• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

If I reached into a toilet and grabbed some poop, then threw it away and washed my hands, I'd still hesistant to eat anything with those hands for a while. Why the hell would you get on a plane after dealing with someone who has a fatal and contagious disease with little to no protective gear?

Acid08

Banned
I remember seeing movies on ebola like a decade ago in science class. Tons of footage of people bleeding from the eyes and stuff, scared the shit out of me.

#killallfruitbats

Well it has been killing a lot of people in Africa.

Well yeah, but that magazine is clearly trying to whip Americans up into a frenzy of paranoia and hysteria. Seven cases of Ebola confirmed in the US. A grand total of one person has died from it so far.

What's happening in West Africa is horrible, but it's disingenuous to act as if it could happen on that scale in a developed nation which is clearly what it's implying.

Clydefrog

If you look on google maps, there's a shack in Eola, IL (a district of Aurora) that has some weird sculptures/displays about the slave trade. Pop these numbers into google maps and go to street level: 41° 44' 56.50" N 88° 17' 1.79" W

EOLA

EBOLA

AFRICA

zeemumu

This is my progress so far.

kcbXUBQ.jpg

Well yeah, but that magazine is clearly trying to whip Americans up into a frenzy of paranoia and hysteria. Seven cases of Ebola confirmed in the US. A grand total of one person has died from it so far.

... I was just making a pun about "black death".

I should probably have linked those tweets from that guy about Ebola being a conspiracy to wipe out black people.

zeemumu

I never use Tinder correctly whenever I install it. I always ending up hitting "nope" on everyone. It's difficult for me to judge whether or not I would go out with a person based solely on appearance.

AcridMeat

Banned
I remember seeing movies on ebola like a decade ago in science class. Tons of footage of people bleeding from the eyes and stuff, scared the shit out of me.
Same here. When the news started coming back around I went straight back to high school memories of that movie. It's damn scary, when not properly treated or dealt with.
I never use Tinder correctly whenever I install it. I always ending up hitting "nope" on everyone. It's difficult for me to judge whether or not I would go out with a person based solely on appearance.
Then don't look at it that way. Ask yourself, "Do they look like someone I want to talk to?"

AcridMeat

Banned
Seriously pumpkin pie is one of the reasons I like the Fall. :/ I chose to ignore when Acid called it out earlier because he's my bruv.
They don't. No one does, until I talk to them. That's how it works for me, and it's why I have such difficulty.
Hm, well I usually (read: always) look at their profiles to see common interests. That helps me decide significantly.

edit: Cheesecake is my favorite dessert.

Acid08

Banned
Cheesecake and eclairs are the best

Pumpkin pie is like someone took a shit in a pie tin and threw a pound of nutmeg on top of it.

LuffyZoro

Mistborn Trilogy for high fantasy, Bartimeus Trilogy for urban fantasy, The Old Kingdom Trilogy for fantasy fantasy. Are you just farming suggestions or are you getting her a book as a present? If so my suggestion is Mistborn: The Final Empire. It's a dystopian book with a female protagonist like the ones you mentioed, only it's not terrible.

I remember loving Bartimeus Trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom