• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember liking Lindsay's Phantom analysis.

Oh, I did! I just don't remember it now that I'm trying to recall it. Aside from diegetic stuff, but everybody knows that, of course. Diegetic. Diegetic? Diegetic!

I also don't remember where I learned that word for the first time. I want to say 'sociology something', but that can't be true. Maybe a Steven Johnson book. I did not learn it from a writing book, which is kind of odd if you think about it.

... eh.
Oh, and that Gerard Butler's plays the phantom. "wuuut"

edit: see previous page, last post for Pau's reply to you thirsty bastards. Sorry to steal that thunder.

Jobbs

Banned
Thanks you guys! :D

Looking at how some others have done it, they don't quite go so far with the eyeshadow. But I wanted to play around with it a bit since I don't wear it in everyday life and it's part of the fun of dressing up! I'll post picks of the next make up test whenever we do it and you guys can see how it compares. And hopefully by then I'll have more of the costume. Excited because this will be the first cosplay I don't cover my face. :p

I did my gf's makeup the other day (and did a pretty good job IMO)

so when I say I'm missing all the fun I kinda mean it haha. I should be brought on as a consultant next time :D

Pau

Oh, I did! I just don't remember it now that I'm trying to recall it. Aside from diegetic stuff, but everybody knows that, of course. Diegetic. Diegetic? Diegetic!

I also don't remember where I learned that word for the first time. I want to say 'sociology something', but that can't be true. Maybe a Steven Johnson book. I did not learn it from a writing book, which is kind of odd if you think about it.

... eh.
Oh, and that Gerard Butler's plays the phantom. "wuuut"

edit: see previous page, last post for Pau's reply to you thirsty bastards. Sorry to steal that thunder.
I saw the Phantom of the Opera movie before I heard or saw the play so I was a little obsessed with it in middle school. It was my first time seeing Gerald Butler and I thought he was hot. (Nowadays not so much...) I still don't think I've heard a Phantom I like but I've only heard a few admittedly. Kark makes a good Phantom actually. (And has the same name.) I keep trying to get him to dress up as him for Halloween.

And no worries, I posted it towards the bottom for a reason! :p

I did my gf's makeup the other day (and did a pretty good job IMO)

so when I say I'm missing all the fun I kinda mean it haha. I should be brought on as a consultant next time :D
Did she like how it came out? :3

And sure, you're always welcome to drive over to NYC to help out with costume stuff! Or you can let me know what you think once I start posting more pics to compare with the full costume. :p

Actually, if I ever land a really comfy job I can hire you as my full time make up artist. And hair stylist? I hate doing my own make up and hair.

so like

I'm 29 in 12 minutes
Happy birthday! Hope you have a nice glass of coke nearby to celebrate!

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Hbd!

I turned 27 on July 4th. I'm applying for retirement already.
Boy, would that be sweet.

107523.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
29!? I'll start digging the grave.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Thank you for the birthday wishes, everyone! And thank you for digging the grave, Sol, but please don't put me inside it yet!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Big thunder outside. I'm scared. Hold me.

Jobbs

Banned
Happy birthday jeff! fuckyoureold.gif

I'm older

Did she like how it came out? :3

And sure, you're always welcome to drive over to NYC to help out with costume stuff! Or you can let me know what you think once I start posting more pics to compare with the full costume. :p

Actually, if I ever land a really comfy job I can hire you as my full time make up artist. And hair stylist? I hate doing my own make up and hair.

sounds good :D

she was impressed, but she already knew I'm kinda good at this stuff so it wasn't a huge shock at this point :D

it was a heavier look than I'd normally go for (I like natural looks) but I was having fun hehe

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Ohio. But it's been pretty miserable here the past week. Nearly 90% humidity. Mid 80s for the temps. So awful.

'Tis been bad here where I currently am in Illinois as well. The mugginess would drive me even further nutso if I didn't know Tampa Bay, FL (where I grew up for the most part) is at 100% humidity pretty much 24 hours a day. The 90% here is still almost as bad though.

Pau

I hate that female superhero costumes include heels. But even more I hate that heels look so much better than comfortable shoes. Doesn't help that shoes can get really expensive. Not sure what I'll do for the costume.

Have some stomach thing going on. Hope I don't die!

Just had this a couple weeks ago too!

#Pray
Maybe it's something you're eating?

Jobbs

Banned
I hate that female superhero costumes include heels. But even more I hate that heels look so much better than comfortable shoes. Doesn't help that shoes can get really expensive. Not sure what I'll do for the costume.

Maybe it's something you're eating?

You'd think that was it but I eat so boring and routine ... It's hard to imagine what it would be

My gf is playing don't starve and it's cute :3

Tu es trop maladement.

Je prie pour toi.

SolVanderlyn

Thunder's gone. You're all right, thunderstorms are kinda cool. I'm home alone at night, though.

Random aside. I REALLY love this bird, and this gif.

tumblr_inline_o9v3e7jzKH1qga8mn_500.gif

Jobbs

Banned
@pau what character is this cosplay of, again?

also I wouldn't suggest anyone use my preferences for their style choices but as a point of curiosity I've always wondered why heels seem to drive most guys crazy but have no effect on me

Pau

Scarlet Pau :O

*thumbs up*
Thanks. :3

@pau what character is this cosplay of, again?

also I wouldn't suggest anyone use my preferences for their style choices but as a point of curiosity I've always wondered why heels seem to drive most guys crazy but have no effect on me
Scarlet Witch. Comic version.

Heels help your legs look longer and your but look nicer. I have short legs and no butt so I need all the help I can get. ;-;

Jobbs

Banned
Thanks. :3

Scarlet Witch. Comic version.

Heels help your legs look longer and your but look nicer. I have short legs and no butt so I need all the help I can get. ;-;

ohhh okay! I like scarlet witch. this should be great ♥

and that's cool. I can see that. :D I just think it looks so impractical. I'd be scared to walk in them. :O what if I have to fight suddenly? or run for my life? or both?

edit also just read that your old doggie has waning health :( sorry. I went through something like this a few years ago and was so saddened by it that I never got another dog

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Probably a combination of a few things. Physically they give the illusion of longer legs, and the forced curvature of the hell improves the shapeliness of your butt. I also suspect that they convey the image of walking on your toes which, like ballet, can be perceived as elegant and a desirable trait in women for some men.

Pau

ohhh okay! I like scarlet witch. this should be great ♥

and that's cool. I can see that. :D I just think it looks so impractical. I'd be scared to walk in them. :O what if I have to fight suddenly? or run for my life? or both?

edit also just read that your old doggie has waning health :( sorry. I went through something like this a few years ago and was so saddened by it that I never got another dog
They aren't too bad if you don't have to walk everywhere in them like I do in NYC. In Miami I would sometimes wear heels and it was fine. But for a con I'll be at a whole day? D:

And thank you. Like I said, we've been lucky to have him for as long as we have. The past two years I've tried to like come to terms with it and force myself into thinking about the reality. Mostly it just leads to crying in bed at night. He has such a strong personality and presence. It's hard to imagine my parent's home without him.

Pups should live forever.

Thunder's gone. You're all right, thunderstorms are kinda cool. I'm home alone at night, though.

Random aside. I REALLY love this bird, and this gif.

tumblr_inline_o9v3e7jzKH1qga8mn_500.gif

At our place in Hawaii, there's a family of three Night Herons that fish in the pond.

At the mini-lake by our house, we have one. They caw exactly like they look. Death shrills.

Leona doing god's work.

There was a cute Korean girl once in college who came to class wth a mini Band-Aid on her forehead.

I jokingly asked her after class what she was trying to hide, and she said it was a popped pimple that she was covering up.

I replied that her skin was so beautiful that if I could, I'd skin it and wear it like Leatherface.

I'm not sure if she got the reference, but she laughed and we amicably parted ways to our respective next classes.

About 15 seconds later, as the realization set in, I felt the strong urge to jump off a roof.

AcridMeat

Banned
Welp I Just Had Sex came on shuffle right after sex. I think we've transcended.

Started watching Stranger Things, first two episodes. I'm quite enjoying it and that soundtrack is superb so far.
Hibachi for lunch, and can I just Chris Cornell has the sexiest voice of all time. Pretty noose on the radio got me all tingly
Catching up on thread, and yeah Cornell is forever ingrained in my brain. We were blaring some Mad Season today though while driving from a park to the speakeasy.

That trio of Weiland, Cornell, and Staley is just something else. Never got too huge on Pearl Jam though for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom