• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluvian

Banned
Finally managed to finish Rattle and hum off.....Jesus christ it's hard to call myself a U2 fan after that, I'm completely serious right now the movie ends with Bono super imposing his face over Martin Luther Kings....Fuck this movie.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
img_20160918_2333031hs8m.jpg

img_20160918_2356455wsg3.jpg

just fucking kill me

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Episode Six was hard to endure because of Nancy and Jonathan. Their entire storyline is awful. Kill me.

Everyone was acting like smashin the camera was this totally outrageous thing after they caught him literally taking photos of them having sex. Her being basically fine with that but not the camera smashing felt unrealistic imo.

A lot of the character dynamics are terribly unrealistic and contrived. They're going through a list of cliches and ticking them off and it's awful. And I mean yeah, the camera smashing was a heavy reaction but contextually understandable given that yes they're under the impression this dude has stalked and taken photos of them basically fucking.

I like the show but these two characters need to be flushed like a hot turd. The show is infinitely more interesting and appealing when it's a semi-spooky mystery and not a woeful teen drama.

Season two, it has to happen, my heart will break if it doesn't

If they're at the centre of Season Two I won't watch it.

Episode Six was hard to endure because of Nancy and Jonathan. Their entire storyline is awful. Kill me.

A lot of the character dynamics are terribly unrealistic and contrived. They're going through a list of cliches and ticking them off and it's awful.

I like the show but these two characters need to be flushed like a hot turd.

If they're at the centre of Season Two I won't watch it.
wait for the end. I actually think it was pretty anti-cliche, which was refreshing.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Man, I'm at my parents right now and having recently visited the States, the difference in garden/yard to house ratio almost looks surreal in comparison*. No wonder my mother screams at my father whenever he decides to trash her lilies and to grow a vegetable garden instead 😂 Vazra would probably hang himself from an olive tree.

*My parent's is not shown in the photo. Those are some neighbouring houses (plus a new one being built at the left).

just fucking kill me
Stay.

Fluvian

Banned
Man, I'm at my parents right now and having recently visited the States, the difference in garden/yard to house ratio almost looks surreal in comparison*. No wonder my mother screams at my father whenever he decides to trash her lilies and to grow a vegetable garden instead 😂 Vazra would probably hang himself from an olive tree.

*My parent's is not shown in the photo. Those are some neighbouring houses (plus a new one being built at the left).

Stay.

You're not American? Canadian? or are you an American x pat?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
*Gasp* A non-Australian/German and ALSO non-American Gaffer? How can this be?

EatChildren

wait for the end. I actually think it was pretty anti-cliche, which was refreshing.

A friend told me the same and that's good to hear (if a spoiler but whatever), but man even if it ends as the anti-cliche I'm thinking, it still doesn't justify the multi-episode cliche riddled build-up.

Like I just don't feel anything is happening. I'm watching all these scenes in episode six of their garbage bullshit and in those moments it's predictable to a T and adds literally nothing interesting to the character exposition or developing narrative.

I'm convinced the Duffer Brothers just wanted to jam in a dumb 80s cliche riddled teen drama because it's in other movies and TV and 80s cos hey 80s is c00l remember the 80s *synthwave kicks in*.

Yes, I'm mad.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not surprised Jarrod didn't like it because I bet he's never wanted to be with someone so bad he finds reasons to hate them, or stood outside and watched someone through the window of their room like we did when we were kids.

A friend told me the same and that's good to hear (if a spoiler but whatever), but man even if it ends as the anti-cliche I'm thinking, it still doesn't justify the multi-episode cliche riddled build-up.

Like I just don't feel anything is happening. I'm watching all these scenes in episode six of their garbage bullshit and in those moments it's predictable to a T and adds literally nothing interesting to the character exposition or developing narrative.

I'm convinced the Duffer Brothers just wanted to jam in a dumb 80s cliche riddled teen drama because it's in other movies and TV and 80s cos hey 80s is c00l remember the 80s *synthwave kicks in*.

Yes, I'm mad.

hm I actually kinda liked it. it may be cliche but like you also pointed out it perfectly fits the campy scenario. but like many things it has a modern twist.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm not surprised Jarrod didn't like it because I bet he's never wanted to be with someone so bad he finds reasons to hate them, or stood outside and watched someone through the window of their room like we did when we were kids.
You're not Dennis!

Fluvian

Banned
I think my friend George has lost his mind, he posted this comic on his facebook this morning and it nearly cracked my brain in half, I don't even know where to begin with how insane this is.
14352029_572692149580734_5180117187296752500_o.jpg

EatChildren

Is 29 too old to go all peeping tom? Is it too late for me?

hm I actually kinda liked it. it may be cliche but like you also pointed out it perfectly fits the campy scenario. but like many things it has a modern twist.

I guess it's just that campiness I don't like as I don't feel invested in it. And normally I like campy. But this is retread campy with no flair of its own (until the end apparently, which is too little too late for me).

I really like everything else though. I love the kids, the cop, crazy mum stuff, and the big government conspiracy stuff. All that is campy and working for me, I guess because it's all entwined. The teen drama just feels like a bloated empty side story of poop.

Or maybe I'm dead inside.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Stalking is only inappropriate if the person you're stalking doesn't eventually find it romantic.

Watch Disturbia, very informative.

Fluvian

Banned
Oh so looking through my friend Georges fb page shows me that he hasn't recently lost his mind, he's got insane comics and posts going back at least a year and a half, weirdest of all his grand parents and parents are all in the group he posts this stuff in, it's so so strange .
13233159_524667017716581_3608822668603967598_n.jpg

10270297_481579972025286_7083587335597525553_n.jpg

12243501_461495370700413_1337644954357965599_n.jpg

He posted that last one like last month
I wanna phone him up and see if he's on anything, and then get some of that shit for myself

EatChildren

mmmm hell yeh gimme some of dat sunday night pre work week depression straight into my veins

EatChildren

Unrelated: I'm on a budget PS3 gaming binge. Should I pick Metal Gear Solid 4? It's like five bucks or so.

The first two acts are good then it turns to hot shit. It plays strong on nostalgia. Old Snake owns. Raiden is ruined. The dialogue gets progressively worse as the story drowns in full steam Kojima deep end nonsense. Many of the emotional notes are excessively long winded and laughably melodramatic like the worst anime. The soundtrack is great and most of the cutscenes are beautifully directed. It properly ends the Solid saga through and through. It has cutscenes that last like 40 minutes to an hour before you get to play.

*shrug*

Fluvian

Banned
Nope, just proud to be British. I love my English blood, sure, but we're the United Kingdom, not the Divided Kingdom.

I understand that, personally I like to say English because that gives people a better idea of who I am and what I'm probably like, also since all of the four countries have their own unique and mostly intertwined histories, I just feel it's important to keep these identities alive whilst also working together as a United Kingdom. Most of my Scottish and Welsh friends seem to feel the same.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe the dude stabbed himself to death did the cops even consider that

Risgroo

Lel. It is fucking up my iPad's performance, though. Ugh.

Unrelated: I'm on a budget PS3 gaming binge. Should I pick Metal Gear Solid 4? It's like five bucks or so.

While I actually like the game, it's probably not worth the 20-25 hours it takes to finish. There's a lot of good stuff there, but you have to sit through so many mediocre to terrible cutscenes and sequences to get to it.
Just play Revengeance instead, if you haven't already.

FloatOn

I adored MGS1 and I gave part 2 an honest shot but I got to a boss that was a fat guy on roller blades and it was too weird so I gave up.

Risgroo

aT7L78k.gif

3>Revengeance>>1>>>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5

Haven't played Twin Snakes :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom