• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2016 |OT| San Marino: "I didn't know - anyone but Serhat :("

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPanic

My favorites are:

-Hungary
-Netherlands
-Armenia
San Marino
-Russia
-Cyprus
-Austria
-Azerbajian

Didn't even make it to 10. The rest wasn't that bad this year, but nothing really stood out in this semi-finale. Loved how varied it was though. Hopefully Netherlands makes it to the final this year.
7/8 from my list. Glad my home country got through, but no San Marino is a absolute heartbreaker, jury must have screwed them over. Croatia, Malta and ChechR were pretty good as well so I'm happy with these results.

mr-paul

How did Iceland not get through? Best song of the night.

No complaints about most of the ones that got through though.

But Europe, WHY NOT ICELAND?!?

oti

Banned
Update the OT pls "Grab your towels and lets come together"

YES

First time in history Greece didn't qualify and man was it justified. What a shit show.

But why did the Netherlands qualify?

Anyway, rooting for Armenia out of this semi.

El Topo

Yeah, the contest is obviously rigged, it's definitely not the fact the Finnish singer performed like shit.

I will ignore your sarcasm and correct observation that the Finnish singers couldn't even hit the notes and instead pretend that you agree with me.
Oh well, back to 'Anyone but Russia'.

MrPanic

How did Iceland not get through? Best song of the night.

No complaints about most of the ones that got through though.

But Europe, WHY NOT ICELAND?!?

I dare to say the mediocre video wall performance ruined it for her, especially after a the great one that won last year and the superior one by Russia in this show. If you're gonna copy performances you gotta do it better than the previous ones, otherwise it just gonna overshadow the song.

I dare to say the mediocre video wall performance ruined it for her, especially after a the great one that won last year and the superior one by Russia in this show. If you're gonna copy performances you gotta do it better than the previous ones, otherwise it just gonna overshadow the song.

That and it just is such an obvious copy of Euphoria/Only Teardrops, too.

oti

Banned
Is it true only the nations that competed in the semi-final could vote in it?

Yes and three of the Big Six, chosen by luck. We in Germany couldn't vote for instance (all those Diaspora votes for Greece gone) but can vote in the second Semi.

Is it true only the nations that competed in the semi-final could vote in it?

Yes. Only 3 of the 6 pre-qualified finalists (in this semi's case it was Spain, France and Sweden), and all the countries that participated in the final get to vote.
Everyone gets to vote in the grand final.

Ruruja

Are the OP strikeouts complete? I only listen to the songs for the first time on the final so I can go and listen to the ones that got knocked out now.

Are the OP strikeouts complete? I only listen to the songs for the first time on the final so I can go and listen to the ones that got knocked out now.

Yes. All strikeouts from semi 1 are done. I will add the live performances when they all become available on the Eurovision channel.

oti

Banned
This semi really is weak (besides Austria fight me)

As much as I hate Austria, at least she could sing her own song.

And as much as I hate the Greek song, at least they didn't kill my hearing like Finland holy shit. That must have been one of the worst performances Eurovision has ever seen.

As much as I hate Austria, at least she could sing her own song.

And as much as I hate the Greek song, at least they didn't kill my hearing like Finland holy shit. That must have been one of the worst performances Eurovision has ever seen.

Nah. There was much much worse. Last year's Sammarinese entry, for instance, or Jemini back in 2003.

OP updated with all the live performances except for Hungary's, which has not been posted on the YouTube channel (it feels like they overlooked posting it since they posted in roughly the broadcast order).
There also apparently was full live performances of the 3 finalists voting during this semi (not the rehearsals), which I have included as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom