• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. Well played, Sox. I'm hoping the Hawks take game 7. No love for the Queens whatsoever. Damn man, I remember us talking just before the playoffs started. Now it could come down to us! Haha. The salt will flow my friend. Like blood.

I do too, man. We'll see. It would be a great series. I hope Kaner, Toews and Crow show up. Seabs always has a way of showing up in big games too. Sharpie waking up would be awesome.

Kings are amazing in game 7s and so are the Hawks. This series has been probably one of the best ever. It's going to be a hell of a game.

So I just finished Color Me Rad o____o
yrGUO6J.jpg
Dat neon paint tho.. Time for an epic shower :O

zeemumu

Best Buy is probably the best out of the B&M stores. I've heard nothing but bad things about Target from friends who have worked there, Walmart is lols, and other retail mall stores suck in terms of starting pay. Find one nearby and ask if they're hiring.

You have to apply online and take the usual survey that most retail jobs make you do, but a lot of it is standard easy answers. Just make sure to never check anything except "strongly agree/disagree" and you should be set for a phone interview.

Speaking of phones, make sure to call them a day or two after you apply. I had to keep bugging my store because they were in the middle of transitioning to a new method of hiring people (the store manager even told me I was the guinea pig), and it will double because it shows that you actually want the job.

Don't I need job experience for a Best Buy though? All I have is volunteer experience working events for an organization specializing in college information. Would that be sufficient?

Acid08

Banned
Don't I need job experience for a Best Buy though? All I have is volunteer experience working events for an organization specializing in college information. Would that be sufficient?
Target was a pretty cool place to work. They definitely don't require experience and you can get a job in their electronics department which was fun.

zeemumu

Target was a pretty cool place to work. They definitely don't require experience and you can get a job in their electronics department which was fun.

I've heard...other things about Target. Also they turn me down every time I apply online. Maybe I should walk in next time.

Acid08

Banned
I've heard...other things about Target. Also they turn me down every time I apply online. Maybe I should walk in next time.
Like most retail places, your managers can heavily influence the quality of your work life. The Target I worked at was ran by cool people so the work was fine for what it was.

You don't need experience for Best Buy unless you want to work in the mobile installation or Geek Squad areas, but those are specialized anyways (the former more than the latter). You get pretty decent training, both on-site and off, that is more than enough.

zeemumu

You don't need experience for Best Buy unless you want to work in the mobile installation or Geek Squad areas, but those are specialized anyways (the former more than the latter). You get pretty decent training, both on-site and off, that is more than enough.

Should I apply online or walk in?

Turin

Banned
I've heard Target is terrible but that my just be something about the west PA area.

Running is great. I should have gone today but my lazyness won :/

Yeah. Some crazy things were going and work was exhausting me. Just kept putting it off. I'm surprised I could still do a solid 5 miles. I got a nice high walking back home too. ^_^

zeemumu

Decided to watch Robocop for the first time. What exactly was that kid's plan at the beginning? Stab the robot in the jugular?

When I worked there we had four different people in charge and each one was apparently above the other... They were also getting rid of a lot of the older people in favor of younger people. Best break room ever, though.

If you live near a Winco and are willing to grind through some pay grade levels it's worth it for a while.

I'm feeling legit shook right now.
Just launched the website for my business and I still can't process the fact that I'm 20 and own a clothing brand.
I need to go ly dow.

Also, feeling upset that I can't rend The Lego Movie. I really want to watch it, but don't feel like paying $20 for it. :/
Any of you see it? What did you think of it?

Linius

Just launched the website for my business and I still can't process the fact that I'm 20 and own a clothing brand.
I need to go ly dow.

Also, feeling upset that I can't rend The Lego Movie. I really want to watch it, but don't feel like paying $20 for it. :/

Clothing brand? Show me the goods. I always enjoy small fashions brands. If I had a bigger wallet I would buy Amsterdam couture exclusively, support the local business.

I thought JLaw was Jude Law.

I wouldn't be interesested in seeing jude in his yoga pants

I need to go ly dow.

Link to website pls.
Also I hate you for achieving more than me in less time :C

And yeah, watched it Thursday. Lord & Miller are two of the best comedy directors today. It was fantastic.

Acid08

Banned
I haven't seen The Lego Movie yet but I know almost all of that fucking Everything Is Awesome song by heart now. That's the result of working for an education company and being surrounded by kids all day every day.

Clothing brand? Show me the goods. I always enjoy small fashions brands. If I had a bigger wallet I would buy Amsterdam couture exclusively, support the local business.
Isn't that self advertising? >.<
Also, same here. It's the reason I started the dang thing!
(...and because fitness apparel is too damn expensive...)
Link to website pls.
Also I hate you for achieving more than me in less time :C
And yeah, watched it Thursday. Lord & Miller are two of the best comedy directors today. It was fantastic.
Not even! I'm a huge bum. lol
Fantastic, you say? Hmm.
Sorry. Couldn't resist. :p
XZdYvyU.jpg
LOL
Oh just saw the lego movie bit. it was legiut one of the best animation movies ive seen in quite some time. So much joy.
my thoughts: http://letterboxd.com/linius/film/the-lego-movie/
HMM.
Something tells me I'mma spend the $20. lol

Turin

Banned
I remember I made the conscious decision in my head to go see Winter Soldier and STILL never got around to doing it. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom