• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I know this might sound entitled and blablabla. But holy fuck, screw those people who can't be fucking bothered to respond to your messages despite obviously being online and shit. What kind of 'friendship' is this?! 😡
Sorry for being such a pedant, but there's a difference between being entitled and merely acting or pretending to be entitled. For example there's a legal document that entitles me to my parents' house whenever I I turn thirty or get married (whichever occurs first), and also in general we consider everyone to be entitled to fair, humane treatment. But it's up in the air whether you're entitled to your friends' attention or not ;)

I would say they're not being good friends and personally I do my best to get back to people ASAP, but you never know what someone else is going through. Or maybe they're just bad at responding to everyone. My sister can be like that.

Zero²

Booooooooooooooooo!
princess_bride_boo.jpg

Xiao Hu

Sorry for being such a pedant, but there's a difference between being entitled and merely acting or pretending to be entitled. For example there's a legal document that entitles me to my parents' house whenever I I turn thirty or get married (whichever occurs first), and also in general we consider everyone to be entitled to fair, humane treatment. But it's up in the air whether you're entitled to your friends' attention or not ;)

I would say they're not being good friends and personally I do my best to get back to people ASAP, but you never know what someone else is going through. Or maybe they're just bad at responding to everyone. My sister can be like that.

Well if she responds at all it's always in one-liners or really brief. We used to have nice chats when we spent time together in Shanghai but at some point she started to act more distant to me. I feel regret that I didn't live at the dormitories like almost everybody else from Fudan despite having met really nice people through my flatmates (and actually having the best fucking view over Shanghai, hands down). That being said, I would trade you for 100 of those so called friends to be honest...

Well if she responds at all it's always in one-liners or really brief. We used to have nice chats when we spent time together in Shanghai but at some point she started to act more distant to me. I feel regret that I didn't live at the dormitories like almost everybody else from Fudan despite having met really nice people through my flatmates (and actually having the best fucking view over Shanghai, hands down). That being said, I would trade you for 100 of those so called friends to be honest...
It sounds like she's mostly moved on. At this point I would let her approach you instead and if that never happens then she's just over whatever there was between you :(

Fluvian

Banned
Bleh, tomorrow I start work at 5:30am and go to about 8 or 9pm...
Then also work Sat and Sun...

All this just to cover the stupid Royal family... :|

As a Brit I would like to personally apologise to you for inflicting our bullshit outdated monarchy on you. Most people don't care or like them, some people like to claim their good for our economy but the public land the queen owns is worth something like ten times the amount the RF pull in and it's just sitting there doing nothing because that old cunt hordes it whilst she sits around all day watching countdown.

Halcyon

Off topic is like a fucking powder keg right now.

I'm in Twitter now because they are streaming NFL games and the Pats play tonight. I'm making(aka my wifes making) chili cheese fries and little smoked wieners. A Thursday that doesn't seem like it's going to suck. Yay

FloatOn

Man I was thinking about what Holly said earlier... I feel a bit judged. But you know maybe there is some truth in judgment. "Abrasively negative" is a pretty severe indictment and so I apologize for coming off that way. I'm going through some pretty serious things as some of you may know but still that's no excuse for bad behavior. I'll do my best to keep myself more positive around here. Or I'll just fake it till I make it.

Zero²

Man I was thinking about what Holly said earlier... I feel a bit judged. But you know maybe there is some truth in judgment. "Abrasively negative" is a pretty severe indictment and so I apologize for coming off that way. I'm going through some pretty serious things as some of you may know but still that's no excuse for bad behavior. I'll do my best to keep myself more positive around here. Or I'll just fake it till I make it.
I dont know what's going on, I can relate with being too emotional and the effects it has on relationships with people. I'm not negative tho, just overly melancholic. Guess it's a feeling that makes sense to me, more times than not.
Now does that bring me trouble? Yes. Am I melancholic all the time? No.
My whole life is a quest for balance while not losing my intensity. Guess it's one of the perks of being an emotional introvert.

started watching Mr. Robot since it kept coming up here. not 100% convinced after the first episode tbh. but already in love with qtπ rami malek

MutFox

Banned
As a Brit I would like to personally apologise to you for inflicting our bullshit outdated monarchy on you. Most people don't care or like them, some people like to claim their good for our economy but the public land the queen owns is worth something like ten times the amount the RF pull in and it's just sitting there doing nothing because that old cunt hordes it whilst she sits around all day watching countdown.

Hopefully it's good for the resume...
Really the only reason I accepted it.

Had to do a crazy amount of background checks for it though. :|

Misha

Banned
The main thing you do is that someone will talk about how they like something and then you'll inmediately say how it's no good.

It's definitely something I purposely try to stop myself from doing cause it's really pointless since it only really creates conflict. There's a time for discussion and criticism and there's a time to just let someone mention how they enjoy something. Definitely can take some effort to recognize those times tho

jb1234

You can come off as angry and bitter. The reasons why are understandable but at a certain point, you have to face those emotions because they're not healthy, for you or for others. She called me out a while back too and after contemplation, I concluded there was a grain of truth there and I decided I could do better.

FloatOn

They are all pretty, but Darlene is filth.

I'm not sure how I feel about this vernacular but I agree with the general sentiment

darlene-mr-robot.jpg

I mean.... whew

The main thing you do is that someone will talk about how they like something and then you'll inmediately say how it's no good.

It's definitely something I purposely try to stop myself from doing cause it's really pointless since it only really creates conflict. There's a time for discussion and criticism and there's a time to just let someone mention how they enjoy something. Definitely can take some effort to recognize those times tho

If I may offer an explanation on that.... I mainly just rile people up because I'm just genuinely curious as to why they like such a thing. I've yet to build a rapport with most of you and this is my weird way of doing that. I realize it may not be the best method for doing such a thing.

You can come off as angry and bitter. The reasons why are understandable but at a certain point, you have to face those emotions because they're not healthy, for you or for others. She called me out a while back too and after contemplation, I concluded there was a grain of truth there and I decided I could do better.

yeah.. logically I understand it's unfair to shit on the concept of romantic relationships because it can and does work for many many people. But all I can do is speak from my own experience which isn't the best. Maybe one day when I find myself romantically entangled I won't come off this way.

Or I could just shut my damn mouth on the subject and be happy for those that have happiness.

I'm not sure how I feel about this vernacular but I agree with the general sentiment

darlene-mr-robot.jpg

I mean.... whew

If I may offer an explanation on that.... I mainly just rile people up because I'm just genuinely curious as to why they like such a thing. I've yet to build a rapport with most of you and this is my weird way of doing that. I realize it may not be the best method for doing such a thing.

yeah.. logically I understand it's unfair to shit on the concept of romantic relationships because it can and does work for many many people. But all I can do is speak from my own experience which isn't the best. Maybe one day when I find myself romantically entangled I won't come off this way.

Or I could just shut my damn mouth on the subject and be happy for those that have happiness.

wait I'm confused....filth is bad right? but she's super pretty?

Darlene is gorgeous. And Angela? Lordt.

Also just found out that Rami has an identical twin.

Beards are great!

cuteness overload

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Darlene is gorgeous. And Angela? Lordt.
Too cute. Although I'm not a fan of her current storyline (I'm on S2E4, not sure if things change later on).

Am I missing something or is everybody dancing around mentioning Joanna Wellick on purpose?
She's very easily the hottest thing on TV, but I can't deal with crazy. And by God, she's full on psycho.

wait I'm confused....filth is bad right? but she's super pretty?

Filth as in "she inspires the filthiest thoughts". If I were to put in words the things I'd do with her I'd have to stop being a mod.

Off topic is like a fucking powder keg right now.

I'm in Twitter now because they are streaming NFL games and the Pats play tonight. I'm making(aka my wifes making) chili cheese fries and little smoked wieners. A Thursday that doesn't seem like it's going to suck. Yay

My flight chief is a Texans fan so I might get in trouble tonight lol

Jobbs

Banned
No one cares that you guys want to to filthy things to people on tv. If you want to over share at least make it about something real or interesting

Imo

FloatOn

No one cares that you guys want to to filthy things to people on tv. If you want to over share at least make it about something real or interesting

Imo

Noted :)

Don't pretend this is the first time someone had lusted over a celebrity in this thread tho.

ADC

jb1234

*thirty minutes on hold*

"I'm sorry but you'll have to talk to these people."

*twenty minutes on hold*

"I'm sorry but you'll have to talk to these people."

*gets ready to spend more time on hold and bites his lip to keep from screaming*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom