• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Don't think it's entirely what I'm looking for but definitely very interesting and definitely along the right lines. Base building and against the clock defense types I generally am cautious of but I liked FTL and found Xcom to have potential and this sounds like a mix of the two

You can always refund if you dont like it within the first 2 hours IIRC. :p

Misha

Banned
You can always refund if you dont like it within the first 2 hours IIRC. :p
Yeah. And that's really helpful with me being super picky and all :p

I just don't get why companies don't make the kind of games I'm thinking of. Nbd if you have combat but at least make that a last resort.
Ex: you're a commander of a ship and you were sent to recover a damaged ship for your government. You find a junker had already beaten you there. You establish contact and try to persuade them to leave
You "that ship was a Terran freighter and as such we must return its contents to earth"
Junkers "it's a derelict and by rules of space it belongs to those who first find it"

Then your options:
1) "We don't wish to make an incident. We'll honor your claim so long as we can make a tally of the deceased crew"
2) "perhaps we could make some sort of deal" (can trade cargo)
3) "actually by rule of space page 5 subsection 12, derelict status is only gained after being abandoned for 1 full solar cycle. We can prove it by checking the ship's logs" (diplomacy check)
4) "By the order of the Terran Confederacy, relinquish control or you will be fired upon" (either bluff or actual threat)

After your choice is made they either agree, backdown, or decide to overpower you depending on whether they believe they can win

I know this kind of thing kinda happens to some extent in games like mass effect but I'd prefer it to be the majority of encounters rather than minority. Immediately hostile enemies are boring and you treat them all exactly the same. This creates more of a story and makes it feel more like the world is reacting to you

Finally reading this classic:

rebecca.jpg

(I've also never seen the Hitchcock film.)

Halcyon

Don't think it's entirely what I'm looking for but definitely very interesting and definitely along the right lines. Base building and against the clock defense types I generally am cautious of but I liked FTL and found Xcom to have potential and this sounds like a mix of the two

How about Halcyon 7.5

*Aggressive stare*

There's a very light rain going on outside the office right now. The drought is officially over :D

Also I need to stop staying up until five in the morning.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Rain is the besss.

We've been blessed with a short one over here. It'll make trying to sleep a more pleasant experience.

Also, I'm having cheap ramen for diner and IDGAF.

Fluvian

Banned
Rain is the besss.

We've been blessed with a short one over here. It'll make trying to sleep a more pleasant experience.

Why would you eat instant noodles when you have that magnificent grill? I don't care if it's raining get an umbrella

Rain is the besss.

I do that too sometimes. A little Sriracha and it's good to go.

Also rain is so infrequent here that it almost always inspires and impromptu dance party out in the cold. Which is my fault tbh

FloatOn

I just taught a class on safety, administered a quiz and graded the results.

remember when I was talking about becoming a teacher? I think my job is kind of already preparing me for that rn.

jb1234

I just taught a class on safety, administered a quiz and graded the results.

remember when I was talking about becoming a teacher? I think my job is kind of already preparing me for that rn.

But the important thing is, did you enjoy it? Or at least not bitterly hate it?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains

Why would you eat instant noodles when you have that magnificent grill? I don't care if it's raining get an umbrella
The grill is at my parents'. I live in an apartment :(

I do that too sometimes. A little Sriracha and it's good to go.

Also rain is so infrequent here that it almost always inspires and impromptu dance party out in the cold. Which is my fault tbh

This ramen actually needs the sriracha. I think I may have stumbled upon some magical ramen brand that only caters those in need of a low sodium diet. It's terrible.

FloatOn

But the important thing is, did you enjoy it? Or at least not bitterly hate it?

this isn't my first time doing such a thing. it's cool when I get participation but today everyone was pretty reserved for some reason. I bet it had to do with the gloomy weather today.

also teaching safety stuff is important but it's not my favorite subject. I think I would enjoy it much more if it was a subject I was passionate about (history or english).

FloatOn

back when I was poor I used to do ramen and I would always drain off the water and replace it with just a bit of hot sauce. this was before sriracha was fashionable

This ramen actually needs the sriracha. I think I may have stumbled upon some magical ramen brand that only caters those in need of a low sodium diet. It's terrible.

Ew. Ramen was never anything close to health conscious, so why bother trying?

I want my own room/flat and a new exciting job and a god damn partner in my life! Now! :mad:

Fuck-this-and-that.jif

What are you doing right to move towards that goal?

Rain you say?

This is my friend

If you want rain just come to the UK
I had a feeling I'd trigger you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom