• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

3 months... :p
I've been saving my vacation time at work. :D

bUvzbFL.gif

MutFox

Banned
That cat looks happy playing... :p

I haven't used either hangouts or whatsapp in a while...
Think I have like 2000 messages to read through.
Probably won't.

**Edit**
That bucket gif.
LMAO

AcridMeat

Banned
Ahahahaa that edit.
I hope they got some wool sweaters from there, they are so comfy and look nice too.
Don't know actually, perhaps.
Any particular place to look for flights or I assume those travel sites should suffice?
I found that pretty much every aggregate travel site will pull from the same places and end up having the same exact deals. Therefore if you have a preferred airline check their site specifically for prices on specific dates. Also maybe start a frequent fliers account with them. That was my one big regret I didn't take advantage of that I probably would have had a free flight or two by now.

Depending on how outgoing you are, do hostels, couch surfing and airbnb. Easy way to meet interesting people and locals who can tell you the best spots.

By far the biggest is money though. Make sure you get money in order before you leave so you don't have to think about it. It's your chance to get out and experience the world, don't let money factor into it when you're over there. Obviously you shouldn't bait into tourist traps and overpriced BS, but I meant more if there are specific places or activities you want to do, do them. One day where I rented a car day of, which was damn pricey but my friend and I drove from the south of France to Monte Carlo and spent the day there and it was incredible. Well worth it for the memories.

@Mutfox I've been wanting to visit Thailand since high school. There's so much of East Asia I want to see. Absolutely stunning scenery around there.

Kater

Banned
How do you get flies out of your apartment?
These things keep pestering me here. Always sitting down on my hair, acting so smug like "haha, can't catch us!". :mad:

Maybe they like the apricot smell of my new shampoo... at least they have some taste, I guess.

I found that pretty much every aggregate travel site will pull from the same places and end up having the same exact deals. Therefore if you have a preferred airline check their site specifically for prices on specific dates. Also maybe start a frequent fliers account with them. That was my one big regret I didn't take advantage of that I probably would have had a free flight or two by now.

Depending on how outgoing you are, do hostels, couch surfing and airbnb. Easy way to meet interesting people and locals who can tell you the best spots.

By far the biggest is money though. Make sure you get money in order before you leave so you don't have to think about it. It's your chance to get out and experience the world, don't let money factor into it when you're over there. Obviously you shouldn't bait into tourist traps and overpriced BS, but I meant more if there are specific places or activities you want to do, do them. One day where I rented a car day of, which was damn pricey but my friend and I drove from the south of France to Monte Carlo and spent the day there and it was incredible. Well worth it for the memories.

1) Alright that's cool. That's what I figured.

2) I was planning on doing hostels anyway since they will be cheaper overall.

3)Yeah that's the only thing I'm worried about but I should be good to square away some money, I just need to figure out how long I plan to spend and where I want to go. There are a few places I want to visit so keeping the tourist traps out of the equations. Also I know airfare between some places will probably be cheaper but I an planning on traveling between places by rail/bus/ferry instead because fuck flying.

There's so much I want to do and not enough time and money to do so :\

The_Poet

Banned
How do you get flies out of your apartment?
These things keep pestering me here. Always sitting down on my hair, acting so smug like "haha, can't catch us!". :mad:

Maybe they like the apricot smell of my new shampoo... at least they have some taste, I guess.

Those sticky fly glue traps work well. Gross waking up to a fly graveyard though

Kater

Banned
Those sticky fly glue traps work well. Gross waking up to a fly graveyard though

Nah, don't like killing another creature if it doesn't threaten my life.
And normally I don't mind flies, as long as they are not buzzing around me in huge packs. (I think I counted 7 in total)

Kater

Banned
I am extremely optimistic sometimes, what can I say?

I just opened both the window on the back- and the frontside so that there is some wind blowing through. I may freeze a little but at least the flies are hopefully getting out alive!

Kater

Banned
Don't tell the police!

Nah, they probably came in yesterday when I cooked and had the windows in the kitchen fully opened.

Here's a gif of a housefly just because they are really cute (if they are not in swarms and your hair shampoo doesn't attract them so much as mine apparently does).

giphy.gif

I always imagined as a kid that they are rubbing their hands together devilishly like Montgomery Burns.

My nose feels weird. I think I caught Stephen's cold through the internet somehow.

CAUSE THE PLAYERS GONNA PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAY

AND THE HATERS GONNA HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

BABY I'M JUST GONNA SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE

SHAKE IT OFF, SHAKE IT OFF

End me, Lord.

I wanna buy this fucking song already, zomg

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off. Already purchased. Pussy popping.

Praying for y'all's taste at the moment. Ngl.

Still perched for the promo singles and full album.

Kater

Banned
Your fave hates black people.

The bigger crime here is that the video exists at all.

30d96d11.jpg

She looks kind of goofy on that particular shot. Heh.

Is that site seriously called "Pitchfork"...? lol
It's a serious music review site, didn't know that. Just thought "oh yeah, a site called pitchfork is talking about discrimination, obviously satire. Sorry for jumping to conclusions and posting them instead of simply checking out wikipedia entries beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom