• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Gordon Freeman

Gold Member
82-EA9906-A700-491-D-942-E-125-D376-E7507.jpg

EA8-E14-F6-7338-4-DA3-B3-B5-93-DEE5-FA6-E8-F.jpg

Haven't found the Mimic yet. I just beat Raya Lucaria around 60 hours in. Still cleaning up Liurnia and about to move north towards the manor.

I'll mess around with Lhutel. Found some Avionette Soldier ashes in the Academy and heard they were good. Anyone confirm?

Not sure how I feel about summons yet as I've barely used them. Might prove useful though and I don't want to miss out on a big mechanic of the game.
Dunno about the avionette soldier, never tried it.

But absolutely don't hesitate to use summons. They're a big help both during boss fights and at critical points during exploring when your summon can take some heat off your back from annoying mobspam. And tbh, I fully believe boss fights are designed with summons in mind. They can be the difference between frustration and an enjoyable time.

The_hunter

Beat Malenia, took me around 15 tries. Once you memorize her pattern it's easy.

I used abdul's frostblade, bloodhound step, and dragon knight Kristoff

Last edited:
While exploring the sewers of the capital, I ended up...

completing the ritual at the Frenzied Flame Proscription, and it seems like Melina hates me now. Scene was cool and I've been playing as a faith build, using a lot of the frenzied flame spells. But Milicent's quest, along with Hyetta's, is another one I decided to focus on (because they seem to be more related to my character) and I've read somewhere that it will be possible to revert the FF ritual after that one.

My question is: should I bother about pursuing the "good" end? I mean, is it just the end sequence or will I miss something relevant in terms of areas/cool things to do before that? I can always watch the other endings on YT, so my feeling is that I shouldn't care, but this game is full of mysteries and I know you can miss whole areas and bosses if you don't follow a certain path.

hlm666

completing the ritual at the Frenzied Flame Proscription, and it seems like Melina hates me now. Scene was cool and I've been playing as a faith build, using a lot of the frenzied flame spells. But Milicent's quest, along with Hyetta's, is another one I decided to focus on (because they seem to be more related to my character) and I've read somewhere that it will be possible to revert the FF ritual after that one.

My question is: should I bother about pursuing the "good" end? I mean, is it just the end sequence or will I miss something relevant in terms of areas/cool things to do before that? I can always watch the other endings on YT, so my feeling is that I shouldn't care, but this game is full of mysteries and I know you can miss whole areas and bosses if you don't follow a certain path.
Shouldn't lock you out of content/areas other endings don't. It can lock you out of being able to select the other endings if you have done their prerequisites. I think you miss a dialog with her at a certain grace later but you will go to that grace whatever you do anyway. So yeh go with it if you want don't worry about locking yourself out of anything. Could end up with some interesting consequences in DLC if we get any that progress after the ending though ;)

SJRB

Gold Member
Pro-tip if you're using mimic ashes summon: the mimic will use any weapon buffing item you have equipped in your quickslot menu, so make sure you have a couple of them in there even if you don't plan on using them yourself.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Pro-tip if you're using mimic ashes summon: the mimic will use any weapon buffing item you have equipped in your quickslot menu, so make sure you have a couple of them in there even if you don't plan on using them yourself.

Not always a good ideia. For example, my mimic used seal to buff me and himself, but end up punching the boss instead of change back for sword.

So lore wise it looks like

the citizens of Eternal Cities were working to either make a new Elden Lord or working with Ranni to slay the demigods serving the Greater Will. Interesting is Astrel is seen as a punishment - perhaps action of the Greater Will?
Love the fact that a**** is a malborne fallen star or whatever. Gives perspective to the whole starscourge Radhan being able to hold and crush entire constelation of 'stars'.

My girl Latenna is a +10 great ash now. Plop her down somewhere far from the action in a boss arena and watch her become my personal artillery strike while the boss fully aggro on me with the medallion. Mgs v vibes.
i've been using wolves + jellyfish most of the game but used Latenna first time fighting a dragon in caelid. i was getting my ass kicked and put her on top of a cliff. she was a huge help. if i needed to heal i'd just stop attacking to let her attract the dragons attention and then i'd jump back in. rinse and repeat. she didn't get damaged at all because the dragon couldn't touch her.

now i will use her any chance i get. definitely one of my fav ashes now. can't remember how much i've upgraded her but if i see i can then i will.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyberpunkd

Love the fact that a**** is a malborne fallen star or whatever. Gives perspective to the whole starscourge Radhan being able to hold and crush entire constelation of 'stars'.
Love Radahn as a character, one of From's best.
i've been using wolves + jellyfish most of the game but used Latenna first time fighting a dragon in caelid. i was getting my ass kicked and put her on top of a cliff. she was a huge help. if i needed to heal i'd just stop attacking to let her attract the dragons attention and then i'd jump back in. rinse and repeat. she didn't get damaged at all because the dragon couldn't touch her.

now i will use her any chance i get. definitely one of my fav ashes now. can't remember how much i've upgraded her but if i see i can then i will.
Need to check it out - does anyone knows if the special ashes are limited going to +10 like the special weapons are (there are only 8 somber stones +10 per playthrough)?

SCB3

Another one is that Mimic Tear cannot be overweight or over encumbered, so put on year best armor or give it a heavy hitting weapon as well, summon it and change your stuff back

CZY

Wretch; discarded Club at opening.

Can only use gear found in the world.

Only Shield & Torch for hours

Later only shield & dagger

Hours of naked madman with a dagger, farming, exploring. Underpowered af for 90% of it. I was playing it like Snowrunner tbh, accomplish the simplest, littlest things possible and go from there.

Twelve hours later we’re twinblades +5, flail +2, dagger +1, Vigor 23, Dex 18, and I fucking love it.

This is maybe the best game I’ve ever played.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Wretch; discarded Club at opening.

Can only use gear found in the world.

Only Shield & Torch for hours

Later only shield & dagger

Hours of naked madman with a dagger, farming, exploring. Underpowered af for 90% of it. I was playing it like Snowrunner tbh, accomplish the simplest, littlest things possible and go from there.

Twelve hours later we’re twinblades +5, flail +2, dagger +1, Vigor 23, Dex 18, and I fucking love it.

This is maybe the best game I’ve ever played.

I kind of want to do a spiked caestus with helmet only run, like some Roman gladiator

CZY

I kind of want to do a spiked caestus with helmet only run, like some Roman gladiator
I think the key to what I’m experiencing is to simply do literally exactly what you want and only that, and take it extremely seriously. No damage. No deaths (within reason). RPG the *fuck* out of it.

When I was weak I farmed plants, goats, runes. Endlessly. I built and built and took to the game as I felt ready.

I’m being a huge nerd but honestly it’s fucking incredible. I’m only not playing now because sleep is necessary.

Love Radahn as a character, one of From's best.

Need to check it out - does anyone knows if the special ashes are limited going to +10 like the special weapons are (there are only 8 somber stones +10 per playthrough)?
Yeah special ashes go up to +10. I found like 5 +10 gloveworts but I dunno how many are there.

i think i've finished altus plateau. the big ass dragon i found earlier came back. i died to it but when i went back it didn't appear again. oh well i'm not complaining! that dragon was coolest fucking dragon i've ever seen in a game. 4 winged and wields red lightning! insane :)

now i need to decide where to go next. leyndell looks like the obvious choice but maybe i should go to mt gelnir or go do deeprot depths/lake of rot. i'm lvl 88 now. i'm loving the nagakiba weapon but it's hard to fine stones to upgrade it. i'm stuck at +8 because i need 6x smithing stone [3].

i know i still have a way to go but after almost 70 hours i am starting to feel like i'm getting towards the end of the game. maybe i'm wrong but looking at the map it seems like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I have been running around the snow region where you lift the secret medallion. I found the large lady in the church and finished that quest line. The spirit lady with the wolf said she is my ride or die. There is a cave there that looks like a real pain to do. But I haven't investigated. Then there is the town with an evergol and I haven't decided if I want to do it yet.

I've been having a blast with this game.

Having said that, FUCK whoever came up with this idea. Fuck whoever coded those branches. And fuck whoever thought it would be cool not giving me even a lousy statue and forcing me to go through this bullshit broken platforming every single time.
Ly9jbfQ.jpg

Seriously I've died less to most bosses in this game. Fuck this.

hollams

Gold Member
i think i've finished altus plateau. the big ass dragon i found earlier came back. i died to it but when i went back it didn't appear again. oh well i'm not complaining! that dragon was coolest fucking dragon i've ever seen in a game. 4 winged and wields red lightning! insane :)

now i need to decide where to go next. leyndell looks like the obvious choice but maybe i should go to mt gelnir or go do deeprot depths/lake of rot. i'm lvl 88 now. i'm loving the nagakiba weapon but it's hard to fine stones to upgrade it. i'm stuck at +8 because i need 6x smithing stone [3].

i know i still have a way to go but after almost 70 hours i am starting to feel like i'm getting towards the end of the game. maybe i'm wrong but looking at the map it seems like it.
It maybe the same dragon I fought. I had the same thing happen where he killed me and then I respawned and he didn't show back up so I went and passed time to the morning and then he showed up and I killed him.

Pejo

My girl Latenna is a +10 great ash now. Plop her down somewhere far from the action in a boss arena and watch her become my personal artillery strike while the boss fully aggro on me with the medallion. Mgs v vibes.
Did you know she can ride a wolf if there's one in the immediate area? This video has mods, but the wolf riding thing is legit in the game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

I took on Gelmir before I did the capital. Felt nice enough.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Yes, because you can get all endings in a single playthrough as there is a site of grace that appears after you beat the final boss but before you pick an ending.

Now obviously when you set that ending (frenzied) you are locking out all others, but you can reverse it by doing Millicent's quest through to the end -with the correct final choice- , fighting the toughest side-boss in the game, and then getting into an optional boss's arena.

So its quite a lot of content aside from the endings, including a fight that might give you a lot of trouble on NG+.

As for the ending's themselves there are only really 3, just that the "normal" ending has a bunch of variations based on decisions you've made.

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

Great the magic scorpion talisman is locked into the selvius quest, and he's dead. Yet every other scorpion talisman is in the over world. Bullshit right there

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Is there a tip to get up more quickly after being knocked down? I get knocked down too damn much and have to hear the scream over and over. Fucking annoying. It usually happens with those aggressive enemies that are super annoying and jump all over the place. Hate those enemies so much.

benno

and if you keep those yellow warm stone healing things in your quick slots mimics will use them to heal you and themselves.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
get ready for a superior game , enjoy the hunt

Alright I know this isn't the thread for this so I'll just leave it with this one post: this game is hype as fuck, I wish I had played it when it was new. Not only does the combat seem more streamlined and satisfying but the world and vibe are right up my alley. Gothic Victorian horror. I just need Bloody Tears playing when I get in boss fights (hell the whole Castlevania soundtrack) and I'd be good. Hooked.

mansoor1980

Alright I know this isn't the thread for this so I'll just leave it with this one post: this game is hype as fuck, I wish I had played it when it was new. Not only does the combat seem more streamlined and satisfying but the world and vibe are right up my alley. Gothic Victorian horror. I just need Bloody Tears playing when I get in boss fights (hell the whole Castlevania soundtrack) and I'd be good. Hooked.
enjoy the best soulsborne combat , excellent trick weapons and hitboxes in this game , the rally mechanic also encourages you to go toe to toe with enemies

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

The secrets become so sweetly.

Bloodborne has probably second best From character after Radahn:

Lady Maria

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Have fun mr burguer. If you are into more streamlined experiences (compared to Elden Ring) make sure to try Sekiro at some point too.

Top Bottom