• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Poet

Banned
9wm73aC.gif

oRWvXh3.gif

doing-crossfit-did-not-read+partner+fran.gif

I hear the good crossfit gyms are great but the bad ones are terrible

Halo 2

Banned
That is so not fetch.

Food on the internet is srs biz.

IRL too. I order vegan tacos every once in a while and every time "woah halo 2 are you one of those anti meat people whats wrong with you slurslurslur l-o-l"

"those chips aren't made with meat you know"

"yeah but they have been around forever" < completely serious

I hear crossfit is bad but I don't actually know much about it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
9wm73aC.gif

oRWvXh3.gif

doing-crossfit-did-not-read+partner+fran.gif

I hear the good crossfit gyms are great but the bad ones are terrible

The one I've eyeballed seems to be one of the good ones (read: none of the utter madness in those jifs), but I'm not paying more than a month upfront. Let's see how it goes first.

Wazzy

Banned
She's talking about Clyde, Kevin.

I'm 99.9% sure anyway.

I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER ANYWAY.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AND I TOLD EVERYONE IN MY POST.
I can't confirm and deny every guess so I'll just say:
tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif

I would try and wine and dine Wazzy but there's something stopping it from happening.

thousands of miles

Beef, you cool. :D

You my breh but I gotta say, we would have some great bonding moments about our hatred for retail.

MutFox

Banned
You my breh but I gotta say, we would have some great bonding moments about our hatred for retail.

I hate retail... :|
For a while, I couldn't even walk back into the store I worked at...
The people were great, but the job was soul crushing... :\

Halo 2

Banned
Where will the flame war erupt first?
the iPhone 6 thread or the vegan one?

blunts n brunch chick hasn't replied.. why tease me!?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hasn't Crossfit been proven to be just a fitness fad that's full of shit, doesn't really work and just puts you at injury risk?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hasn't Crossfit been proven to be just a fitness fad that's full of shit, doesn't really work and just puts you at injury risk?

Eh, it works. It not different from any other form of high intensity training that mixes strenght exercises in between. The problem with Crossfit is the huge amount of muscle dorks promoting a cult-like mentality (read: train till you puke your dead kidneys) and the awful trainers/boxes trying to pass incredibly dangerous stunts as proper exercises.

Thus why I'm not risking it. I'm going to enlist for one month as see how it goes. At the first sign of douchery I'm out.

Edit: Personally I'm a huge fan of Les Mill's Body Combat (which I mixed with weight training), but I live in the centre of my city and the only close gyms with a Less Mills programmes are odiously expensive. Same with good weight training rooms.

There is some merit to what Crossfit does, I think. It prevents people from accidentally specializing because of the workout versatility. So the idea is definitely right. Problems arise when they start doing these workouts at the speed of light and disregard their form completely :(. The "push yourself until you go numb" attitude that a lot of crossfit gyms practice is what's caused people to die, from what I can recall :(

To be honest, I would 100% give it a try if it wasn't so expensive.. Crossfit gyms here are close to like $300 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom