• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Oh man, woke up to being cooked toStadas and quesitos.

Then it'll be time to go pick-up my little hellion from her friends.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
4:18am. Can't sleep. Need to be up at 7:40am. Living can go fuck itself right now.

if I dont make out with another human being soon I'm going to explode

913745.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
14368699_1370518396314116_1567163322142544745_n.jpg

Keep your sights on that golden garbage bag

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is it raining right now? If so, tune yourself out and focus on that.

No rain. I can hear birds awakening and cars as people begin their early commute. My brain is busted.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
lol. spot-on!
You can always rely on me for sage wisdom
stolen from others and posted as a meme

Also, BlogGAF: Despite a brief relapse (had a vodka tonic or two the other day) not drinking every other day or so has started to take hold on my brain, I think. I can think SO much more clearly, the cravings are mostly gone, everything feels "stable." I think cutting back was an awesome idea, at least for me, as I was pretty much a functional alcoholic.

Also, BlogGAF: Despite a brief relapse (had a vodka tonic or two the other day) not drinking every other day or so has started to take hold on my brain, I think. I can think SO much more clearly, the cravings are mostly gone, everything feels "stable." I think cutting back was an awesome idea, at least for me, as I was pretty much a functional alcoholic.

this makes me so happy. keep it up!

Halcyon

*Drinking White Russian*

Glad you're getting things under control.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I kinda just want to smash piss holes, man.

Nobody told me that I was going to have separation anxiety so bad. It's only been a week, ffs.

IHaveIce

Banned
Life is good pplz. I'm surprised myself how good I'm feeling these last weeks, haven't had much time for GAF or gaming but sometimes having a special person to talk to is way more important.

Though I also built a beast pc :))

Lea find a human being to make out asap.

Fluvian

Banned

Nice one mate, I was worried when you said you started drinking again but you've clearly got it under control. Keep it that way.

Life is good pplz. I'm surprised myself how good I'm feeling these last weeks, haven't had much time for GAF or gaming but sometimes having a special person to talk to is way more important.

How 😞😞 i don't know how you do it

jb1234

Trying to watch Stranger Things. The show itself is fine but the music makes me want to drink. It's formless, distracting and devoid of any interesting development. And yet, people are praising it to high heaven.

(It's also baffling. The show is trying so hard to conjure up that Spielberg 80s vibe yet forgets all those films had orchestral scores with memorable themes.)

Xiao Hu

Shut up and leave us grumpy people

FloatOn

I kinda just want to smash piss holes, man.

Nobody told me that I was going to have separation anxiety so bad. It's only been a week, ffs.

Those happy endorphins that happen while in a romantic relationship can be pretty addictive. Seems you are suffering withdrawal.

Dr.floaton says "for those in need of smashing pee holes but can't a good alternative is working out and/or having a fap"

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Trying to watch Stranger Things. The show itself is fine but the music makes me want to drink. It's formless, distracting and devoid of any interesting development. And yet, people are praising it to high heaven.

(It's also baffling. The show is trying so hard to conjure up that Spielberg 80s vibe yet forgets all those films had orchestral scores with memorable themes.)
But it has to be better than Super 8...right? RIGHT!?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Those happy endorphins that happen while in a romantic relationship can be pretty addictive. Seems you are suffering withdrawal.

Dr.floaton says "for those in need of smashing pee holes but can't a good alternative is working out and/or having a fap"
It's mostly the secs what I'm missing, tbh. I'm not a clingy person.

What about poop holes?
There's a time and place for everything. Alas, my assigned cinnamon ring is far away at the moment.

AcridMeat

Banned
This little girl rules.

You're not wrong. The music doesn't match up with the tone of the show, but I think that's partly why it may be getting praise.

While it is harping back to the 80's childhood stories, it doesn't use a stereotypical orchestral to maybe try to distinctly separate it, or show it's not from that era. I don't know, I do enjoy the soundtrack but I did feel the disconnect that you described.

jb1234

But it has to be better than Super 8...right? RIGHT!?

The music certainly isn't. Super 8 had a very good Giacchino score.

(Super 8 is one of those movies that starts out great and then shits the bed later on. Those always disappoint me the most because you can see their potential.)

You're not wrong. The music doesn't match up with the tone of the show, but I think that's partly why it may be getting praise.

While it is harping back to the 80's childhood stories, it doesn't use a stereotypical orchestral to maybe try to distinctly separate it, or show it's not from that era. I don't know, I do enjoy the soundtrack but I did feel the disconnect that you described.

I'll admit it's an interesting experiment but I simply can't praise the music for what it is. It doesn't have the things that I look for personally (like counterpoint, strong themes, unpredictable harmonic choices).

It's mostly the secs what I'm missing, tbh. I'm not a clingy person.

There's a time and place for everything. Alas, my assigned cinnamon ring is far away at the moment.

at least you have sex an a regular basis. it's normal to miss your gf but other than that you have no right to complain :,(

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think ST's music is fantastic and matches the tone of the show quite well.

It is not meant to be a slavish tribute to Spielberg complete with a stunning late-romantic and Wagneresque soundtrack, but 80's films in a more general sense. As such, there's a lot of love for schlockier movies and their wondrous synth-based muzak.

Fluvian

Banned
Don't worry trab, we have plenty of like-minded sexually frustrated people around here. At least I think so, people seem to be doing pretty well.

I recently temporarily gave up on sex due to my inability to find anyone to fuck, It honestly feels kinda great to just let go of that desire to be with someone, I just jack off and that's it, i'm honestly not even really thinking about sex, it's weird it kinda feels like I've secretly been a-sexual all this time.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My room is starting to look depressive with most stuff in boxes or bags. Not to the point of crying but memories are somewhat popping around.

I recently temporarily gave up on sex due to my inability to find anyone to fuck, It honestly feels kinda great to just let go of that desire to be with someone, I just jack off and that's it, i'm honestly not even really thinking about sex, it's weird it kinda feels like I've secretly been a-sexual all this time.

Yeah, too bad that's not going to happen for me.

zeemumu

Observing that you're single will stretch your perception of time and make it feel like you've been single for a lot longer than you actually have been. Makes it harder to cope. It's like looking at the clock when you're at work/in class/at the DMV. I've gotten to know most of you and you have a lot to offer. You'll find someone that you mesh with, just try not to let it occupy your thoughts.

Have a good day, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom