• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
well I can always respec. Have about 6 larval tears now. We’ll see how it goes.

Objectively, you can make anything work, its just really that it seems to me then skill floor is pretty different depending on what approach you take.

Incantations have some insanely potent options early on for example, but the cast times are quite long on them. So they tend to do well against proper bosses, but against tough regular enemies its hard to get them off without eating an hit or two. And when so many enemies of that class can pretty much 1-2 shot you....

Maybe I'm missing something, but sorcery seems much better suited as an all-round pick.

I'd also point out that I think if you're looking to be a caster, you really ought to be putting points into all 3 magic aligned stats because so many spells demand a mix.

Bartski

Gold Member
Level up your character a bit so that they can take at least one hit at full HP. Additionally, try to mix your Flask of Wonderous Physick with the protective bubble tear that let's you get hit once with massively reduced damage negation.

Some tips:
  • Don't use the lock on camera. It'll spazz out on such a huge boss and get you killed. This is especially true for such a narrow area.
  • Immediately get in close and hug one of the boss' sides. I mean literally cling to the side. Creating distance between the player and this boss is one of the worst things you can do - a lot of its attacks will close gaps quickly and hone in on you. Thankfully, its turn radius is shit.
  • Just spam jump attacks and charged R2s while hugging the side. If you want to play it safe, wait till after the boss attacks, dodge-roll if you need to, and whittle away. With any luck, you'll open up the boss to a critical.
  • At around half health, the boss will start glowing. Get the hell out of there - an AOE will come pretty soon. This is good moment to pop the Flask of Wonderous Physick if you haven't already done so. Afterwards, immediately run back to one of the sides of the boss. Rinse and repeat.
also, if you're lucky enough and break his posture while he's charging up the AOE (risky move...) interrupting it and doing the crit - he glitches out, AI switches off and he stops attacking.

Bartski

Gold Member
so I was wandering around at the edge of the map and fell down some cliffs edge using Cotton and theres.... a fucking entire village of those little pot dudes just chilling the fuck out. It's called Jar Burg.

This game man. So much hidden stuff you can miss even after 2 full runs.
where is this???

Fools idol

Banned
where is this???

From Gate Town Bridge, go north east until you reach the edge of the cliff just before Carian Study Hall. Look downward to the east to find platforms you can fall safely down on, and continue to jump down onto these platforms until you reach the bottom. The Jarburg Site of Grace will be just to the right of where you land, near the biggest wooden building.

Last edited:

Doom85

Gold Member
From Gate Town Bridge, go north east until you reach the edge of the cliff just before Carian Study Hall. Look downward to the east to find platforms you can fall safely down on, and continue to jump down onto these platforms until you reach the bottom. The Jarburg Site of Grace will be just to the right of where you land, near the biggest wooden building.

Yup, found about it on the Gameranx video. Not that much to do there but still a cute little discovery.

SCB3

Found a nice Rune Grinding sport at the Beast Sanctum, you can gain a good 15k runes in a cycle, rest and repeat, good for buying Smithing Stones to try some new weapons for me

near

Gold Member
Holy fucking shit

Malenia, Blade of Miquella!!!!!

how the hell do you beat this bitch? she is lightning fast, heals herself with a lifestealing blade, and I just cant fell her after like 20+ attempts.

May be the first Miyazaki boss I will never beat without cheese. Absolutely fucking brutal, I can't imagine how hard this fight must be for squishy / magic / caster builds

Took me 3 days to beat this boss. Easily the hardest boss I've faced in this game. But dont give up! I ended up finding a talisman just before the boss room on the second floor where those centipedes are, that changed everything, I think it was intended for this boss, look for it. The strat I used involved the spirit ash mimic, I kept warming stones in my quick select so it would drop them and heal itself, I dual wielded my sword before I summoned then equipped a shield in my left hand for myself with the barricade skill, this was the only way I could survive that ultimate attack she has. You want to stun lock her as much as possible so when your mimic is attacking you should be too. I also used an item called the regal omen bairn in her second phase when she turns into a flower then blossoms. It's not easy but you just have to find the tools that work for you.

Bartski

Gold Member
Holy fucking shit

Malenia, Blade of Miquella!!!!!​

how the hell do you beat this bitch? she is lightning fast, heals herself with a lifestealing blade, and I just cant fell her after like 20+ attempts.

May be the first Miyazaki boss I will never beat without cheese. Absolutely fucking brutal, I can't imagine how hard this fight must be for squishy / magic / caster builds
She's very low on poise. Poise breaker spirit ash (Rollo ftw) + stun-lock spells like Swarm of Flies + Frost Stomp spam, I just winged it. I plan to do it properly in NG+, some good strat videos on youtube on this already.
The "cloud passage" 3 phase combo she does at around 60% health is instakill and very hard to dodge if you're too close but there is a way.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Seriously fuck those prawns in that crystal cave spamming those homing projectiles attacks.
Lost all my runes there and on the 2nd and 3rd run the boss kicked my ass with ease. 1 tap and it's all over. Not even my spirit summons stood a chance.

Then I got my ass kicked at Redmane Castle. Just not a good night for me on this game.

🤬
Try to get the shortcut ladder. Makes easier

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
how did you get to the volcano manor ?
There's three ways. One is nice as is mentioned above where you just get teleported there, another is via doing something at the bottom of the water wheel at Raya Lucaria which takes you to a new area which a little bit of a pain with a boss but doable, the third is basically by walking there and just running past a specific boss because that bastard can one shot you (at your likely level) and is aggressive as all get out.

Draugoth

Gold Member
u7vjnx5qksm81.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Anyone else getting the itch of replaying the previous games? I might jump into DS3 after this, specially since I've never touched the DLCs.

What system and version are you guys playing on?
PC. Had like 3 crashes on 120 hours. Aside from that, pretty smooth experience.

Cyberpunkd

Holy fucking shit

Malenia, Blade of Miquella!!!!!

Who is going to tell him that
she has two phases and the second one starts when you drop her HP to 0?

:messenger_winking_tongue:

Chiggs

Gold Member
how did you get to the volcano manor ?

Turn back from the broken bridge, and on the right hand side there's a Metal Gear Solid 3-sized ladder. Climb it and keep climbing.

Area is pretty rough, with three mini-bosses thrown in for extra fun.

Anyone else getting the itch of replaying the previous games? I might jump into DS3 after this, specially since I've never touched the DLCs.

PC. Had like 3 crashes on 120 hours. Aside from that, pretty smooth experience.
i am. i want to go back to Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2/3 and see what i think of them now. Elden Ring's open world has been amazing. I am curious if the linear semi open world of previous games can hold up.

i bought the DS3 dlc but never got around to it. I'm definitely replaying it once i get through Elden Ring which won't be any time soon. I think I have many hours left to go....i'd probably say about 50-60 hours easily and i'm already 20 hours or so in. My longest From Software game was Sekiro at just under 50 hours.

Bragr

Banned
I have three questions, I hate to ask stuff like this, I wanna find it myself, but I am starting to get tired.

- I can't for the life of me find sombering smithing stones, I spent hours looking for it. Is this randomly found or what? I found a mine that has normal smithing stone [5] but that's about it.

- I got a bunch of larvae that I can apparently give to Rennnala to reset my skill points? I'm currently trying to fight Morgot (?) the Omen King in the capital, and I just got to the underground magic city, can I see her or is this some late-game stuff? cause I've been looking and she doesn't seem to be anywhere.

- I just about had it with grinding, when I need to level up I do the 1000 XP imps all the way up in the north part of Caledonia (?), but it takes me about 20 minutes to gain a level now, it's hurting the game for me, is there some grinding area i have missed or what.

Mossybrew

- I can't for the life of me find sombering smithing stones, I spent hours looking for it. Is this randomly found or what? I found a mine that has normal smithing stone [5] but that's about it.

Try Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel if you haven't already, there's a few in there.

Cyberpunkd

- I got a bunch of larvae that I can apparently give to Rennnala to reset my skill points? I'm currently trying to fight Morgot (?) the Omen King in the capital, and I just got to the underground magic city, can I see her or is this some late-game stuff? cause I've been looking and she doesn't seem to be anywhere.
second legacy dungeon boss

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I have tried Rodahn for about 3 hours......close but no dice. If I can't get him tonight it is a week break because of vacation. I did go add a few levels to my character, still lost.

Swift_Star

Banned
i am. i want to go back to Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2/3 and see what i think of them now. Elden Ring's open world has been amazing. I am curious if the linear semi open world of previous games can hold up.

i bought the DS3 dlc but never got around to it. I'm definitely replaying it once i get through Elden Ring which won't be any time soon. I think I have many hours left to go....i'd probably say about 50-60 hours easily and i'm already 20 hours or so in. My longest From Software game was Sekiro at just under 50 hours.
A well designed linear game is always superior to a open world game, in my opinion. Open world always have copy pasted repetitive content and ER is not any different in this aspect.
I've made it to the last zone in the game I believe, pretty much cleared everything possible.

XmksFOL.jpg
5nf1W4T.jpg

I don't fat roll either hoe
This look sick, I might respec and focus solely on str just like you I think. RN I got some points in fth and mnd.

Swift_Star

Banned
I have tried Rodahn for about 3 hours......close but no dice. If I can't get him tonight it is a week break because of vacation. I did go add a few levels to my character, still lost.
Do these:
While trying to approach him and summoning, make sure you’re always behind the swords, his arrow doesn’t pass them.
Do the same while going to the sides to summon more people. When the summoned folks get to him, say glued to him.
Hug him and hit him, this way you’ll avoid his magic attacks. When he disappears, make sure you’re full in hp. When he reapperars, heal yourself, try to summon anyone that is close to you, then keep hugging and hitting him. This made the fight way easier to me.

easiest way to farm rune arcs IMO is to coop help with the mimic tear boss fight

I'm level 95 and it still lets me help others with it, so the level cap for it is very high
the boss fight is very easy
you can get to the boss very quickly

Finally beat Radahn and now I have his armor. Sweet.

I was kind of worried if I wasn't leveling up fast enough, but once you start exploring the tougher areas the game is pretty generous with runes. My level went up a lot just by exploring Caelid.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Gelmir Hero's Grave is the biggest piece of shit dungeon I have ever seen. What a shithole.
All of those mechanical wheel of death dungeons are so stressful lol. One with lava...one with multiple wheels of death converging at one point.

Then you get to the bottom and they throw two Crucible Knights at you.

I Hate You Asian GIF by ABC Network

Good times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom