• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Heisenberg

I see what you did there.

w8i6ho2.gif

Jobbs

Banned
Trying to animate someone sitting then standing up is harder than like punching and kicking and killing

the mundane animations are the hardest :(

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Trying to animate someone sitting then standing up is harder than like punching and kicking and killing

the mundane animations are the hardest :(
Let's me know when you get put on medication to stop the nightmares about stuff you've animated.

Also congrats Emily, so you are totally qualified now?

*sees name list*
Oh, I'm pitching that Detective Akuma to a studio someday.

Nothing like a noir movie with this guy:

100025-117002-akuma.jpg

Just put a raincoat and a hat on there, and let's go RAGING DEMON

sf4-akuma_wrath-of-raging-demon.png

Crime solved, perp dead.

Though a spec with an actual demon detective could be fun, if that wasn't already cliché by now.

yes that is very nicely done :)

I've done them too, I've done all sorts of animations, I just like to complain :)
Oh haha. I actually really like doing mundane animations, idle stances and whatnot, but maybe that's because I like animating in general and I don't have to use Photoshop.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh haha. I actually really like doing mundane animations, idle stances and whatnot, but maybe that's because I like animating in general and I don't have to use Photoshop.

Laying to standing I did ages ago

And yeah, it depends on the circumstance. Some can be nice. Basic idle animations, for example, are typically pretty fun, or anything that doesn't involve too many frames that need a lot of custom work (custom work meaning poses that are hard to create just from one of the previous basic poses). My way of animating is a mix of manipulation and traditional, and the specifics vary a bit from unit to unit. I wing it to some degree with each new design.

Next time, obviously, I'm planning to use Spine 2D.

Speaking of next time, I've been having ideas about something entirely new I'd like to do. Something relatively short and sweet with high production values as opposed to another sprawling mess. I think a really well done, short game could be perfectly successful (since according to my friend in the biz, most people only play the first hour or two of any game anyway -- and then act as if they played the whole thing).

Just leave a big impression -- and get in and get out. Go for maximum buckbang (from the dev standpoint).

Fluvian

Banned
Just watched the movie enemy, no ending to a film ever has scared the living fucking shit out of me like that, what's creepier is how Jake Gyllenhal's character reacts to it, he doesn't act even slightly surprised.
The fan theories about what everything in it means are insane.

FloatOn

Just watched the movie enemy, no ending to a film ever has scared the living fucking shit out of me like that, what's creepier is how Jake Gyllenhal's character reacts to it, he doesn't act even slightly surprised.
The fan theories about what everything in it means are insane.

Good movie!

Fluvian

Banned
Good movie!

Yeah it's good, it's making more sense reading these theories.
Theory one it's a remake of invasion of the body snatchers but with giant spiders
Theory two all the spiders represent women
Theory three the spiders webs represent how Jakes character feels tangled in a life he doesn't want.
Fascinating film.

Laying to standing I did ages ago

And yeah, it depends on the circumstance. Some can be nice. Basic idle animations, for example, are typically pretty fun, or anything that doesn't involve too many frames that need a lot of custom work (custom work meaning poses that are hard to create just from one of the previous basic poses). My way of animating is a mix of manipulation and traditional, and the specifics vary a bit from unit to unit. I wing it to some degree with each new design.

Next time, obviously, I'm planning to use Spine 2D.

Speaking of next time, I've been having ideas about something entirely new I'd like to do. Something relatively short and sweet with high production values as opposed to another sprawling mess. I think a really well done, short game could be perfectly successful (since according to my friend in the biz, most people only play the first hour or two of any game anyway -- and then act as if they played the whole thing).

Just leave a big impression -- and get in and get out. Go for maximum buckbang (from the dev standpoint).

I have mixed feelings about that approach, and I don't know how to resolve it. I mean it's probably largely true, but then there are definitely people who are going to complain that the game wasn't longer whether they were going to play that extra or not.

I jumped into Headlander last month hoping for it to take my whole weekend, but then I ended up only spending one evening with it and getting about a third of the way through the game. I really like the game a lot, regardless of if I ever finish it, and I feel like there's a good value proposition there. But then you have something like Oxenfree which I've played in its entirety four times now, and spent several hours trawling the GAF and reddit threads, because I wanted more than just the short experience there.

Maybe part of it's a grass is greener thing, but then Guacamelee feels like exactly the right length to me. Also, I've played through Alice: Madness Returns three times and that's a game where most people would agree it's too long.

So I guess the take away is find what works for you, but there's not a one-size fits all solution.

I quit my job earlier today.

I feel a sense of relief because now I don't have to rack my brain with questions on why I can't handle being a janitor at bar and grill

But simultaneously I feel like I damned myself to a whole course of anxiety about if I handle any job

It sucks to be autistic.

what's that supposed to mean?!

I said I don't even have a bush! although I actually have some chinese genes so who knows what might happen if I ever decide to let it grow

___
anyway y'all can back off because I'm lovely pretty-girl!
agGgDxv_700b_v1.jpg

jobbs I already did yours, you're masked bride :eek: that sounds super cool

I'am Chibi Monster

FUCK YOU, CHART! YOU AIN'T MY REAL MOM!

Hey Jobbs, do me a giant favour and make sure you get a good enough amount of sleep

I just read that the RainWorld developers are working off 3 hours of goddamn sleep

That's terrifying in every way.

zeemumu

Random guy ran into the back of my dad's car on the freeway. It's all fucked up. I guess now is a good time to mention that I accidentally left a small scratch on the rear bumper when I accidentally bumped it with the dryer door in the garage when I was taking out my laundry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom