• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Fake

Gold Member
Beat Lord of Blood without summons. Feels good and the OST make the battle even better.

From Soft really did a black magic because only when you beat the game, the openning intro starts to make sense and gets real better unlike the first time you watch.

Now I'm watching the intro on youtube so many fucking times.

Last edited:

SCB3

Beat Lord of Blood without summons. Feels good and the OST make the battle even better.

From Soft really did a black magic because only when you beat the game, the openning intro starts to make sense and gets real better unlike the first time you watch.

They did the same with the Original Dark Souls

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

I like it in concept, but hated it in presentation.

Like man, in Dark Souls we got those cool CGI scenes, with gods fighting dragons with thunder or giants rising from their graves.

When I saw that ER's was just a slideshow of .jpegs I got a bit disappointed. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Fake

Gold Member
I like it in concept, but hated it in presentation.

Like man, in Dark Souls we got those cool CGI scenes, with gods fighting dragons with thunder or giants rising from their graves.

When I saw that ER's was just a slideshow of .jpegs I got a bit disappointed. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I like CGI, but again they would bring up the graphics vs art direction to the table.

I would prefer the artwork slide in this matter.

Mossybrew

Whew, so, progressing. Fire Giant was another chump who went down first try. However just killed the Godskin boys and that was more challenging, at six tries to beat I think they were the toughest required boss so far.

Also a tip for Moonveil users, an interesting alternate weapon is Wing of Astel. Its lighter, though it has shorter range its heavy attack is also a magic attack, that when charged hits twice, and costs 0 fp to use. Art is a magical explosive arc that his pretty hard. Interesting weapon.

Pejo

Whew, so, progressing. Fire Giant was another chump who went down first try. However just killed the Godskin boys and that was more challenging, at six tries to beat I think they were the toughest required boss so far.

Also a tip for Moonveil users, an interesting alternate weapon is Wing of Astel. Its lighter, though it has shorter range its heavy attack is also a magic attack, that when charged hits twice, and costs 0 fp to use. Art is a magical explosive arc that his pretty hard. Interesting weapon.
I switched from Moonveil to Wing of Astel with an off hand Cold Mantis Blade for the curved sword powerstance. Best move I ever made, it's not nearly as OP as Moonveil, but it's a lot of fun and does a ton of damage if you can get in close enough. It's awful for some fights though, like surprisingly Astel himself.

There are a ton of good INT weapons this time around. I feel like I'm having an embarrassment of riches in weapon selection on top of spells. I plan on doing full Faith build next playthrough, so I'm enjoying this while I can.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Just finished Raya Lucaria last night after 60 hours. An absolute trove of INT swag. So many good items.

Sadly I've settled on a FTH build ...

Is there an area with a similar wealth of FTH items and if so, could I feasibly go there now? Maybe without killing any bosses so as to not disrupt my quests/continuity.

Was thinking about cleaning up Liurnia a bit more before moving on to Caelid but I could change that plan.

Maybe Blaidd will let you ride on his shoulders.
Maybe Blaidd will let him ride him.
sexy nicole kidman GIF

DonF

Performance still sucks on ps5 guys. Still stuttering all the time. Is it safe to assume at this point that their never going to fix the framerate? I'm starting to lose hope.
I mean its not steady 60, but its not unplayable, minimum stuttering. Ive played all soulsbourne games on console and this has to be the best performing one, excluding last gen games on ps5 (ps5 sekiro and ds3 are perfect 60) Hell the frame pacing of bloodbourne was god awful, and there is nothing as bad in elden ring.

slade

Bought Demon's Souls because it just went on sale. Played a bit of the opening. It looks so much better then Elden Ring. Fired up Elden Ring and decided to finally head to Leyendell. Got to the City and my eyes nearly popped because of the overwhelming size of the City. It looks amazing too if I'm being honest.

Spent a few hours just getting lost. Took out a few minor bosses before I had to head to work. I'm sixty hours in now and at level 102. I think I still have another sixty before I'm finally done with this game.

Shtef

Well that's it, after 140 hours and level 197 i got 100% achievements.
I might continue plying with my current character instead of starting a new one, its way too long to start everything from beginning.

Last edited:

SCB3

ok, getting closer to the Platinum here, need a few more of the legendary stuff, to defeat Mohg, the Omen and go do the Shaded Castle

Not bad, not bad

EDIT: Shit I've missed the Bolt of Gransax
You need to grab it before Burning the Erdtree
I wonder if someone drops it for me it counts? Or else NG+ may be needed

Last edited:

ghairat

ok, getting closer to the Platinum here, need a few more of the legendary stuff, to defeat Mohg, the Omen and go do the Shaded Castle

Not bad, not bad

You can ask someone to drop it for you and you will get the trophy

Boneless

What I hate about the upgrade system is that you have to buy low level stones, though they did lower the cost. Later on they hardly drop anymore and you can't pick them up again ofcourse.

I also don't like how expensive it is. Some upgrades costs like 10k per step. Its mostly I have to grind runes again, instead of not having the materials. You can offset this by using some insane grinding stop but i'm not there yet.

Those gates are worthless besides the item you can get. Suicide run them. I only liked the grafted scion area.

I am not sure what youre doing if you have to grind runes to buy smithing stones. In any case, they are miner caves where you can find lots of smithing stones.

TonyK

Question if somebody can check it: I finished the game and the save shows 105 hours of playtime, but my PS5 shows only 81 hours of playtime for Elden Ring. Anyone can check if his save and console shows same discrepancy? What is the right playtime, save or console playing time?

TonyK

Not bad, not bad

I missed it also and it was my last trophy for the platinum. I started a NG+ and I arrived to the city and grab the weapon in less than 2 hours (and obtained the Platinum!), so it's easy. Only things to take in account if you try to obtain it in NG+ are:
Probably, you will try to go directly to the city, but when you arrive you will discover entrance is sealed with a magic barrier.
- In order to enter the city you MUST have two big runes, one equipped. So you must complete Stormveil Castle and the Academy, and equip Godrick's rune.
- Also, you need to go the round table, so, you MUST stay in some lost graces in Limgrave to make Melina appear

Bartski

Gold Member
how annoying is the Plat this time around? Demons souls farming for fucking 3 days to get pure bladestones was brutal
Very easy as compared to previous games. For the first time ever can be done in a single playthrough if you save scum the ending. What can go wrong is 2 missable legendary weapons and a questline you can fail.

TonyK

how annoying is the Plat this time around? Demons souls farming for fucking 3 days to get pure bladestones was brutal
My only From Software Platinum. I think is the easiest platinum from them. No farming, no collect all items, no multiplayer trophies...

SkylineRKR

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but can someone write down the location of each Shibari grape?

One is at Godrick's Throne room

purified ruins, south of the Carian Study Hall, you need to slash a invisible piece of floor

Edgar drops one, after he invades you at the Revenger's shack when Irina's dead.

Then, for the final item, you need to go to Church of inhibition.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I don't care for Souls games. But I'm really enjoying Elden Ring after a few hours. The fact that I can turn around and go in a different direction really changes things up for me. Right now, my biggest obstacle is getting used to button placement as my fingers are still locked into Horizon Forbidden West mode.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
What I hate about the upgrade system is that you have to buy low level stones, though they did lower the cost. Later on they hardly drop anymore and you can't pick them up again ofcourse.

I also don't like how expensive it is. Some upgrades costs like 10k per step. Its mostly I have to grind runes again, instead of not having the materials. You can offset this by using some insane grinding stop but i'm not there yet.

Those gates are worthless besides the item you can get. Suicide run them. I only liked the grafted scion area.
I hate that you basically have to wait until the end of the game to be able to buy the highest tier stones but I have little issue with their cost, since you can easily farm 100K+ in less than 2 minutes using the blood lake death bird and the enemies next to the grace.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yes it's a nice system blown up to ridiculous levels. Even though you can theoretically acquire the means to purchase most smithing stones except for the very highest tier of upgrade, it's an involved process that extends up to the very late game, so you're usually locked to a handful of weapons leaving little room for experimentation.

It's crazy that character respec is an easier process than trying out different weapons once you're far enough that you're depending on highly upgraded ones. We should have gotten weapon respecs too.
This is my biggest criticism of the game. The tier 3 and 4 ball bearings for smithing stones should have been available to get earlier. Tier 3 should have been at Volcano and Reyendell and then tier 4 should have been at mountain of giants.

So outside the front door of the Academy I literally picked up the map for the key, didn't read it and forgot all about it. Was wondering around for hours trying to find this damn key. Eventually a google search for spoilerless hints for the key flicked a light on in my brain ffs.

zkorejo

Completed rannis quest. Genuine question. Loving the game and all but in all honesty, how the hell am I supposed to do these quests without googling? I got to the final boss, the floating magical caterpillar skull guy and was shown a wall that I'm missing some ring. How can I know this ring even existed if it wasn't for internet.

thuGG_pl

Completed rannis quest. Genuine question. Loving the game and all but in all honesty, how the hell am I supposed to do these quests without googling? I got to the final boss, the floating magical caterpillar skull guy and was shown a wall that I'm missing some ring. How can I know this ring even existed if it wasn't for internet.
From my perspective, you don't. Googling questlines is mandatory.

Last edited:

Saber

I switched from Moonveil to Wing of Astel with an off hand Cold Mantis Blade for the curved sword powerstance. Best move I ever made, it's not nearly as OP as Moonveil, but it's a lot of fun and does a ton of damage if you can get in close enough. It's awful for some fights though, like surprisingly Astel himself.

There are a ton of good INT weapons this time around. I feel like I'm having an embarrassment of riches in weapon selection on top of spells. I plan on doing full Faith build next playthrough, so I'm enjoying this while I can.

Wing of Astel is my best partner since ever. Nebula sure is strong, even for a battle mage like me. My main attribute is Int( I'm late game though, so both my str and dex scalings are reaching it).

I read on internet that Nebula and other similar multiple explosions effects were sightly nerfs so an enemy doesn't get hit by 2 or 3 explosions at same time. Not sure if true, though I feel like my Nebula doesn't hit harder than before.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Ranni should have given you a key, and you should remember certain locked chest.

I did it without guide, it's possible.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
THe Evergol with the Electo black knight is killing me a bunch, so I am moving on. I made it to the GIants forge, and touched the Grace, but I don't know what to do there.

I guess I should go up to Hailigtree....but We shall see. I have a few dungeons and catacombs to do in the snow area still. Like the giant killers grave.

FFS. I can't for the life of me find the portal in Siofra that takes you to that dragon dude.
you mean lichdragon fortissax? the portal isn't found in the lower part of siofra that you access from the well in mistwood or caelid. you need to

beat starscourge radahn and progress through Nokron and beat the twin gargoyles. you then go inside the coffin

Last edited by a moderator:

SkylineRKR

He could also mean the Dragonkin. There is a portal not far from the brazier shrine. I think its to the left of that place, at the edge.

Astel was incredibly tough for me, at level 70 ish. But I did do it. I felt he was a level 80-90 boss. His attacks however, just stay out of AoE range and most things won't hit you. The meteorites I could evade by rolling to a side while locked on. I think I threw dark flames or lightning spears at him, sometimes melee. That one slow swipe he does is rather harmless and punishable.

Ranni should have given you a key, and you should remember certain locked chest.

I did it without guide, it's possible.

Actually this quest is one of the easier ones to follow without guide. I started it because I found her behind the manor, and then,

she tells you to go to a hidden entrance in mistwood or something, which I had already found so I knew it was Siofra. Then Blaidd tells you to go to seluvis, then they point you towards Radahn after which you're going to look for the crash site. This is all rather obvious.There is one thing I looked up lol, the coffin at the very end of the quest.

But the chest. I'm not sure but doesn't the key mention something like library?

Last edited:

Saber

At what level are you supposed to fight Astel because holy crap he is kicking my ass.

I think its hard for melee fighters, my brother have problems dealing with him. In my case, Night Maiden Mist is enought to deal with him at mid range.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
you mean lichdragon fortissax? the portal isn't in the lower part of siofra accessed from the well in mistwood or caelid. you need to

beat starscourge radahn and progress through Nokron and beat the twin gargoyles.

No I don't think that's the one I'm referencing. No I'm sure it's in the lower part between the crabs and archers who stomp their feet. There are 2 portals that transport you just a bit and I found a third one that took me to a crawling giant dude with dragon in its name. I noped out att and now I can't find that portal anymore. Feel like I'm going crazy lol.

I think its hiding in plain aight. I just stumbled upon it couple days ago. Thank you for responding btw

Also, that Ciara (?) Mansion area was dope af. Spider hands an all. It's boss was very very easy at lvl 62 but cool nonetheless

Last edited:
Top Bottom