• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Majmun

Maybe your armour is weak against the boss element type (don't know what are you facing)
Astel, stars of darkness. Optional copypasta boss.

Had issues with his teleport insta death grabs. No armor can save me from those, I fear. But I lucked out and beat him a few moments ago.

anthony2690

Pretty cool location, I massively had to compress the picture to upload it here though, as it wouldn't let me upload the 12 mb original.

I do wish there was a way I could just help people through areas, I seem to only just get summoned at late game bosses.

dmN1BXZ.png

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Question,

How does one level up their Spirits?

Also, I just beat Lion bro with the big sword and fire dragon in the starting area =D

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Question,

How does one level up their Spirits?
The lady at Roundtable Hold.

EDIT: Assume you've met her in the shack first and she gave you jellyfish? But she ends up there automatically I think. Theres a bit of dialogue to be had then she sets up shop next to blacksmith.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The lady at Roundtable Hold.

EDIT: Assume you've met her in the shack first and she gave you jellyfish? But she ends up there automatically I think. Theres a bit of dialogue to be had then she sets up shop next to blacksmith.

You mean the Jellyfish spirit? If so I have that.. I'll take a looksie. And I think I have some of those Grave Glovewarts, sounds very familiar. Thanks again.

Cyberpunkd

i'm using the uchigatana and it says it scales with Strength + Dexterity and there is a D beside them both. what does the D mean? Should i be increasing both strength + dexterity?
It means it gets more powerful the more points you have in Str and Dex, but not much, hence D. The best scaling letters are S, then A, B, etc.
Most of the time if something scales S or A with a given attribute it will also require a lot of points in that attribute e.g. one Greatsword with A in Strength requires 40 to wield.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You have to beat a boss in Lumaria Academy, it’ll be obvious when you do

That's my next step. Was there already but somehow I didn't explore south of Limgrave so I've been doing that. Kinda "done" there now I feel so back to Lumaria!

Hey Blinkin

I stumbled upon
Sellia Crystal Tunnel

Got my ass handed to me by the boss at the end and lost 18K runes.

Can't wait to come back to it later. I really enjoyed the visuals.

This game is as incredibly addictive as it is difficult.

SCB3

So it seems I have no place to go now aside from Caelid, need 2 sides of a item and only have one, I’ve been dreading this….

Also I think I’ve made this harder but ignoring magic and focusing on melee, well bloody melee build at least

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I have a mage build (first time) and I'm still rocking pebble glintstone. I know shits going to get better so I will stick with it but man is it tempting rerolling to a strength build

SJRB

Gold Member
So it seems I have no place to go now aside from Caelid, need 2 sides of a item and only have one, I’ve been dreading this….

Also I think I’ve made this harder but ignoring magic and focusing on melee, well bloody melee build at least

If you are talking about the Grand Lift of Dectus; there is another way.

Always another way.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

@billyxci

The letters D to A attached to some stats basically indicate how much that stat counts in the formula for calulating the damage the weapon does. So a weapon with D in Str and B in Dex means that levelling up Dex yields more damage output in that particular formula.

With the uchigatana I think the recommended stats have been STR 18 and DEX 40. And 18 in STR being a drop-off point where more STR did not yield more damage or was not worth it. While DEX you could go beyond the 40 softcap and still get 1 more point in the attack power per level up. Or 2 points per 3 levels, something like that.

Therefore you want your main weapon to scale up to an S with your main stat. The uchigatana only scales up to an A Ior B I think, while the Chaos Blade katana for example goes up to an S in Dark Souls 2. Which is why Im looking for a DEX katana that goes to S in Elden Ring but I havent found one or heard about one yet.

Last edited:

protonion

I have just used that big elevator that requires two key items. Around mid game I think.

Is there a good weapon for a strength build I can get at this point? Still using that halberd from the horseman at the beginning of the game

Ulysses 31

my mimic sits around tossing a warming stone or using the same buff over and over again

Dunno why but it’s AI acts weird during this fight

Might just take away the items I usually give him and give it a go
Malenia is the only fight I broke my no summon rule for, phase 2 is just too crazy for my melee build.

For strenght builds

For katana builds

GymWolf

Gold Member
I have just used that big elevator that requires two key items. Around mid game I think.

Is there a good weapon for a strength build I can get at this point? Still using that halberd from the horseman at the beginning of the game
I'm 30 hours in and still trying to even weild that thing, why are you changing weapon if i can ask?

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
What's the difference between the Tarnished's Furled finger and the Small Golden Effigy?

Also, is summoning level-gated? I tried to get summoned to help curbstomp Goddrick but no one did.

Ar¢tos

What's the difference between the Tarnished's Furled finger and the Small Golden Effigy?

Also, is summoning level-gated? I tried to get summoned to help curbstomp Goddrick but no one did.

Finger places a sign in a specific location, the effigy sends a summon sign to all summoning pools to every player within summon range (level / weapon upgrade) in the server, so you can be summoned to different locations (while the finger only works in the location you placed the sign)

near

Gold Member
All of you guys are so fast...i'm 30 hours in and still searching the key for the academy lol.

Not sure how people completed this game in only 50 hours without ignoring like 70% of content...

I'm 122 hours in, and I believe I'm on the last boss now. I glossed over Leyndell and Caelid. I think its impossible to 'complete' this game in under 50 hours without missing substantial content, I know for certain that I myself have missed various npcs possibly hidden locations while searching every nook and cranny, because I lost track of quests I was following and there is still a part of the map I cant figure out how to get to. If you're playing this blind and figuring things out for yourself there is enough content here to keep you going well beyond 150 hours. That being said if you're just running through demigods you could be done with the game in under 50 hours.

hlm666

I'm 122 hours in, and I believe I'm on the last boss now. I glossed over Leyndell and Caelid. I think its impossible to 'complete' this game in under 50 hours without missing substantial content, I know for certain that I myself have missed various npcs possibly hidden locations while searching every nook and cranny, because I lost track of quests I was following and there is still a part of the map I cant figure out how to get to. If you're playing this blind and figuring things out for yourself there is enough content here to keep you going well beyond 150 hours. That being said if you're just running through demigods you could be done with the game in under 50 hours.
I finished my first blind run at about 110 hours, trying to explore everything and do everything. I still missed so much it was mind bending. By the time I went back and done everything I missed I was at 125 hours then when riding through the frost mountain area in ng+ I found an evergoal i had missed. So good, it's like your own personel mmo without all the shit. Well until you get invaded but they add a bit of spice.

SCB3

All of you guys are so fast...i'm 30 hours in and still searching the key for the academy lol.

Not sure how people completed this game in only 50 hours without ignoring like 70% of content...
29 hours in and just past the academy and all of Limgrave plus a good chunk of Lunaria down myself, I think the game is very front loaded

SJRB

Gold Member
Getting summoned for Renalla is the easiest 10k rune farm spot ever. That boss is a cakewalk and takes less than 5 minutes provided the person summoning als knows that they're doing.

near

Gold Member
I finished my first blind run at about 110 hours, trying to explore everything and do everything. I still missed so much it was mind bending. By the time I went back and done everything I missed I was at 125 hours then when riding through the frost mountain area in ng+ I found an evergoal i had missed. So good, it's like your own personel mmo without all the shit. Well until you get invaded but they add a bit of spice.

It's a game that demands you take your time and absorb its world, and it is so rewarding when you do so. I went back to Limgrave to not long ago and found a night time boss, it's amazing how easy it is to completely miss things. Does ng+ reset the entire map? I'd imagine it does right?

Man, I've been really pumped for the weekend. Work and responsibilities consume most of my time during the week so I haven't been able to get a solid play session in lately. The wife will be out of town so I'll have the place to myself. Gonna do nothing but play Elden Ring baby!

Just got to the Royal Capital last night while searching for the key to get into Raya Lucaria. Had to take a secret path because I didn't have the medallion to activate the Grand Lift of Dectus. I love that FromSoft always provides an alternate path to discover - I feel like it adds so much variety to how you progress through the game. Next playthrough I'll probably skip the hidden path and find the other half of the medallion. It was an epic evening to say the least. Can't wait to see what's in store for today.

Okay, I gotta say it - this game feels like something out of a dream. Like I'll be playing and literally have the thought run through my head "I can't believe a game like this exists" - it's just that good. Obviously, not a perfect game, but it's damn near close for me.

hlm666

It's a game that demands you take your time and absorb its world, and it is so rewarding when you do so. I went back to Limgrave to not long ago and found a night time boss, it's amazing how easy it is to completely miss things. Does ng+ reset the entire map? I'd imagine it does right?
You keep the actual map fragments so u don't need to collect those again, but you lose all grace locations and all major key items like previous souls games (you keep torrent, can ride straight outside the first door to the world). Everything resets though yeh, you can get a second weapon you want to dual wield etc. There doesn't seem to be any upgraded items from what i've seen, like how ng+ in ds3/ds2 had upgraded charms everything here seems to be exactly the same just have more life, do more damage and give more runes.

Plantoid

FUCK MELANIA

This boss is breaking me

I’ve gotten close to beating her twice too

Other times I get wiped out in minutes

Her special attack is retarded. Can’t figure out how to dodge it consistently and sometimes she spams it 3 times in a row
What I did: greatshield or any shield with 100% phy and high stability, the higher the better

When she goes for the specialz just get the shield up and tank everything, also change damage increasing amulets for def, remove radagon's soreseal if you're using it

Got it in like 5 tries i think, i have mimic+10 tho

SCB3

Getting summoned for Renalla is the easiest 10k rune farm spot ever. That boss is a cakewalk and takes less than 5 minutes provided the person summoning als knows that they're doing.
I may do a few runs here later, want some upgrades anyway

Top Bottom