• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Swift_Star

Banned
Just found out I’m too OP for the Atlus area. I’m one shotting everything. 😂
I wasn’t expecting that.
I love being OP in these games. It’s a very good feeling.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
I have just used that big elevator that requires two key items. Around mid game I think.

Is there a good weapon for a strength build I can get at this point? Still using that halberd from the horseman at the beginning of the game
Yes, the rusted anchor is excellent and requires 26 str to one hand it. At +18 and 32 str, it’s a beast. You should’ve found it already. But the halberd should be doing good for you. Have you been upgrading the weapon? Are you putting points in the required stats? Infuse this weapon with the Heavy infusion too. It’s a must for STR builds.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
the boss is................TWO crucible knights at once
GIF-16.gif
The game is cheap like that on few occasions.
And they dont play well together. Just two enemies

Swift_Star

Banned
Getting summoned for Renalla is the easiest 10k rune farm spot ever. That boss is a cakewalk and takes less than 5 minutes provided the person summoning als knows that they're doing.
It’s funny when people gets destroyed by her tbh. Easiest boss I’ve faced in a souls game not named demon’s.

jadefire66

Very disappointed to see that Crucible Knights cannot be staggered in any way. It was a big reason why I wanted to try a colossal weapon STR build. Well I tried it and it's the same thing as attacking them with a dagger. They're eating up jump+R2 for lunch, they don't give a fuck. This is some Dark Souls 3 level of shitty design.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Very disappointed to see that Crucible Knights cannot be staggered in any way. It was a big reason why I wanted to try a colossal weapon STR build. Well I tried it and it's the same thing as attacking them with a dagger. They're eating up jump+R2 for lunch, they don't give a fuck. This is some Dark Souls 3 level of shitty design.
So not being able to abuse one of the strongest enemy types is shitty design uh? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Aesius

They can be staggered. 3-4 guard counters in a row staggers them and opens them up to a critical attack. I eat those guys for breakfast now with my high STR/END build and a Visage Shield. Multiple guard counters seems to stagger everything, including the Bell Hunter (Darth Vader) nighttime bosses.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I've given up trying to understand them. They seemingly have no weaknesses to exploit. They're a master of all trades and you just need to pray luck is on your side when you go against them
A summon is pretty much required (unless you have a cheese/broken build with Hoarfrost stomp/Blood Loss/that magic beam). I also realized that it's far easier to deal with the shield guy first as he's distracted since he's more annoying one on one when your eventual summon death occurs.

That or just be overleveled for the fight.

Really boring fight though as they aren't that varied or unique.

Last edited:

jadefire66

They can be staggered. 3-4 guard counters in a row staggers them and opens them up to a critical attack. I eat those guys for breakfast now with my high STR/END build and a Visage Shield. Multiple guard counters seems to stagger everything, including the Bell Hunter (Darth Vader) nighttime bosses.

Guard counters yes. But weapon attacks? Never? Strong attacks from big weapons should've momentarily stunned them at the very least...

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

Hi guys, I’m after some guidance and please! I feel a little lost, like I’m just meandering around, not doing anything meaningful.

I was flying for the first 15-20 hours, feels like I’ve cleared out Limgrave and Weeping Peninsula. Headed up to Stormveil Castle, cleared that out, then up to Liurnia to do Raya Academy. Then I headed to Siofra River (wow, btw), came out into Caelid but couldn’t really find a great deal to do that seemed to be substantial.

Then at a loss I headed up Bellum Highway, found Mt Gelmir and the boss. I skipped past the boss after a few tries (I’ll come back with a stronger bow) and ended up at Volcano Manor, through the hidden passage and out into that streets area with the rooftops. After half an hour or so I thought I’d found the path forward down towards the gravestone area with the lava, but no dice.

I’m just not sure where I should be heading. Any tips?

Aesius

Guard counters yes. But weapon attacks? Never? Strong attacks from big weapons should've momentarily stunned them at the very least...
I think they can be with multiple heavy attacks as well. Because I just realized that my guard counters don't always count as guard counters because some of them hit mid-combo.

NinjaBoiX

Also, that jumping attack is well OP, especially with the talisman equipped.

You can easily stunlock tough enemies with jumping slashes, feels a bit broken tbh…

Last edited:
I'm level 127 and at the last boss in Crumbling Farum Azula - is this ok ? I'm getting hammered by it, and as a melee build it's frustrating, but also lol so fast of a boss.

SJRB

Gold Member
O my god, if you summon people at least have the decency to skip the cutscenes. Fucking hell.

You're wasting my time, chief.

Last edited:

iorek21

Bosses just get progressively worse as the game goes on, it really feels like they were designed by a totally different team than the rest of the content.

Bosses in Elden Ring range from mediocre to outright bad with unfair tactics or even bland overall design. It’s somewhat surprising after how they nailed bosses in Sekiro.

My guess is that allowing ash summons gave From liberties to go crazy on the bosses, but I think they really missed the mark here. Demons Souls, DS, BB and Sekiro had so many memorable bosses, but here I just roll mu eyes at every encounter, even the main quest ones.

Noticed some ghosts/other players doing something interesting by a grace

long story short, found a place to farm 13k runes in about 5 seconds. It’s 4 feet from a grace. This is perfect for upgrading a ton of different weapons, gonna come in handy when figuring out which whips I like best

Swift_Star

Banned
Noticed some ghosts/other players doing something interesting by a grace

long story short, found a place to farm 13k runes in about 5 seconds. It’s 4 feet from a grace. This is perfect for upgrading a ton of different weapons, gonna come in handy when figuring out which whips I like best
Do tell us where it is! I just got the gargoyle sword and thinking in upgrading it for a holy weapon.

Last edited:
Do tell us where it is! I just got the gargoyle sword and thinking in upgrading it for a holy weapon.
You have to unlock an area that contains Mohg, Lord of Blood

You do this by doing the quest for the guy with a mask at church of roses in liurnia

Once there get the palace approach ledge road grace

There’s a cliff with a mutated crow in the distance

Shoot him with a bow and he runs off the cliff trying to get you

I get over 13k runes with the rune boosting talisman

It’s right next to the grace so you can instantly reset it

MastAndo

Not sure if it's the same one, but this is one spot (with 2 options);

If I was close to having enough runes to level up, I would go there to top off rather than risk losing them in tough areas. Never could quite get the bird one to work efficiently, so I just took out the little guys, which is more fun anyway.

Bartski

Gold Member
9dvdXXs.jpg

NG+ lets go!

Level 155, respec'ed and now a 94 faith monster. Loving all the end game incantations I haven't had the build to try earlier, finishing the game as minmaxed dex. The "black blade" spell omg.

Wrecked the intro boss and the Tree Sentinel first try. Really OP for Limgrave but there is a clear boost to damage and health on all enemies, need 2 hits on basic bitch soldiers with +25 Uchigatana with flame art faith B scaling and that means things could get really tough from Volcano or Lyendell onwards.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Malenia was fukin crazy. This is just not possible solo. How??

Even with the mimic summon this fight is ultra hard. I beat her finally. Definitely the hardest boss so far.
Her and Mohg are getting me down. Her with her shitty heal and him with his fucking blood loss attack.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I can't escape the feeling that Elden Ring is pretty much the true realization of what they had in mind originally for Dark Souls 2.

So many areas and ideas are reminiscent of DS2's zones. Especially the DLC areas, which are all there in spirit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom