• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Plantoid

I realized alone (ok, i used wiki for 2 things) that you can get a +9 boss weapon or any weapon that upgrades with somber stone within less than 60min from start

Somber stone 1 to 4 is sold by iji the giant, somber 5 you get after teleporting to swamp and going right and then right again

Somber 6 and 7 you get in the volcano manor (going there using the teleport mechanic letting virgin abducter eat you)

Somber 8 and 9 you get close to the divine tower of caelid (withing reach of the 70k rune dragon farm)

I just got a new character going and hes rocking a moonveil katana at +9 and I didnt do rennala yet, I'm one shooting everything

Also, it's easy to reach the plateau through the lift, since both parts are reachable without combat

If you wanna kill a late game elite easily, just look for the rot-applying dog

MastAndo

Finished the main story tonight. What a ride. Simply a superb game.

I don't really have interest in NG+ right now, but I went right back in after the credits to take on
Malenia
since I heard so much about how difficult she is. Man, she hits hard and has some attacks that will one-shot you if you get caught up in a chain of them. It took about 25 tries, but my mimic and I toppled her. Hats off to those doing this without a spirit ashes or summoning, is all I can say.

There are more bosses to slay, but for now, it's back "home" to Limgrave to take it all in...

bbtBjZI.png

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Haven't played since March 8th. Worked 40 hours in 3 days. Other obligations too. Fuck this. All I wanna do is get back to exploring Liurnia.

Right at a boss in the underground ant hill I know (hope) will be fairly simple, too.

Mark of a good game. Can't stop thinking about returning.

The_hunter

People complain about moonveil in pvp, I got some frost stomp ash of war, it's crazy good, hits for 800 damage at level 90. I kill people in two hits it's hilarious.

Last edited:

Graciaus

Commander Niall…wtf

I feel severely under leveled or I’m missing something
That fight is garbage. If you want to solo it you need to kill the dual sword knight first. You can backstab him while they spawn in. Or spam your weapon art and you can riposte him right away for the kill if you are lucky. Separate the remaining two and slowly kill the shield one. After that it is a standard boss. You can only attack once at certain points or he will get you with a counter every time. It's a slow fight but his tells are pretty obvious. It's just getting there is the annoying part.

Or use any ash. Fight is very easy with a little distraction.

Freeman76

…because the game is designed to provide a level of challenge, and having stuff that is too OP rather destroys that challenge. Same goes for bosses with attacks that hit too hard… ruins the challenge. There’s a fine line to walk in terms of providing players with equipment that makes them more powerful and able to take on bosses… and having stuff that just breaks the game completely. Mimic Tear is not a hard thing to find or upgrade once you’re in late game.

I'm sorry but this is fucking ridiculous. If you find it OP dont use it. Simple answer.

SCB3

Renala down

I will say, I hate this kind of Fromsoft boss where
Its an easy but longer Puzzle boss, followed by a harder one
but whenyou die, you have to restart the whole thing, just put me back at the harder part ffs

Ar¢tos

It seems that the invader starter kit is just :
- Rotten Breath / Ezyke's Decay
- "Vyke's War Spear" special skill spam

So many invaders just doing that, that I gave up on doing area co-op for fun...

think i've done everything there is to do, except gaols, in the starting areas of limgrave, stormhill, mistwood, weeping peninsula. finally after 25 hours i went to face Margit. beat him on my first try lol. i was expecting to die and was only going into it to try get an idea of the moves so didn't bother summoning the orange NPC, my own summons (wolves/jellyfish) or using the item that bounds him to earth which i assume was meant for the fight.

now on to the next area :) hoping for a bit of a challenge now.

Spaceman292

Banned
He was a fucker wasn’t he. Glad that’s over now and I can move on. These later bosses seem to have upped their levels.
I finally got him but I had to be really precise. The problem was that my ghosts kept turning around and trying to attack the enemies of the other side of the fog gate rather than the boss, and I'd get slammed by the two knights.

@billyxci

Then there are too many bosses in Limgrave I think?
what do you mean? most of the bosses are in Limgrave. there's not as many in mistwood/weeping peninsula.

That's a dick move. I've seen everything, but your picture of the map spoils every area of the game. Think of other people, eh? Just spoiler tag it.
you just had to scroll past it. i'm not forcing you to look at it. you'll see the whole map but it's not going to spoil much unless you zoom in and look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
FUCK MELANIA

This boss is breaking me

I’ve gotten close to beating her twice too

Other times I get wiped out in minutes

Her special attack is retarded. Can’t figure out how to dodge it consistently and sometimes she spams it 3 times in a row

FunkMiller

what do you mean? most of the bosses are in Limgrave. there's not as many in mistwood/weeping peninsula.

you just had to scroll past it. i'm not forcing you to look at it. you'll see the whole map but it's not going to spoil much unless you zoom in and look at it.

It spoils that there is a massive area after
Leyndell
. Some people might not want to know that before they've reached
Morgott and the base of the ErdTree

Last edited:

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
Some of the boss fights toward the end are some bullshit. Like the Godskin Duo fight, or any boss fight with 2 or more enemies.

I managed to beat the game, but I don't see how anyone managed to beat the godskin fight without ash summons or spamming that ice stomp move. That fight was brutal as a melee.

SJRB

Gold Member
Finally have the Bloodhound armor, now only a few more points in STR so I can wield the ultra greatsword and my Berserk build is finally complete.

So sick.

anthony2690

FUCK MELANIA

This boss is breaking me

I’ve gotten close to beating her twice too

Other times I get wiped out in minutes

Her special attack is retarded. Can’t figure out how to dodge it consistently and sometimes she spams it 3 times in a row
I found that boss really easy solo with mimic tear.
She went down so fast.

That being said, I have since tried helping randoms beat the boss and she shreds them so fast, or I get her nearly dead for them, and she ends up getting half her health back from the person I'm helping :l lol

Decided it's not worth the hassle as I get nothing if the host dies.

Last edited:
Ugh, so many of the cool end game weapons have INT requirements. I’m Faith/ strength but I really don’t want to invest points into extra stats. Might just have to do a dex/int play through.

Orbital2060

Commander Niall…wtf

I feel severely under leveled or I’m missing something
You can do this real easy with a bow

Just stand on the one of the small hills around the arena and shoot arrows at him. The ones right next to the grace site where you enter the arena works fine, should be a bunch of messages going up there.

I found that boss really easy solo with mimic tear.
She went down so fast.

That being said, I have since tried helping randoms beat the boss and she shreds them so fast, or I get her nearly dead for them, and she ends up getting half her health back from the person I'm helping :l lol

Decided it's not worth the hassle as I get nothing if the host dies.
my mimic sits around tossing a warming stone or using the same buff over and over again

Dunno why but it’s AI acts weird during this fight

Might just take away the items I usually give him and give it a go

You can do this real easy with a bow

Just stand on the one of the small hills around the arena and shoot arrows at him. The ones right next to the grace site where you enter the arena works fine, should be a bunch of messages going up there.
I used a charming branch or whatever to take over his minions, made the battle super easy

I literally found the recipe like right before the fight so it was meant to be

Tried it after making my post and won first try. Battle is easy without his 2 summons

You can give Mimic tears items?
I never even knew that haha
He will use whatever you have equipped, but it won’t eat into your supply

I’m too stingy to use them most the time, so I equip my best buffs. Grease, exalted flesh and warming stones are my go to. I’ll mix it up now and then.

Sometimes he’ll toss like 20 warming stones tho, but usually it’s great

Last edited:

anthony2690

He will use whatever you have equipped, but it won’t eat into your supply

I’m too stingy to use them most the time, so I equip my best buffs. Grease, exalted flesh and warming stones are my go to. I’ll mix it up now and then.
I'm awful, I literally never used a single item throughout the entire game.
I only have estus flask equipped the entire game XD

GymWolf

Gold Member
Fuck the crucible knight.

Stupid question, how can i help other people in multy? Both for boss fights or to complete an area? I want to farm some runes but normal farming is boring, at least in multy i can help people even if it is slower that way.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Fuck the crucible knight.

Stupid question, how can i help other people in multy? Both for boss fights or to complete an area? I want to farm some runes but normal farming is boring, at least in multy i can help people even if it is slower that way.
Two gold items - a tooth/nail and a staff - allow you to put down your summoning sign. Then others can see it and summon you to their world.

Last edited:
  • how do i reallocate stats? is there an item i need or an NPC to talk to?
  • i'm using the uchigatana and it says it scales with Strength + Dexterity and there is a D beside them both. what does the D mean? Should i be increasing both strength + dexterity?
  • i have the bloody slash ash of war which says it scales with Arcane. do i really need to do that too or can i focus on strength/dexterity? i put 1 into arcane but didn't see any stats for the weapon increase.
  • how do i use spells? i'm not going to be getting many spells but i do have the heal + fire ones but i can't seem to figure out how to use them they are greyed out.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
So I guess I am a tank. I have helped five people beat bosses tonight. Feels good. I fire up my holy spell and go to work.

Top Bottom