the same size as your character. I haven't had this much problem with a boss since the Bloodhound Darriwil fight.

DelireMan7

Pfff. I just beat Mogh, Lord of blood after 3h30... Brutal second phase. Also this transition... I suspected there was a trick to it but I couldn't find it. After beating it, I check on wiki and yes there is a trick but it requires an item I didn't have xD

I can see why some complain about extremely aggressive (with never ending combos) boss with very little opening. It's still fine for me.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Just beat the draconic tree sentinal at level 50 with a warhawk talon and having my jelly fish die at the mid point of the fight not having done much.

It really highlighted just how poor the input registration is in this game. A large portion of the deaths were due to dropped roll or block inputs. I just end up standing there and face tanking a charged attack because apparently circle is not the dodge input for a vital split second.

*edit*

Upon looking at slowed down footage with an overlay showing the controller inputs. Most of the dropped inputs come because of the crouch button is interfering with dodging.

Crouching is more important than dodging attacks
Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Last edited:
Top Bottom