• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao Hu

I honestly have no idea. Whatever pays the bills. I'd like to look into electronics and robotics courses and see how math-intensive they are. If things don't pan out and I can't find another outlet worthy of my time, I may work some odd jobs while I put myself through school.

Any thoughts on immigrating?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Any thoughts on immigrating?

Nope.

I like where I live and I have a stable relationship with somebody who would need to trash her entire career to come with me. Plus a mortgage. I may also get involved in the family's agri business if things go well.

Honestly, I'm not very concerned about my future right now. I'll need to cut frivolous expenses, but that will be all for now. It's just that I'm getting super pissed at how things have turned to shit after I escaped a different burning ship a couple of years ago. I thought I had find *the* place, only to have the rug pulled from under my feet once again. It's soul destroying.

Xiao Hu

Nope.

I like where I live and I have a stable relationship with somebody who would need to trash her entire career to come with me. Plus a mortgage. I may also get involved in the family's agri business if things go well.

Honestly, I'm not very concerned about my future right now. It's just that I'm getting super pissed at how things have turned to shit after I escaped a different burning ship a couple of years ago and I thought I had find *the* place, only to have the rug pulled from under my feet once again. It's soul destroying.

Everything's going to be fine

::hugs::
::gives gentle kiss on the cheek::
::does that finger pistol thing to make the whole scenario more masculine::

FUME5

image.php

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That stinks, Funky. My last job ended on a redundancy due to assy management combined with a huge shift in the industry. But it sounds like you've got the right attitude to be adaptable and reassess your goals, which is the most important thing. Plus you have a good network of the right people for mental well-being, and that does wonders.

Xiao Hu

That stinks, Funky. My last job ended on a redundancy due to assy management combined with a huge shift in the industry. But it sounds like you've got the right attitude to be adaptable and reassess your goals, which is the most important thing. Plus you have a good network of the right people for mental well-being, and that does wonders.

I wouldn't call FakeGAF necessarily the right people 😜

Misha

Banned
I haven't followed it but does mass effect andromeda has some crappy chosen one plot?
The general description sounds fine. Exploration as the focus of the plot sounds really neat to me. Mix that with a conflict with some civilization that's indigenous to the area they're trying to settle and it's great.

They should have at least waited toward the end of me1 to introduce notBorg imo. There's no sense of normalcy to compare the new threat to. It's not surprising and it's not threatening. Really that's what I hate most game story telling. Everything has to be epic and you have to jump right in. Hopefully someday games will get over it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
First blood.

I haven't followed it but does mass effect andromeda has some crappy chosen one plot? The general description sounds fine. Exploration as the focus of the plot sounds really neat to me. Mix that with a conflict with some civilization that's indigenous to the area they're trying to settle and it's great. They should have at least waited toward the end of me1 to introduce notBorg imo. There's no sense of normalcy to compare the new threat to. It's not surprising and it's not threatening. Really that's what I hate most game story telling. Everything has to be epic and you have to jump right in. Hopefully someday games will get over it.

I love exploration plots, but it really doesn't seem fitting for ME given the way the franchise has moved forward. Maybe it's a soft reboot of sorts?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Death Stranding is never coming out.

I haven't followed it but does mass effect andromeda has some crappy chosen one plot? The general description sounds fine. Exploration as the focus of the plot sounds really neat to me. Mix that with a conflict with some civilization that's indigenous to the area they're trying to settle and it's great. They should have at least waited toward the end of me1 to introduce notBorg imo. There's no sense of normalcy to compare the new threat to. It's not surprising and it's not threatening. Really that's what I hate most game story telling. Everything has to be epic and you have to jump right in. Hopefully someday games will get over it.

We know next to nothing officially about Andromeda's protagonist other than them being called Ryder, and their sibling and father relevant to the plot.

Unofficially/grapevine the plot/themes do centre around colonialism and ethics of dealing with indigenous populations.

Misha

Banned
I love exploration plots, but it really doesn't seem fitting for ME given the way the franchise has moved forward. Maybe it's a soft reboot of sorts?
It fits the universe better than the direction that the franchise went but I can understand if they would want to keep it what the fans are familiar with and why they'd try to pander to what the industry typically does

They do seem to want to separate it from the previous trilogy so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
We know next to nothing officially about Andromeda's protagonist other than them being called Ryder, and their sibling and father relevant to the plot.

Unofficially/grapevine the plot/themes do centre around colonialism and ethics of dealing with indigenous populations.
That sounds good if true (and similar themes to a story I'm slowly working on)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I have a rainy day fund and (long term, worst case scenario) a supportive family, so I'm not particularly worried about my immediate future, but given how shit the current market is, I'll probably have to switch careers and work on something completely different if I intend to eat food and pay for stuff.
I really hope that you bounce back asap

Damn, I know what are you going through. I am on the same edge about career switch, because I gave up with any thoughts about working in my field in this country. So being stuck in retail hell, wasting my best years for some god damn minimal wage. But I still lack the courage to get out of it.

Abroad? Maybe, but it is hard to make any worthy contacts. And I am not kind of guy that would sit on the plane and go, I do not know, to Sweden for example, because I do not want to go there totally blind.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really hope that you bounce back asap

Damn, I know what are you going through. I am on the same edge about career switch, because I gave up with any thoughts about working in my field in this country. So being stuck in retail hell, wasting my best years for some god damn minimal wage. But I still lack the courage to get out of it.
Very similar situation for me too, so I feel you guys.

Misha

Banned
this thread is so slow during the morning hours of EST

just when I need everyone to entertain me :(
People should start posting attempts at the mass effect contest :p

________

That say your offensive views thread is starting to pick up in all the wrong ways...
(Well right cause it's exactly on topic)

Fluvian

Banned
So I think I had the biggest moment of deserved humiliation of my entire life today. I'll set the scene.
Were all in the computer lab waiting to meet our new computer science tutor, the guy walks in and it seems like he's in a shitty mood, he tells people to take their hats off and take their drinks off the table, fair enough but some guys (myself included) didn't care for his tone, anyway as the lesson goes on he warms up and becomes a lot more likeable.
I swear I'll never forget this for the rest of my life, he's talking about old tech he's had in the past, he talks about commodore 64's, Sinclairs and finally old phones.....He says "feel lucky to have these cool phones you have now, in 1988 I had one of those ridiculous large mobile phones" to which I thought it was a great idea to respond with "Didn't those things give people cancer" now he said something next but I didn't hear him and only found out later, all i heard was yeah to which I responded "are you worried about that at all" in a jovial manner, to which he responded "I was two years ago when I had neck cancer....." the room died, what he said before was "yes they gave me it" and no one heard that part because too many people were speaking.
I couldn't have apologised enough for having brought it up and still feel shitty about it, he seemed cool about it and didn't seem angry with me.

FloatOn

I got hooked on Necropolis so that is why I havent been that chatty today. How is your day going?

Ah I see. I was looking to play that at some point. Glad you are enjoying it.

It's raining here and I didn't feel like doing work at my job so I did homework at work instead. I'm pretty fortunate to be able to do that. I should get to actual work pretty soon though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ah I see. I was looking to play that at some point. Glad you are enjoying it.

It's raining here and I didn't feel like doing work at my job so I did homework at work instead. I'm pretty fortunate to be able to do that. I should get to actual work pretty soon though.

Its very Dark Soul-ish even if its not extremely polished. Its addictive.

Here Im laying in bed now contemplating fap, sleep or watch something. #FirstWorldProblems

Misha

Banned
Are there any other space games that focus on diplomacy and exploration other than like mass effect and kotor? Thinking like rpg, point and click, visual novels, or similar to Oregon trail or FTL. 4x's, mmos, and space combat simulators don't count.

FloatOn

Its very Dark Soul-ish even if its not extremely polished. Its addictive.

Here Im laying in bed now contemplating fap, sleep or watch something. #FirstWorldProblems

having a fap usually puts me to sleep then I would wake up and watch something.

Are there any other space games that focus on diplomacy and exploration other than like mass effect and kotor? Thinking like rpg, point and click, visual novels, or similar to Oregon trail or FTL. 4x's, mmos, and space combat simulators don't count.

this game has been on my wishlist for awhile. it seems kind of firefly

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

EDIT: Oops saw 4Xs dont count NVM

Misha

Banned
EDIT: Oops saw 4Xs dont count NVM
yeah im already aware of several space 4x's :p
The issue with those are your commanding an empire usually. Also all 4x's that aren't civ have super high learning curves... Just give me a slightly more fleshed out Catan pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom