• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Needlecrash

Got a problem. So after beating Godrick, I died a few times in Liurnia. My rune acquisition is about 30% upon retrieval. I suspect that Gostoc is taking it. But, if I kill him, he won't open up shop later. Am I just screwed then for the rest of the game?

Got a problem. So after beating Godrick, I died a few times in Liurnia. My rune acquisition is about 30% upon retrieval. I suspect that Gostoc is taking it. But, if I kill him, he won't open up shop later. Am I just screwed then for the rest of the game?
not 100% sure but i think if you kill him you will get an item you can give to the twin maiden at roundtable hold and you buy all gostoc's stuff there.

also, i think gostoc only steals your runes in stormveil. shouldn't be doing it in liurnia as far as i know.

SJRB

Gold Member

This is not supposed to happen beyond Stormveil.

Did you double-check this?

Cyberpunkd

Mimic +10 is so fucking insane, I'm really happy they didn't nerf it too hard because it's such a great help when I can't beat a boss on my own.
After visiting the underground you are actually swimming in upgrades for legendary ashes, I have much more of that than the regular ones.

Also regarding Meteor Ore Sword - that R2 is legit.

Fake

Gold Member
I've been trying to beat Rennala all day. I've come so close a couple times but the fucking controls screwed me up both times. Spammed Rock Sling on her and it was doing massive damage each time but then I ran out of FP, used a potion, used it all up again, and then instead of switching to my axe to finish her off I accidentally switched potions instead and was wondering why my axe wasn't working. I still had the staff out. Literally one swing would've taken her out. And if it's not the controls beating me it's those damn spells that kill me in 1 hit. First phase is pretty easy to do but it's really annoying and so is that long ass run from the grace point.

People underestimate the daggers. Throw some on her when you can. Either common or poison.

Cyberpunkd

I've been trying to beat Rennala all day. I've come so close a couple times but the fucking controls screwed me up both times. Spammed Rock Sling on her and it was doing massive damage each time but then I ran out of FP, used a potion, used it all up again, and then instead of switching to my axe to finish her off I accidentally switched potions instead and was wondering why my axe wasn't working. I still had the staff out. Literally one swing would've taken her out. And if it's not the controls beating me it's those damn spells that kill me in 1 hit. First phase is pretty easy to do but it's really annoying and so is that long ass run from the grace point.
She is piss easy. Second phase - run away from the summons and dodge her spells.

Mossybrew

Elden Beast was an absolute brick wall for me last night, I even tried summoning other players for a few attempts, and that was a total clown show. Well I did realize I entirely missed the Haligtree so gonna check that out, maybe gain a couple levels for my next attempt.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I've only used summons once but I have a huge stable of them and have Roderika ready to upgrade them. I also have a boatload of upgrade mats.

Kinda overwhelmed though on which ones to try out ... if any.

Anyone have recommendations on some of the better ones to spend upgrade mats on?

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I've only used summons once but I have a huge stable of them and have Roderika ready to upgrade them. I also have a boatload of upgrade mats.

Anyone have recommendations on some of the better ones to spend upgrade mats on?
Mimic is amazing as it creates a copy of you. The headless knight thing is really good too. Demi humans can swarm. Undead are good because they respawn if not hit when knocked out.

SkylineRKR

not 100% sure but i think if you kill him you will get an item you can give to the twin maiden at roundtable hold and you buy all gostoc's stuff there.

also, i think gostoc only steals your runes in stormveil. shouldn't be doing it in liurnia as far as i know.

I wouldn't kill him before finishing the quest post-Morgott. Rune stealing shouldn't happen beyond Stormveil, no. Its no biggie.

Mossybrew

Well heck I totally missed a big chunk of game, the whole Western area of the giant mountains, the other part of that underground city with that blood boss dude. Haven't even got to Haligtree yet.

Mimic Tear, Headless Lhutel, Black Blade Tiche.

My holy trinity of badass girls.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Mimic Tear, Headless Lhutel, Black Blade Tiche.

My holy trinity of badass girls.
Mimic is amazing as it creates a copy of you. The headless knight thing is really good too. Demi humans can swarm. Undead are good because they respawn if not hit when knocked out.
Haven't found the Mimic yet. I just beat Raya Lucaria around 60 hours in. Still cleaning up Liurnia and about to move north towards the manor.

I'll mess around with Lhutel. Found some Avionette Soldier ashes in the Academy and heard they were good. Anyone confirm?

Not sure how I feel about summons yet as I've barely used them. Might prove useful though and I don't want to miss out on a big mechanic of the game.

Mossybrew

So after falling off the branches of Haligtree a few times I went back and tried Elden Beast again, killed it and and... that's it? I guess I should have done more quests or something, but still what a wet fart of an ending after that journey. Well, never thought I'd beat this game when I started, so, cool I guess.

Last edited:

zkorejo

what level are you and what are your weapons upgraded to?

im about to go to altus and im lvl 81 with +18 uchigatana :messenger_neutral:
It will be easy for you too I guess. I was around the same level and 2 shot killing random enemies.

How do I go to the mountain of the Giants.
So after falling off the branches of Haligtree a few times I went back and tried Elden Beast again, killed it and and... that's it? I guess I should have done more quests or something, but still what a wet fart of an ending after that journey. Well, never thought I'd beat this game when I started, so, cool I guess.
I have yet to go to the north east part of the map. I don't even know if story requires me to go there but that's where rivers of blood katana is.

I'm currently at the capital and absolutely loving it but don't know if I should stay here or move out and come back later. Don't want to face the end game bosses yet.

I'm asking because Melina told me she was off and I am on my own. So it feels like I'm kind of nearing the end area.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

I'm currently at the capital and absolutely loving it but don't know if I should stay here or move out and come back later. Don't want to face the end game bosses yet.

There's still a good chunk of game after the capital, especially if you learn up how to get to Haligtree, so you have plenty to do still.

zkorejo

There's still a good chunk of game after the capital, especially if you learn up how to get to Haligtree, so you have plenty to do still.
So I should just progress naturally and freely in the capital and not expect the game to roll credits right?

I have this habit of not going back to the game after credits roll so I want to explore every part of the map before it happens.

Mossybrew

So I should just progress naturally and freely in the capital and not expect the game to roll credits right?

I have this habit of not going back to the game after credits roll so I want to explore every part of the map before it happens.
Yup you have plenty more to go after the Capital. Once you get to the mountains beyond you just might want to look up how to get to Haligtree because that opens up a whole other western section of the map with hours of gameplay and it's easy to miss.

Cyberpunkd

So lore wise it looks like

the citizens of Eternal Cities were working to either make a new Elden Lord or working with Ranni to slay the demigods serving the Greater Will. Interesting is Astrel is seen as a punishment - perhaps action of the Greater Will?

Meicyn

Gold Member
My Mimic Tear +10 is hilariously effective. I drop him while wielding Great Stars loaded with a Prayerful Strike Ash of War. Great Stars heals for 1% health per swing. Prayerful Strike has hyperarmor which allows the hit to go through most of the time even while attacked and heals for a buttload while doing poise damage to the enemy. You basically will have a self-sustaining Mimic Tear that can reliably heal himself.

I also have the Pulley Crossbow offhand and load it with bolts according to needs. It fires a set of three in quick succession and is excellent for debuffing using frostbolts, rotbolts, bleedbolts, you name it. The Mimic Tear will fire it if the enemy is at range and will switch to Great Stars when in close quarters. Essentially, if they lose aggro, it will get it back quickly and help debuff!

Have the ironjar aromatic equipped and your mimic will also make use of it. So good.

j0hnnix

Finished it!

I went with the ending that best suited my misery of those last two bosses.

From Software Eyes GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

finally headed to altus. went up the dectus lift and spoke to an npc who took me to volcano manor. don't know what consequences that has. i hope it doesn't fuck with anything but the npcs are worrying me with their talk. went back to the ruin strewn precipice and worked my way up to the magmar wyrm boss and invaded the volcano manor guy. done another one for patches. the next one in is the capital but i'm not going in there yet.

explored a little of mt gelnir and done a chunk of altus. i got the nagakiba weapon which i love! have upgraded it to +8 already. also got the dual blade thing the npc drops after invading.

i'm way too OP for this area.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
what level are you and what are your weapons upgraded to?

im about to go to altus and im lvl 81 with +18 uchigatana :messenger_neutral:
75 or so. My weapon is a somber tier and it's maxed up to where I need a dragon something or other to get to the next level.

When I first went there, via the side route, the enemies I encountered in that beginning section were tougher than those in the main area. I haven't yet gone back to that section.

75 or so. My weapon is a somber tier and it's maxed up to where I need a dragon something or other to get to the next level.

When I first went there, via the side route, the enemies I encountered in that beginning section were tougher than those in the main area. I haven't yet gone back to that section.
i finally got to altus (lvl 82 now) and the enemies are 1 or 2 hit kills. i might switch to my nagakiba +9 now for a bit of a challenge. my main is +18 uchigatana.

G-Bus

Banned
Struggled on the Draconic Tree Sentinel for some reason. Was a real bitch.

Just doing the capitol now. Place is a little confusing. Explored quite a bit so I've been hunting for the main boss guy and bump into a Lord. Should have listened to the messages. Not sure if I'll tough this out or come back later.

I really like the environments and look of the game. One of my favourite open world's in recent memory. The art is amazing.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

I think I'm good to go on that front now. No issues to report.

Doom85

finally headed to altus. went up the dectus lift and spoke to an npc who took me to volcano manor. don't know what consequences that has. i hope it doesn't fuck with anything but the npcs are worrying me with their talk. went back to the ruin strewn precipice and worked my way up to the magmar wyrm boss and invaded the volcano manor guy. done another one for patches. the next one in is the capital but i'm not going in there yet.

explored a little of mt gelnir and done a chunk of altus. i got the nagakiba weapon which i love! have upgraded it to +8 already. also got the dual blade thing the npc drops after invading.

i'm way too OP for this area.

The Volcano Manor stuff doesn’t affect any of the endings or NPC’s questlines outside of the manor from what I’ve gathered.

V4skunk

Banned
Haven't found the Mimic yet. I just beat Raya Lucaria around 60 hours in. Still cleaning up Liurnia and about to move north towards the manor.

I'll mess around with Lhutel. Found some Avionette Soldier ashes in the Academy and heard they were good. Anyone confirm?

Not sure how I feel about summons yet as I've barely used them. Might prove useful though and I don't want to miss out on a big mechanic of the game.
60 hours in at Lucaria is based. I also do blind run first playthrough but search for everything.

Top Bottom