• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dreamcast controller might be shit but not as shit as the original xbox controller.

oh god the horror!

we had three dukes and only two S controllers. My older brother thought, since he was the oldest, that he should get first pick of the litter. Never mind that his hands were better suited to the duke than anyone else'. Eventually we just stopped playing games with three or more people on that console.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I still haven't played a Dreamcast a single time in my life. I always wanted one though.

Man I hated this thing. The smaller ones they came out with were so much better.

Lol and the black and white button trying to be like the PS2 L2 and R2 buttons but not wanting to look like a rip off they just made them face buttons was perhaps some of the dumbest shit on design. Still got some good memories of the original xbox. Otogi, DOA, Phantom Dust and Phantom Crash come to mind.

Lol and the black and white button trying to be like the PS2 L2 and R2 buttons but not wanting to look like a rip off they just made them face buttons was perhaps some of the dumbest shit on design. Still got some good memories of the original xbox. Otogi, DOA, Phantom Dust and Phantom Crash come to mind.
I played a lot of Halo 2 and DoA back then. Multiple Xboxes and a bunch of controllers made for some great fun.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
All the nostalgia in this thread has my thumbs up of approval.

5ahsE8u.jpg

Edit: Except Float, wtf man

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait until this election is over and everybody can go back to being friends again. :(

obamaclinton_hug_was_a_perfect_reason_for_intense_photoshop_battle_640_44.jpg

They used to be best friends until Barack slept with Hillary, even after Donald told Barack that HE liked Hilary, so when Barack endorsed Hilary for student body president, Donald was so hurt that he decided to run against her even though she cared more about it.

I have no love for n64. I think Mario 64 and ocarina of time were garbage.
I really didn't care for Mario 64 and Zelda, but I loved a lot of the other games. Goldeneye, Rogue Squadron, Starfox, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Party, Paper Mario, 1080 Snowboarding, Wave Race, Pilot Wings, the Cruisin' games, Pokémon Snap, and Mario Kart were played a ton.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Diddy Kong Racing > Mario Kart 64
Conker > Banjo Kazooie > Mario 64

Come at me.
Never played Conker, but the rest is true.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Diddy Kong Racing > Mario Kart 64
Conker > Banjo Kazooie > Mario 64

Come at me.
I would go

Mario 64>Conker>DKR>MK64. BK was just too much bullshit collectathon gaming that plagued that era. I hate it and DK64 passionately.

But there is so much to love on the N64. OoT, Majora, Blast Corps, JFG, Flying Dragon, Smash, etc.

SolVanderlyn

Happy birthday Marrec!

^^ I like BK a ton, and used to love DK64, but trying to replay DK64 is painful now with how collect-y it is. It's like every collectathon game ever made rolled into a single game on roids.

Vazra

Never played Conker, but the rest is true.

Mario 64 has better controllers but Conker is more memorable with the stages and references. Also did Matrix slow mo before Max Payne even if context sensitive style.

I would go

Mario 64>Conker>DKR>MK64. BK was just too much bullshit collectathon gaming that plagued that era. I hate it and DK64 passionately.

But there is so much to love on the N64. OoT, Majora, Blast Corps, JFG, Flying Dragon, Smash, etc.

Jet Force Gemini aged terribly :(

Always wanted to play Flying Dragon but never got it.

FUME5

I enjoyed it at the time, but it was yet another Nintendo console I sold before it's lifecycle was over due to a dearth of content and not giving a shit about most of Nintendo's first party stuff.

Ceallach

I enjoyed it at the time, but it was yet another Nintendo console I sold before it's lifecycle was over due to a dearth of content and not giving a shit about most of Nintendo's first party stuff.
Well it was probably the worst in that regards. N64 had a smaller library than even the Wii U.

FUME5

Well it was probably the worst in that regards. N64 had a smaller library than even the Wii U.

Yeah, I didn't regret it.

I did briefly regret selling the Gamecube when RE4 first came out, but I just rented one and clocked it over the weekend.

EDIT

Just had a look at the numbers, 296 released for N64, 733 for WiiU with 297 of them exclusive, of that 297, 244 are download only. Christ.

Jet Force Gemini aged terribly :(

Fired it up when I bought Rare Replay, did not remember it being anywhere near that bad to play, turned it off after 5 minutes.

Ceallach

Yeah, I didn't regret it.

I did briefly regret selling the Gamecube when RE4 first came out, but I just rented one and clocked it over the weekend.

EDIT

Just had a look at the numbers, 296 released for N64, 733 for WiiU with 297 of them exclusive, of that 297, 244 are download only. Christ.
y

Fired it up when I bought Rare Replay, did not remember it being anywhere near that bad to play, turned it off after 5 minutes.
All of the N64 games on RR are better on the 64. The controls schemes are fucked on the Xbox

SolVanderlyn

N64, Dreamcast, OG XBox. Three generations of extremely shitty controllers. In a row.

FloatOn

My love for dreamcast is mainly tied to all the fun local multiplayer games. I remember so many long nights of

Tony hawk
Quake 3
Worms world party
Chuchu rocket
Bomberman

and so on... it really was a magical console that came at exactly the right time in my life

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
tofu katsu curry to numb the pain of managing a 50 client caseload today all by myself fuuuuuuuuuuck

what cha'll eatin'

It's a decent, bizarre controller.

It is nowhere near something like the 5200, intellivision, or even xbox fattie.
Of those, I've only used the Xbox controller, so I have no opinion on the other two, but I'd take the Duke over the 64 controller every time when given the choice.

Vazra

The 64 controller worked well for what I needed it to do at the time and the handles were oddly comfortable for me.

Ceallach

See I can use the N64 controller. It's comfortable and it works well with the games designed around it.

The Duke is uncomfortable, the buttons have ano awful texture and I literally can't reach things I actually need to reach on it

Vazra

See I can use the N64 controller. It's comfortable and it works well with the games designed around it.

The Duke is uncomfortable, the buttons have ano awful texture and I literally can't reach things I actually need to reach on it

The black and white buttons also you had to press them hard sometimes because they were poorly placed. Later versions somewhat fixed that but still uncomfortable as fuck.

Ceallach

People who say that don't know what realtor trash consoles are. Go try a Game.com, or a 5200, or a Jaguar.

N64 has some absolute must plays.

Pau

My faves:
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Paper Mario
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Pokemon Snap
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2
Chameleon Twist

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Space Station Silicon Valley.

Jobbs

Banned
The Xbox one interface is literally the worst thing ever. I don't know how supposed professionals could make something this unintuitive, incomprehensible, and sluggish unless they were trying to do so. It's at once overcomplicated and lacking information. It is physically painful to use.

FUME5

h86964AAD

I mean, really?

The Xbox one interface is literally the worst thing ever. I don't know how supposed professionals could make something this unintuitive, incomprehensible, and sluggish unless they were trying to do so. It's at once overcomplicated and lacking information. It is physically painful to use.

The PS4 menu isn't a whole lot better.

It's amazing how much they both managed to fuck up what you would assume are the simple things that they would have had a lot of usability data on.

yeah I miss the XMB. The PS4 menu isn't as terribad as the XB1 menu but it's still a significant downgrade. Also 99% of the time that sort of boob animation is made by and for people who don't know how breasts really work, so I just kind of shrug and let them be wrong if it pleases them.

today I waited undressed in the bathroom for just over an hour because my friend called me and I never felt like there was a good opening to say hey, by the way, you caught me right as I was climbing into the shower. Good thing nobody else needed this bathroom haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom