• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

No I don't think that's the one I'm referencing. No I'm sure it's in the lower part between the crabs and archers. There are 2 portals that transport you just a bit and I found a third one that took me to a crawling giant dude with dragon in its name. I noped out att and now I can't find that portal anymore. Feel like I'm going crazy lol.
oh, i get you now :messenger_tears_of_joy: i totally forgot i used a portal to get to that area. my bad.

the portal you're looking for is south of the worshipper's woods site of grace or slightly east of the ladder you climb to reach the merchant.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
oh, i get you now :messenger_tears_of_joy: i totally forgot i used a portal to get to that area. my bad.

the portal you're looking for is south of the worshipper's woods site of grace or slightly east of the ladder you climb to reach the merchant.

Haha no worries man, I wasn't very clear in my description lol!

I see, thanks! Must've routinely evaded that particular spot or something smh. Thanks again!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
He could also mean the Dragonkin. There is a portal not far from the brazier shrine. I think its to the left of that place, at the edge.

Astel was incredibly tough for me, at level 70 ish. But I did do it. I felt he was a level 80-90 boss. His attacks however, just stay out of AoE range and most things won't hit you. The meteorites I could evade by rolling to a side while locked on. I think I threw dark flames or lightning spears at him, sometimes melee. That one slow swipe he does is rather harmless and punishable.

Actually this quest is one of the easier ones to follow without guide. I started it because I found her behind the manor, and then,

she tells you to go to a hidden entrance in mistwood or something, which I had already found so I knew it was Siofra. Then Blaidd tells you to go to seluvis, then they point you towards Radahn after which you're going to look for the crash site. This is all rather obvious.There is one thing I looked up lol, the coffin at the very end of the quest.

But the chest. I'm not sure but doesn't the key mention something like library?
Yeah, I think I figured it out thanks to the key's item description.

And I agree that it might be the easiest to follow. Hell, I think ot's one of the few quests I actually completed. :goog_relieved:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
N81wvYJ.jpg

😎

Cyberpunkd

I was trying to make the Great Stars work, but man - the slow speed on these weapons drives me insane, same goes for Golden Halberd, etc. So as not to run the whole game with a Long Sword I switched to Meteoric Ore Blade, but I need to put a bit in Int.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
i just wear whatever looks cool. you can't upgrade armor (i don't think so anyway) so really it doesn't matter too much. wear your cool shit while kicking ass.

Every edge you can get and all..

But I feel you. I'm constantly changing outfits #fashionsouls <3

Mossybrew

Completed rannis quest. Genuine question. Loving the game and all but in all honesty, how the hell am I supposed to do these quests without googling? I got to the final boss, the floating magical caterpillar skull guy and was shown a wall that I'm missing some ring. How can I know this ring even existed if it wasn't for internet.
I looked at Polygon's guide to Ranni's questline every step of the way, no shame in googling the hell out of anything in this game.

jaysius

Banned
I heard that From is soon releasing a 60fps patch for current gen consoles(PS5/Series S|X). It'll be released around afternoon today.

April fools.

Seriously though when the fuck is it coming? I'm loving the game, but I know it can run better than this, they haven't even provided a lie date for the optimization patch yet.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Completed rannis quest. Genuine question. Loving the game and all but in all honesty, how the hell am I supposed to do these quests without googling? I got to the final boss, the floating magical caterpillar skull guy and was shown a wall that I'm missing some ring. How can I know this ring even existed if it wasn't for internet.
Think about it this way - in the past game manuals were a 100 pages printed book that gave you all the lore details. Nowadays you have in-game tutorials.

SCB3

Pretty much locked out of the rest of the endings now unless I do NG+, whcih I don't wanna do yet in case there is DLC (Hi Bloodborne for doing that to me last time!)

So my final stats

All Bosses, basically 100% aside from Endings:

Game time
FPRL_kNXIAUZJI8

Stats:
FPRMl4yWYBAMN5L

Weapons:

FPRMspnWYA4gyFw

Easily my GotY, its gonna take something really special to beat this, even God of War Ragnorok is gonna have to do something big

SJRB

Gold Member
I want to respec because I've been running around with the Bloodhound's Fang for like 70 hours now.

Is Eleonora's Poleblade a good weapon?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Pretty much locked out of the rest of the endings now unless I do NG+, whcih I don't wanna do yet in case there is DLC (Hi Bloodborne for doing that to me last time!)

So my final stats

Game time
FPRL_kNXIAUZJI8

Stats:
FPRMl4yWYBAMN5L

Weapons:

FPRMspnWYA4gyFw

Easily my GotY, its gonna take something really special to beat this, even God of War Ragnorok is gonna have to do something big
Beating the game has taken you 100 hours less than me, what the fuck. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Did you used any guides or skipped anything?

TintoConCasera

Nope, only guides I used really were for questlines or checking if I missed anything in an area
Guess everyone has their own pace when playing games. That said, props to you man.

GermanZepp

So my final stats

Game time
FPRL_kNXIAUZJI8

Stats:
FPRMl4yWYBAMN5L

Weapons:

FPRMspnWYA4gyFw

How!? it feels like you rushed through. Im rocking a 19+ cold uchi too ( and a +7 moonveil)

Rex_DX

Gold Member

So my final stats

Game time
FPRL_kNXIAUZJI8

Stats:
FPRMl4yWYBAMN5L

Weapons:

FPRMspnWYA4gyFw

I've been playing two hours longer than you and haven't left Liurnia yet ...

Edit - I've played only 62 hours but it's still pretty funny 😆

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Alright guys, trying to decide what to do…should I go ahead kill the Fire Giant so I can unlock Crumbling to get access to highest tier smithing stones, but not kill the boss to avoid burning the capital OR clean up other areas and save it for last. There is still a lot to do although, and I’d love to experiment with various weapons. What do you think? I won’t kill the final boss at Crumbling until the very end.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Alright guys, trying to decide what to do…should I go ahead kill the Fire Giant so I can unlock Crumbling to get access to highest tier smithing stones, but not kill the boss to avoid burning the capital OR clean up other areas and save it for last. There is still a lot to do although, and I’d love to experiment.
Unlock Crumbling first and then clean up and explore Crumbling. After that you can beat the boss there and continue on.

Needlecrash

Godrick is down. Died twice. Wasn't too bad honestly. Between both PC &PS5 versions, I've got a total of over 80 hours or so, level 55.

ebevan91

I've been trying to beat Rennala all day. I've come so close a couple times but the fucking controls screwed me up both times. Spammed Rock Sling on her and it was doing massive damage each time but then I ran out of FP, used a potion, used it all up again, and then instead of switching to my axe to finish her off I accidentally switched potions instead and was wondering why my axe wasn't working. I still had the staff out. Literally one swing would've taken her out. And if it's not the controls beating me it's those damn spells that kill me in 1 hit. First phase is pretty easy to do but it's really annoying and so is that long ass run from the grace point.

zkorejo

Got Meteor Blade to +9, mimic to +10, this is fun!
I think in terms of best katanas. Meteor blade doesn't get the love it deserves. It is lightning fast and does a ton of damage even at +6. It's faster than Uchi and Moonveil. I dual wield it as left armament and I usually start attacking with left attacks because of how fast it is.

Cyberpunkd

I think in terms of best katanas. Meteor blade doesn't get the love it deserves. It is lightning fast and does a ton of damage even at +6. It's faster than Uchi and Moonveil. I dual wield it as left armament and I usually start attacking with left attacks because of how fast it is.
I am thinking of dual wielding since I get the impression every enemy breaks my block in 2-3 hits.

zkorejo

I am thinking of dual wielding since I get the impression every enemy breaks my block in 2-3 hits.
I have been dual wielding ever since I got the second katana (meteore) with Uchi as right armament. Rolling attack (O + L1) with these two katanas does a ton of damage and usually dodges whatever enemy is throwing at you. Running attack with l1 also does two lightning attacks. Doing two more left light attacks then causes blood loss to enemies doing ton of damage.

I only use bow, shield or staffs when my formula isn't working on some enemies.

Replaced Uchi with Moonveil for magic attack. Since my build is dex/int.

Last edited:
I just lost a few hours worth of my game time which included several catacombs, mines and dungeon bosses. Game randomly crashed taking the PS5 down with it when fighting a dragon and when it came back all the progress I had made since yesterday was gone. From should rethink their autosave feature for this game and allow manual multisave feature. I've read that many have lost their entire progress due to game crashes.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I don't know if this was shared anywhere, but I've discovered a way to get into Leyndell almost immediately.

From Limgrave, head south to the Weeping Peninsula and make your way to the Tower of Return in the west. Use the trap chest to warp to the Divine Bridge point of grace in Leyndell.

Normally you would be stuck without much to do except get a talisman and warp away, however if you can manage to get invaded here, the invader often spawns at the bottom of the elevator and can activate it to bring it up. Once this happens you can travel into Leyndell as you wish.

This is much easier to accomplish with the Taunter's Tongue, but that will require a trip to roundtable and beating Alberich if you don't have a friend to summon and trigger invasions.

Freeman76

Wow Maliketh suuucked. Took me about 15 attempts. Shit definitely getting harder towards the end here.

Firstly, I'm not too good at this game, it takes me ages to get through alive. Maliketh was ruining me, until I tried him solo when I killed him first time. I was surprised how much easier this game is when you dont summon, and use spirits instead. I killed the Haligtree boss first time like this as well.

tassletine

Finally finished it. Excellent game but the boss fights need a lot of work, or some major rebalancing.

Most of the bosses I found pretty easy being a souls veteran but a couple completely slayed me. I've only beaten a boss the first time, a handful of times in a Souls games, but here it happened more often that not.

The main problem I have, is that as a souls nut, a lot of the bosses I've seen before, or at least their movesets before, so they didn't seem special or provide much of a challenge.
I was disappointed with most of them, except when they looked cool, like the Snake God. But then I was thinking, if you'd never played a souls game I think they would appear fresher, but they would probably just overwhelm you with their sheer number and how difficult they are.

It's quite an exhausting game, a multitude of riches, but I think the open world formula shows the cracks in From's formula -- The bosses just don't have that much to offer in terms of gameplay, especially when there are so many of them. By the end it's a bit dull and can be highly irritating. It's made for people who live video games, and want a true escape from their lives, certainly not anyone who just wants a break from work.

Most of From's games suffer from a weak / unfinished end game and this is no exception. It's a superb game and probably game of the year but Bloodborne is still king.

i'm level 81 now. 62 hours in. got my uchigatana to +18. still switching between that and my bloodhound fang because the bloodhound fang is dealing way more damage. i found a dagger i like (wakizashi) so have been levelling that up and switching out my shield to use that in my left hand while using the uchigatana in my right. i have got to deeproot depths + lake of rot but not sure i should be there yet. have explored some of dragonbarrow but i'll come back to that later. i should really head to altus! i got both parts of the medallion now. i've progressed the ranni quest to the point i unlocked the chest in the academy.

also went to the inverted carian study hall. fought fatty on the bridge and found an item but i don't know what to do with it. the rememberances i got from fighting bosses i sold to level up. i'm not really interested in ushing their gear so it's no use to me.

my character looked like this for a bit:

F6ixmZ5.jpg

but now looks like this:

RJY7EPY.jpg

X8FI2Vk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom