• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

It's my opinion. The second half of DS1 has terrible areas like the Crystal Cave and the final dungeon to the boss. Those are hi-de-ous. And I think miyazaki agrees and he hasnt attempted to do it again. Bottomless pits, narrow pathways and invisible pathways aren't fun.
Badly placement of enemies and ganking groups aren't fun.
Enemies that can hit you even if their animation doesn't connect to you isn't fun.

Speaking of gank squads I'm getting sick of them in ER. There's more than ever in this game. Probably a result of the copy paste content too.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
1 has an AMAZING first half but the second half is really bad and unfinished, plus the game is super slow and methodic compared to ER.

The second half of the game??? Maybe the final quarter, second half begins at Anor Londo and includes Nito, Pinwheel, New Londo Ruins. All the fire stuff in the back end of the game, yeah, it's blatantly unfinished, but not the stuff before

Damn, fextralife don't even have info on the rags or waistwrap. Where'd you gett'em at? Only available in NG+?
Do the Corhyn and Goldmask questline. At the end you will get "mending rune of perfect order" from Goldmask's body, for one of the endings. Quit out after picking it up so you'll still be in front of his body, easier than fast traveling to grace and running back, when you reload you should now be able to grab his armor where the mending rune was as well.

I don't think I've seen a guide for the quest that mentions it, guess no one checked after world resetting. I reset to see if Corhyn would be there, but got that instead.

Last edited:

DanEON

I am 30h in and lvl 45, just finished exploring all of Limgrave. So I went east to Caelid, did a ride with Torrent on all the map, killed the dragon, got some seeds, but I cant explore the place because enemies are too strong. There was a tower where I got almost 1 hit kill by some normal soldiers, and my spells only did like 10% damage to them. So I wonder if should do Stormveil Castle and then go north first before exploring Caelid.

Last edited:

Keihart

Godrick down on first try with the help of the jelly summon, yeah i think that kermit was harder overall.

Also found a turtle shield with a skill that basically make me untouchable against normal mobs, lmao (barricade or some shit)
Godrick's moveset is dogshit challenge wise, the first enemy that kills you when the game starts has a way harder moveset to manuver around, i hate those multi limb pieces of shit.

Keihart

I am 30h in and lvl 45, just finished exploring all of Limgrave. So I went east to Caelid, did a ride with Torrent on all the map, killed the dragon, got some seeds, but I cant explore the place because enemies are too strong. There was a tower where I got almost 1 hit kill by some normal soldiers, and my spells only did like 10% damage to them. So I wonder if should do Stormveil Castle and then go north first before exploring Caelid.
Cleared the castle at lvl 39 and with a pretty non optimal build damage wise, so i think you are gucci unless you want to crush everything at the Stormveil Castle.

You can also do the Western side of the map, not sure if you've done that. There is a shit ton of stuff there. You basically go around Stormveil (the right side) and gain access to a massive area. Directions: The area outside Stormveil w/ the soldiers and the bolt gun, instead of going towards them, look for the dirt road that branches off the stone path, just follow it and you'll eventually reach a broken bridge but you can keep pressing forward.

DanEON

You can also do the Western side of the map, not sure if you've done that. There is a shit ton of stuff there. You basically go around Stormveil (the right side) and gain access to a massive area. Directions: The area outside Stormveil w/ the soldiers and the bolt gun, instead of going towards them, look for the dirt road that branches off the stone path, just follow it and you'll eventually reach a broken bridge but you can keep pressing forward.
No, I didnt go that direction yet. I think I will just do it and see how it goes.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I made it to the 3 sisters. defeated a dragon, joined Rannis service, but I have no idea what I should do. Maybe I need to go to the round table again, but I don't know. Or I guess I could go join wolf man underground.

I need to go farm some souls to and get my levels up.

Aesius

The verticality and switchbacks on the map make the world seem so much bigger. I'm 50 hours in I'm finding stuff I missed even in early game areas simply because I didn't see that I could go down a hill and loop around to a beach or field. Which then leads to another open area that contains a point of grace, a dungeon, a church, etc.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nah. Take DS3.
2 is a really bad game, with bad design decisions, bloated points distribution, terrible hitboxes, enemy design, dungeon, placement, you name it.
1 has an AMAZING first half but the second half is really bad and unfinished, plus the game is super slow and methodic compared to ER.
3 is the most complete feature and highest budget game, with the best gameplay of the 3.
Additionaly, you can always play Bloodborne.

2 was compromised but still legitimately great.

3 looks better but plays worse imho. Really do not know where you get "feature complete" from considering its massively stripped back compared to 2. Which is bigger, has far more build variety, mechanics, and actual imagination put into its locales. Not to mention it has actual meaningful endgame rewards and far more reasons to proceed beyond NG. NG+ in 3 is a joke, it may as well not exist. Same with the alleged multiple endings, all of which are Bioshock levels of anticlimax.

GermanZepp

I'm blown away by the, strength and magics builds i see here. i´m lvl 53 and my Astrologer looks pathetic and pretty much all enemies kick my ass if i get a little sloppy. Got to increase my 20 vigor points.

Ladioss

I'm currently lvl 53, looking for a way to storm the gates of Leyndell. What is the best XP farming spot at this stage of the game ?

Aesius

I'm blown away by the, strength and magics builds i see here. i´m lvl 53 and my Astrologer looks pathetic and pretty much all enemies kick my ass if i get a little sloppy. Got to increase my 20 vigor points.
First thing I do in all FromSoft games is put points into Vigor. I got mine to 40 very early on in this game. Now at level 75ish I'm starting to raise it again to 50.

GermanZepp

First thing I do in all FromSoft games is put points into Vigor. I got mine to 40 very early on in this game. Now at level 75ish I'm starting to raise it again to 50.
I ussually do the same. Allways go to the strength and dex build with plenty health and stamina. I read at the wiki that Vigor is soft-capped at 40, (returns diminish greatly after 40 points.)

Aesius

I ussually do the same. Allways go to the strength and dex build with plenty health and stamina. I read at the wiki that Vigor is soft-capped at 40, (returns diminish greatly after 40 points.)
It diminishes after 40 but not hugely. I also think that getting it to 50, plus various buffs, can make the difference in surviving mistakes during the more difficult boss fights.

Swift_Star

Banned
2 was compromised but still legitimately great.

3 looks better but plays worse imho. Really do not know where you get "feature complete" from considering its massively stripped back compared to 2. Which is bigger, has far more build variety, mechanics, and actual imagination put into its locales. Not to mention it has actual meaningful endgame rewards and far more reasons to proceed beyond NG. NG+ in 3 is a joke, it may as well not exist. Same with the alleged multiple endings, all of which are Bioshock levels of anticlimax.
Like I said, it's my opinion. I legitimately don't like DS2 from what I played. worst game of the series. I don't care about NG+ btw.

SkylineRKR

DS1 I would say is the best one, despite the weak endgame. I learned to love hating Lost Izalith etc. Bosses are shit tier though. Replay it, they're stupid. Lots of Stray Demon copies, Centipede was whatever, Gaping Dragon was retarded, Bed of Chaos was... well.. etc. Bosses became good with Artorias DLC. In base DS1 they're mostly lame.

DS2 is the least of the bunch, but I had most fun with builds, powerstance, PvP and burning effigies. It did some things incredibly well. Bad bosses in general, and the least interesting art direction. The areas lack some sort of atmosphere.

DS3 has the best gameplay, but nerfed lots of things because everything went Bloodborne agility. You couldn't enchant bows either, afaik. Covenants were eh. Boss design was awesome though.

Level 103 with a +18 brick hammer. (Kirkhammer in BB was my main)
Thing does over 600 damage.
That actually makes me feel great. I have a +8 halberd, level 45 and am close to 300 damage. It seems strong enough but wasn't sure if I was holding myself back. 27 Str/Dex. I also have a +8 Morningstar and that thing is a beast coupled with the talisman that increases your jump attacks. So satisfying, lol.

Cyberpunkd

I was curious is you had a way to do it without completing Stormveil, but of course you can, eh? Great design decision from FROM.

Keihart

That actually makes me feel great. I have a +8 halberd, level 45 and am close to 300 damage. It seems strong enough but wasn't sure if I was holding myself back. 27 Str/Dex. I also have a +8 Morningstar and that thing is a beast coupled with the talisman that increases your jump attacks. So satisfying, lol.
the special armaments, have way higher stats than the normal armaments.
I guess the idea is that the balance is around customization with the ashes of war.

Orbital2060

Just beat the
Magma Wyrm
Im loving the greatsword it drops, first Ive seen with requirements spread out over Str, Dex, and Faith. Reminds me of the Curved Dragon Greatsword from Dark Souls 2.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Right after I posted here, I fought it the 2nd time. Got wrecked with the horse. I'll try again later this week.
I fought a lot on the horse previous that fight and i had a long range halberd, maybe you just need to get a grip on horse combat yet.

The added mobility is a huge plus, being less precise is the trade off.

Doom85

On second playthrough, found the fanservice set.
FNUxMMwWQAARcrH

Working Super Troopers GIF

You don't need Vigor if you're wearing full heavy armor, using a 100% physical def shield, and can still roll to dodge lol.

Doom85

I made it to the 3 sisters. defeated a dragon, joined Rannis service, but I have no idea what I should do. Maybe I need to go to the round table again, but I don't know. Or I guess I could go join wolf man underground.

I need to go farm some souls to and get my levels up.

To advance Ranni’s quest, you should

follow where Wolf man says to go.

Also, there’s a boss in one area that fighting it would imply you fucked up her quest line except it doesn’t. It’s weird, even on Reddit nobody really follows the logic of it, but just don’t be worried if you fight this boss and think you shouldn’t have. It won’t affect the quest.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
To advance Ranni’s quest, you should

follow where Wolf man says to go.

Also, there’s a boss in one area that fighting it would imply you fucked up her quest line except it doesn’t. It’s weird, even on Reddit nobody really follows the logic of it, but just don’t be worried if you fight this boss and think you shouldn’t have. It won’t affect the quest.
I know she can give you a different ending, but I just want to be friends with the wolf man.

started from the bridge with the pumpkin guy near highroad cave and cleared the area from the summonwater village down to fort haight. eastwards i didn't go any further than the smoldering church.

now i've passed the bridge of sacrifice and ready to start that area. i'm lvl 36 now (was 30). started using the uchigatana and put the bloody slash ash of war on it. i started off as a vagabond but want to do a samurai kind of build like in sekiro. we'll see... and the bloody slash attack reminds me of lady maria in bloodborne!

once i clear this final area i will finally go face the first boss haha.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Finally hit the 100 mark... And I haven't even reached the capital yet. I got to the outskirts tho, and got to celebrate the 100 hour mark by beating Margit's ass once more.

I wonder how much more game I got left. Probably a lot. :')

9B6tq5N.jpg

I have 13 strenght..... the good cool looking massive shields are out of my league. odly enough small 100% physical shields do not protect me from some weird attacks.
Yeah I'm just barely good enough to dodge in these games. The shield is to help when I screw up haha and protect my low health.

Aesius

9B6tq5N.jpg

I have 13 strenght..... the good cool looking massive shields are out of my league. odly enough small 100% physical shields do not protect me from some weird attacks.
They probably aren't doing physical damage then. Also, the smaller shields are easily overpowered by strong attacks and you'll run out of stamina fast when blocking. The higher-level greatshields can hold up against almost anything, but you'll get take some damage from some attacks.

Help! I think I'm ready to play this. What platform should I get it for? PC with 3080, XSX or PS5?

Thanks <3
People say the best console version is the PS4 version on PS5.

I have no issues with a base PS4 but if you have a ps5, maybe go the ps4/ps5 route for the locked framerate, etc.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Help! I think I'm ready to play this. What platform should I get it for? PC with 3080, XSX or PS5?

Thanks <3
Been playing on a 3070 and it's been quite smooth so far, specially since the latest patches. I can almost play it on 4k/60 maxed out (dips into the 50s, so I play at 1440p instead), so you should be fine with a 3080.

How do I get PS4 version on PS5? Do I have to buy it digitally or on disc? Thanks!
I think if you buy it digitally you get both verions, you'd have to buy the PS4 digital copy though. Same thing probably applies for physical; I'd get the PS4 version.

Definitely google it though to confirm. I'm confident that PS4 on PS5 is best, based on Digital Foundry's research but I'm not 100% sure about the process to play it that way.

Top Bottom