• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

I'm drinking from a juice box because it is the adult thing to do.

W9SKeHWl.jpg

that's not super unusual. Sometimes just a small taste is enough to satisfy your appetite. One of my friends is notorious for only using sample sizes at like frozen yogurt places or wherever because the full cup is more than he's in the mood for, and he's just curious what the new flavor tastes like.

I'm exactly the opposite. give me a good sample and I forever want moaarrr

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Finally watched Zootopia. Pixar tried.

Genuinely funny (all the DMV employees being sloths was brilliant) with way more relevant social commentary than I was expecting. Only thing I didn't like was Shakira's dumb song and Gazelle being the very definition of tacked on.
Zootopia wasn't pixar

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Put me in the insatiable lust hunger pile. Once I've had a bite the gluttony kicks in.

I'm going to bed. Bye.

FloatOn

I was serious. You are abrasively negative most of the time. That really isn't healthy.

well. if you were paying attention earlier I said that the summer of nihilism is over and I'm looking for a new philosophy to entertain.

I'm leaning towards stoicism rn but I'm open to more suggestions!

btw I hope your teeth pus is getting better :D

zeemumu

Inside out is one of my favorite movies ever so I'd disagree. But maybe the good dinosaur cancels that out lol

Yeah. That's why I said "right now" :p

Overall Pixar has more quality in those types of animated films, but currently disney is killing it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I just have a 4 cart MVS and a Hyper Neo GEO 64, but only 1 cabinet.

I kind of want a Supergun.

I'm going the MAME route. I'd love to own some actual boards down the line, but I'll probably end selling this cabinet and building a few more for my friends, so I kind of need the experience before going batshit with auctions, restorations, superguns, crummy JAMMA harnesses and whatnot.

Lucky me, I've stumbled upon no less than three free CRT sets in wonderful condition over the past months, so I should have no problems going for that authentic feel without resorting to filters. My only concern is that one of the remotes is busted (batteries decomposed inside of it, making a huge mess), so I'm buying one of these generic thingamajigs from Aliexpress. I mean, they cost less than €2.

Xiao Hu

If you ever have the chance watch some Soviet cartoons use it. Animations are superb and they were often truer to the source material like in the case of The Junglebook.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'd love to have a mame cab in my home. Or even a pinball machine.

I can see myself buying a pinball if I ever move out to a house or a bigger apartment. There are so many awesome classics. AC/DC, The Addams Family, Back to the Future, Dirty Harry, fukken Guns N' Roses, Indiana Jones, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Twilight Zone...

Fuck, I'd probably have my own arcade if I won the lotto.

If you ever have the chance watch some Soviet cartoons use it. Animations are superb and they were often truer to the source material like in the case of The Junglebook.
Their putty and puppet shows were the stuff of the nightmares, though.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot Theatre of fucking Magic. So. Many. Wasted. Coins.

Clydefrog

I've always wanted a pinball machine but those hunks of junk cost an arm and a leg.

Speaking of limbs, I sliced open my finger late last night. I was doing dishes, scrubbing a knife when my hand slipped and gashed my index finger pretty deep. I got out the hydrogen peroxide which said it expired in 2014? LOL that shit does not expire! Bubbly goodness commenced. Makeshift second bandage this morning still bleeding a bit. It's not worth the effort for a few stitches though. Get better soon finger :)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've always wanted a pinball machine but those hunks of junk cost an arm and a leg.

Speaking of limbs, I sliced open my finger late last night. I was doing dishes, scrubbing a knife when my hand slipped and gashed my index finger pretty deep. I got out the hydrogen peroxide which said it expired in 2014? LOL that shit does not expire! Bubbly goodness commenced. Makeshift second bandage this morning still bleeding a bit. It's not worth the effort for a few stitches though. Get better soon finger :)

It's not that they are expensive; they are hard as hell to repair and restore. That's why some crazy folks are moving towards virtual pinballs using large LCD displays (which I don't get, but to each their own).

Sorry about your finger, btw. I hope you didn't bust one of your knuckles. Those fuckers itch like mad after a cut.

FloatOn

just had lunch and now I want a nap.

I think the culture here at work would improve if we were allowed post lunch naps. or PLN as I like to call them.

Xiao Hu

Ok, I know this might sound entitled and blablabla. But holy fuck, screw those people who can't be fucking bothered to respond to your messages despite obviously being online and shit. What kind of 'friendship' is this?! 😡

Clydefrog

It's not that they are expensive; they are hard as hell to repair and restore. That's why some crazy folks are moving towards virtual pinballs using large LCD displays (which I don't get, but to each their own).

Sorry about your finger, btw. I hope you didn't bust one of your knuckles. Those fuckers itch like mad after a cut.

Yeah I hope that's not the case but it has been itching like a mofo all morning

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Pinball is so expensive. I would love to have my own table, but I'll stick to Alien and Devil Crush on my PCE

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Alien and Devil's Crush are my jam. I remember seeing the first screens in a magazine back when I was a pubescent nerd and flipping the fuck out. The Turbografx was godly. Too bad it was never that popular out of Japan.

And pinballs are indeed expensive like motherfuckers. Virtual ones even more so. I see them retail brand new for over €4000, and it's not like they are packing top of the line computers nor anything like that. I really feel like there's a market for them, but I'll be damned if I wish to risk bankrupcy chasing it. A new dot matrix display with its controller goes for stupid money like €300 or so. Madness.

Edit: Over $5000 for a wide body. That's fuck off money.

MutFox

Banned
Bleh, tomorrow I start work at 5:30am and go to about 8 or 9pm...
Then also work Sat and Sun...

All this just to cover the stupid Royal family... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom