• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
IaPxQrC.gif

Good episode. Peter and Carrie need to fuck already.

#NP #AHS: Freakshow

[edit]: This fucking clown! BYE.

That was fucking disturbing throughout. I hope it stays this good.

zeemumu

If AHS Freakshow is better than the previous 3 seasons then I'll give it a shot.

Once Upon a Time did an excellent job with the Frozen characters. Made Hans even more of a douche.

zeemumu

What is AHS even about?

Each season is contained to a different setting and different characters. The only thing that remains consistent are the actors. First one was about a haunted house, second one was about an asylum (and aliens?), the third one was about teenage witches, and the most recent one is about a carnival sideshow.

I hated the first and third because of the characters. You can have characters that you don't like in a horror movie because they'll likely all be dead in an hour anyway, but this is a TV show. You have to stay with those characters for weeks. The second had great characters (the main ones, anyway. Everything in the present day scenes annoyed me) and a great setting but the sideplots got really numerous.

What is AHS even about?

Well, this season is about a group of carnival freaks in 1950s era Florida. Only had one episode so far, so not much in terms of overall plot has happened. But all the characters are pretty great right now.

Season two is about a group of patients at an asylum run by nuns in the 1960s. And is also really good. Seasons one and three are trash and aren't worth your time.

zeemumu

Guys, I need a book recommendation for a friend. Em's probably the most well-versed in the genre that I'm looking for. My friend likes stuff in the vein of Hunger Games, Divergent, the Razorland Trilogy, etc. Do you know any books that she might like?

I haven't read them, but she may be interested in The Darkest Minds and the Maze Runner.

The Grisha Trilogy and Throne of Glass also might pique her interest. Haven't read either, but I'm more interested in the former.

Guys, I need a book recommendation for a friend. Em's probably the most well-versed in the genre that I'm looking for. My friend likes stuff in the vein of Hunger Games, Divergent, the Razorland Trilogy, etc. Do you know any books that she might like?

I read the Hunger Games and the first two books of the Razorland Trilogy (need to finish the last one).

As Dragonz suggested, the Maze Runner trilogy is good choice.
Also the Gone series (6 books) was a good one too (superpowered kids trapped under a dome).
The Ashfall trilogy just ended (supervolcano erupted causing post-apocalyptic scenario), really enjoyed it a lot.
The Lorien Legacies (I am Number 4) could also be one to check out, I think there is about 4 or 5 books out (alien kids with superpowers who came to earth).
And that's all I can think of now

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

Mistborn Trilogy for high fantasy, Bartimeus Trilogy for urban fantasy, The Old Kingdom Trilogy for fantasy fantasy. Are you just farming suggestions or are you getting her a book as a present? If so my suggestion is Mistborn: The Final Empire. It's a dystopian book with a female protagonist like the ones you mentioed, only it's not terrible.

Cuphead

Banned
I was beginning to tolerate evil within..

Then I hear this piece of dialogue

*retreive glasses for partner*

"Thanks, it's not just about being able to see, it's about feeling normal"

GAG GAG GAG GAG GAG absolutely not! no way! game is back in the box.

1 baseball cup out of 5

zeemumu

My college just finished building a new recreation center this year. It's got a climbing wall so I'll probably start spending more time there than I do at my actual gym starting tomorrow.

And the plush scary teddy that I had to learn to sew to make is almost done. I just need to attach the body and sew together the facial features and make the mouth.

MutFox

Banned
Mmmm...

For Thanksgiving, I cut a very thin slice of Pumpkin Pie and a thin slice of Apple Crumble,
and added some vanilla ice cream, then topped it with some whipped cream... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom