• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
here is some reasons why I feel good about voting for her:

1) she's about raising the minimum wage
2) she's about making college free (thanks bernie)
3) she is about clean energy and creating clean energy related jobs
4) she's about criminal justice reform
5) she is about mending community and police relations
Plus the return of you know who.

1184892.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im keeping my jungle slightly trimmed but never go extinct. I dont care if it makes it look bigger it just looks terrible.

Fluvian

Banned
Well my brother completely messed up my window and made it impossible to close properly, I just got done taping it up with duct tape, looks DIY as fuck but if it works it works, not keeping the cold out though but that's fine by me, I love a nice chilly bedroom, makes snuggling into my blanket that much more satisfying.

zeemumu

Halloween Horror Nights tomorrow night. I'm pretty excited :)

Going through most of the horror stuff already and it isn't even October yet. Might've jumped the gun there. But it's Fall and I'm hyped.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I bought a new TV. Will be here Monday. Get ready to be left in my 4K HDR
while still on a budget 43 inch
dust, plebs!

Halloween Horror Nights tomorrow night. I'm pretty excited :)

Going through most of the horror stuff already and it isn't even October yet. Might've jumped the gun there. But it's Fall and I'm hyped.

I looked at what they have this year. Not so exciting. The entire park is only one Scare Zone.

Still. Upset I'm not going.

zeemumu

I looked at what they have this year. Not so exciting. The entire park is only one Scare Zone.

Still. Upset I'm not going.

Eh, I don't go for the Scare Zones (granted their Purge: Anarchy scarezone a few years back was pretty sick). I go to be able to walk through horror movies. I'm pretty interested to see what they do for Freddy vs. Jason and Krampus. My expectations for a movie studio with the budget for special effects is somewhat higher in terms of setpieces.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Man, Toshinden 2 has some awesome character art.

duke-white.jpg

Duke is my man. I've never even played this game and I just know

I thought it was memorable.
I haven't beaten it yet, and it's not that it's difficult; it's the mechanic they added involving Katherine. I've had to redo it several times, so I was starting to get annoyed because they just threw some new thing in at the end like that.

SolVanderlyn

I approve of all flannel shirts.

Battle Arena Toshinden sucked arse.
It sure seemed like it did, which is why I never played it. The art and music (that I am just now discovering) are cool though

Eh, I don't go for the Scare Zones (granted their Purge: Anarchy scarezone a few years back was pretty sick). I go to be able to walk through horror movies. I'm pretty interested to see what they do for Freddy vs. Jason and Krampus. My expectations for a movie studio with the budget for special effects is somewhat higher in terms of setpieces.

Halloween Horror Nights are always on point production wise.

SolVanderlyn

Game aged poorly. Bloody Roar aged decently in terms of fun at least but no one plays that lol
Bloody Roar is my jam. I used to organize tournaments for it all the time.

Vazra

Yeah, Bloody Roar gets a pass, up until the third when it went to shit.

Primal Fury is fine, Extreme which is the same but with CG replacing the anime cutscenes was weird and 4 I dont know what the fuck they tried to do there but I think Konami was already in the house there fucking shit up. 3 vanilla is the worst of the bunch.

SolVanderlyn

I lost interest after 3, yeah.

Vazra

At the time I definitely preferred 2, but in hindsight they threw too much in it.

The specials are not that good, they oversimplified some mechanics, the stage gimmicks are not fun and the stages themselves were not that fun to play with even if the gimmicks were off by design. PS shines more on 1 Vs 1 combat and by the mechanics 1 had that were removed in 2 to make it work for 4 players.

Power Stone 1 still shits on Smash Bros by the way.

SolVanderlyn

Dreamcast games had a certain feel to them most modern games don't capture. Power Stone, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, even Sonic Adventure. It really was a unique system. Now it's always Nintendo and the two almost-same competitors.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't romanticized the Dreamcast at all. I mostly look back at those games as janky, ugly, poorly aged early 3D. The controller blew, too.

SolVanderlyn

No way. Dreamcast is when 3D started to look good. 3D games looked like shit on psx and n64
^^^

And I say this as someone who romanticizes those too

Dreamcast games had a certain feel to them most modern games don't capture. Power Stone, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, even Sonic Adventure. It really was a unique system. Now it's always Nintendo and the two almost-same competitors.

I see the spirit of Dreamcast games in some of the upcoming indie games tbh

SolVanderlyn

Dreamcast controller was some nonsense but that VMU idea was dope

This game looks awesome

Also has anime-Dragonz in it

ss_70500ca120bcf6b91bee10afb5c2b799155ab2dd.1920x1080_thumb.jpg

FUME5

Off the top of my head (and a quick look at a list), best Dreamcast games:

Phantasy Star Online
Alien Front Online
Jet Grind Radio
Powerstone
Bangai-O
Skies of Arcadia
Shenmue
Cannon Spike (I would love a remake of this with twin stick controls)
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Spawn: Demons Hand (again, love a remake with twins stick controls, although nostalgia may be getting the better of me here)
Virtual ON
Dino Crisis
Nightmare Creatures 2
Dynamite Cop
Berserk
Omikron
Evolution
Project Justice
Quake 3 Arena
Tech Romancer
Lodoss War
Code Veronica
Sega Bass Fishing (I have no idea why I liked that game so much, it's not like I fish)

......I think that about covers it.

EDIT

Yeah, picked up Shock Troopers 1 & 2 in the last Neo Geo bundle, they're pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom