• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Do these:
While trying to approach him and summoning, make sure you’re always behind the swords, his arrow doesn’t pass them.
Do the same while going to the sides to summon more people. When the summoned folks get to him, say glued to him.
Hug him and hit him, this way you’ll avoid his magic attacks. When he disappears, make sure you’re full in hp. When he reapperars, heal yourself, try to summon anyone that is close to you, then keep hugging and hitting him. This made the fight way easier to me.
YA I have tried it, but He always seems to scoot away and get in a shot that just knocks me out. I watched a wretch level 1 beat him just so I could fee more inadequate.

R6Rider

Gold Member
YA I have tried it, but He always seems to scoot away and get in a shot that just knocks me out. I watched a wretch level 1 beat him just so I could fee more inadequate.
What level are you? I think I was around level 75 and it was still mostly RNG with what moves he uses.

He's also optional so you can come back later too.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
One of the first areas I wandered into … oof bad start
I "found" it as a low level wretch with just some exiled greaves, godrick soldier gloves and thankfully a Lordsworn greats word.
I noped out of the cave, explored the local area a bit and went back to Limgrave on foot, finding the great sword and other good stuff along the way. Those big headed beasts are insane, and those dragons...

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
On to ng++! Just need to finish it one more time and I will have the full 1000/1000. God I love this game.

CUAwZks.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That Morgot bossfight at Leyndell has probably been the only time the game has disappointed me so far. Still a cool fight, but also kind of a let down... The other demigods were cooler and, well... This one reuses Margit's model, wtf?

Majmun

Wow at Fire Giant fight

It took me countless times to beat him…and I’m at lvl 140 (mainly vigor) with mimic +10

I don’t think I could’ve beat him without mimic.

I can't wait to get some Elden Ring in this weekend

work has been crazy so I haven't been able to play much at all this week

crazy I'm level 95 and have used the uchi katanas the entire time. I'm tempted to try other weapons but the katanas move set is just too damn good.

anyone find any other great dex weapons? maybe I'll mix it up for a little.

MastAndo

Approaching the end of the main story now (I think), and these bosses are just insane. Lord knows I tried, but I doubt I would be able to get through this without my Mimic. It's my first Souls game though, so maybe the skills to solo these more challenging encounters will come in time. Still, pretty pleased that I stuck with this one after having my doubts based on how things went with other Souls games.

I can't wait to get some Elden Ring in this weekend

work has been crazy so I haven't been able to play much at all this week

crazy I'm level 95 and have used the uchi katanas the entire time. I'm tempted to try other weapons but the katanas move set is just too damn good.

anyone find any other great dex weapons? maybe I'll mix it up for a little.
I've been using a Bloodhound's Fang since I found it early on. I can't get rid of the thing, as much as I tried to use other weapons on my quality build. It seems to be the perfect middle ground between damage output and responsiveness and bleed is too good in this game to ignore. I've started dual wielding with another bleed weapon (Dismounter with blood ashes of war or Morgott's Cursed Sword) and it's been money.

I've been using a Bloodhound's Fang since I found it early on. I can't get rid of the thing, as much as I tried to use other weapons on my quality build. It seems to be the perfect middle ground between damage output and responsiveness and bleed is too good in this game to ignore. I've started dual wielding with another bleed weapon (Dismounter with blood ashes of war or Morgott's Cursed Sword) and it's been money.
I dual wield uchis which both have bleed.

on top of that I use the blood grease on my sword, which increases bleed

then I have my mimic tear which is dual wielding uchis

and mimic tear uses whatever items you have equipped, so he puts on the blood grease on his sword too

shit gets bonkers

MastAndo

I dual wield uchis which both have bleed.

on top of that I use the blood grease on my sword, which increases bleed

then I have my mimic tear which is dual wielding uchis

and mimic tear uses whatever items you have equipped, so he puts on the blood grease on his sword too

shit gets bonkers
If you want to get even crazier, try the Seppuku ashes of war. I have it, but haven't messed around with it, though I hear it's basically broken.

SJRB

Gold Member
Man, the scale of this game is unreal.

First you reach Liurnia and you think "wow, this game is big". Then you reach Altus Plateau and you're like "holy crap this must be endgame" and then you reach Mt Gelmir and you think "no THIS is endgame" and then you find fucking Leyndell and you're like "WTF".

Absolutely crazy.

Cyberpunkd

Man, the scale of this game is unreal.

First you reach Liurnia and you think "wow, this game is big". Then you reach Altus Plateau and you're like "holy crap this must be endgame" and then you reach Mt Gelmir and you think "no THIS is endgame" and then you find fucking Leyndell and you're like "WTF".

Absolutely crazy.
And the best thing is constant:

That castle on the horizon looks dope

3 hours later - wait, you can go inside?!?

imsosleepy

Was about to respec, but panicked and ran away. I have 4 of the items needed, but I feel like they're precious, and I'm still not quite sure if I really need to change anything about my "quality" build.

I'm loving dual-wielding bleed weapons, with a blood Dismounter and a Bloodhound's Fang...but I recently acquired
Morgott's Cursed Sword
, and it looks pretty sweet and all but requires 17 Arcane, of which I still have the base 7 as a Vagabond. Not sure it's worth to respec just to use a weapon when I have something that does the job similarly. Hmmm, decisions decisions.
also go for Leonara poleblade or whatever its called. its a quest

Greyll randomly decided to lower it's I.Q. and jump to it's death this time, out of the hundred times I've crossed the bridge just to go elsewhere(not to fight it). It felt like winning a lottery of 96,000 souls.

If you want to get even crazier, try the Seppuku ashes of war. I have it, but haven't messed around with it, though I hear it's basically broken.
I've heard the same but I really like unsheathe

I'm trying to wrap my head around whether it is possible to have Seppuku on one sword but have it apply somehow to both weapons

unless I'm missing something, I think to get the Seppuku buff on both swords I would need to:
1. duplicate the Seppuku ash
2. appy ash to both weapons
3. L2 to use the skill on right handed sword
4. 2hand the left hand sword so it is in both hands, then L2 again to have it apply to left handed sword
5. go back to dual wielding

I might test it out, but I'm not sure I'm willing to lose unsheathe

Is anyone else feeling like it's just copy and pasted Dark Souls all over again?

Having to constantly Google search stuff, constantly needing to run around and spam the pickup button on everything.

The open world aspect just spreads everything really far apart and makes it a drag finding stuff.

There were some fun encounters here and there, and some aspects of souls games have been proved, but for the most part just kind of drags itself out constantly having to memorize all the new enemies you enivtiabley die to, farming for souls to level up.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Just keep trying and avoid summoning other players as they boost his health.

Abuse your horse, let the summons do as much as they can and don't get too greedy. Always make sure to re-summon the NPCs as soon as you can.
I beat him, and as I beat him he killed me. I awoke and went to the stake of Mereka. Instead of loading in it loaded me to a cut scene. I got my souls when I found my dead body tree.....But I don't see the great rune in my inventory. Then I died a second a go chasing a scarab, and it would not reload. Now it is stuck on checking my save data.....

Now my xbox is having a SLOW restart, so maybe Elden ring is the hardest on the series X too.

SAVEGAME recovered I'm good. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Holy fucking shit

Malenia, Blade of Miquella!!!!!​

how the hell do you beat this bitch? she is lightning fast, heals herself with a lifestealing blade, and I just cant fell her after like 20+ attempts.

May be the first Miyazaki boss I will never beat without cheese. Absolutely fucking brutal, I can't imagine how hard this fight must be for squishy / magic / caster builds
She's a freak. Took me multiple attempts (roughly 3hours) a respec and weapon change to finally bring her down. I was at 112. The whole area getting to her triggered me as much as her fight.

drotahorror

A well designed linear game is always superior to a open world game, in my opinion. Open world always have copy pasted repetitive content and ER is not any different in this aspect.

This look sick, I might respec and focus solely on str just like you I think. RN I got some points in fth and mnd.

You should if you beastin enemies with big ass weapons. My progression went from Club (wretch), Flail, Golden Halbard?, Bloodhound fang, Greatsword, then respec'd to have enough endurance to dual wield greatsword + another colossal sword. I've used that til basically now when I rushed the zones to find these weapons after looking up what I wanted to beat the game with. The dual colossal swords was great too. I messed up a questline so I can't get the heaviest armor in the game but I do have the second best for me atleast.

I've never used a consumable, nor crafted, nor casted a spell. I do use the mimic ash though.

Last edited:

GermanZepp

Guys just smoked a joint and I comeback to say this.

Miyazaki wants that players play the game as a cat.

Edit: it's a joke based on a real event.

Last edited:

clem84

Gold Member
Generally which is more effective? Sword-shield or Spear?

I've been playing the game for 25-30 hours and I'm not very far. Every boss is absolutely brutal. Margit was one of the toughest boss I've ever experienced in a game. After 2-3 hours of barely being able to land a hit on him (lol), I retreated and started to explore to level up a bit. The game is still incredibly fun. After exploring/grinding for what felt like 12-15 hours, I came back with better armor, better sword, more flasks, better stats, and those 'ghost' warriors you can summon. Still wasn't able to beat him (lol)... at first. After many more tries he eventually came down.

The castle you go on to explore after Margit is amazing. It's gigantic and you can truly get lost in it. I ended up in the 'sewers' only to be chased but that huge worm type monster.

I'm now facing the other boss in that castle, the one with a dragon head on his left arm. I've had sword and shield since the very beginning and I'm wondering if Spear might not be better. I got that huge golden spear from defeating the Guardian near the first shrine. I have not used it since it's not my weapon of choice.

So which is generally the most powerful setup? Sword-shield or Spear?

FunkMiller

I've been playing the game for 25-30 hours and I'm not very far. Every boss is absolutely brutal. Margit was one of the toughest boss I've ever experienced in a game. After 2-3 hours of barely being able to land a hit on him (lol), I retreated and started to explore to level up a bit. The game is still incredibly fun. After exploring/grinding for what felt like 12-15 hours, I came back with better armor, better sword, more flasks, better stats, and those 'ghost' warriors you can summon. Still wasn't able to beat him (lol)... at first. After many more tries he eventually came down.

The castle you go on to explore after Margit is amazing. It's gigantic and you can truly get lost in it. I ended up in the 'sewers' only to be chased but that huge worm type monster.

I'm now facing the other boss in that castle, the one with a dragon head on his left arm. I've had sword and shield since the very beginning and I'm wondering if Spear might not be better. I got that huge golden spear from defeating the Guardian near the first shrine. I have not used it since it's not my weapon of choice.

Magic.

:messenger_winking:

FunkMiller

Yes I hear you can pretty much break the game with a magic user. I can't really use magic now because I chose Hero class. I will probably do a second playthrough with a magic user. I'll just complete the game with my hero first.

You can. And I'm just being facetious :) I'll be running a melee build next myself.

I'd go sword over spear personally. More choice and flexibility.

Aesius

After thinking Radahn was nigh impossible for my build on Torrent, I faced off against him on foot and melted his ass in about 3 minutes. If you stay at/under his feet he's pretty harmless, even in his second phase.

Xander3116

Holy fucking shit

Malenia, Blade of Miquella!!!!!​

how the hell do you beat this bitch? she is lightning fast, heals herself with a lifestealing blade, and I just cant fell her after like 20+ attempts.

May be the first Miyazaki boss I will never beat without cheese. Absolutely fucking brutal, I can't imagine how hard this fight must be for squishy / magic / caster builds
I finally manage to beat her with the Moonvail sword +10 and Mimic Tear +10 at level 130, lol.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Level 40. I made a stop by the masked guy to see if he had new dialog, and saw the Tree Sentinel and was like "Oh yea, him. Time to show him my upgraded hands". Disappointing rune rewards, but at least he's gone - the noob killing twat.

Cyberpunkd

I finished Lucaria due to the spear - the change from Longsword +5 to Halberd +5 pumped the damage ridiculously. First boss died in 10 hits, second barely hit me.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Lands Between of Elden Ring are looking for an excuse to kill you. Fortunately for you, Tarnished, IGN's got your back. We're detailing the 5 bosses you need to beat first in Elden Ring.

Bosses include the Beastman of Farum Azula for a special Flamedrake Talisman, Mad Pumpkin Head for access to a special glintstone spell vendor, starting area Tree Sentinel, Demi-Human Chiefs for access to the Church of Dragon Communion, and the Flying Dragon Agheel.

0:39 - Before the Bosses
2:03 - Beastman of Farum Azula
2:41 - Mad Pumpkin Head
3:50 - Tree Sentinel
4:47 - Demi-Human Chiefs
6:05 - Flying Dragon Agheel

Top Bottom