• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Pretty sure James bond is public domain now. Put him in

I kinda just wanted to make something with basic creatures like mummies, ghosts, and vampires, and lesser known stuff like gorgons and wendigos, and draw from the general mythos of each creature.

I had an idea for a slasher character that has a "have a nice day" bag for a mask. I have no idea if that's been done yet.

Is mothman public domain?

Misha

Banned
I kinda just wanted to make something with basic creatures like mummies, ghosts, and vampires, and lesser known stuff like gorgons and wendigos, and draw from the general mythos of each creature.

I had an idea for a slasher character that has a "have a nice day" bag for a mask. I have no idea if that's been done yet.

Is mothman public domain?

My guess is yes considering that he isn't from any one artist. Most folklore should work tbh. Still have

Jobbs

Banned
I know UC4 is coming out on Tuesday and I'm marginally curious to check it out, but every time I think about playing a game like that I just think I should go play Rise of the Tomb Raider which I still haven't gone far into

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Good luck

Had a blast night night, off to some Free Comic Book Day for recovery

13178012_10153727144164926_8411013603839033099_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
It's also like just saying "Hey I think you don't look good like that"

Which I don't think anyone who isn't a total dick would ever actually say to someone

Basically our gender is full of garbage, sorry

I don't know, isn't saying "yo I prefer "natural" makeup variant X to party makeup variant Y" just the same as saying "hey I like your cute red shirt more than the meh grey-silver one, even if it's fancy", or "Hey I like your face better shaved than bearded"?

I don't think it's inherently a bad thing to say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know, isn't saying "yo I prefer "natural" makeup variant X to party makeup variant Y" just the same as saying "hey I like your cute red shirt more than the meh grey-silver one, even if it's fancy", or "Hey I like your face better shaved than bearded"?

I don't think it's inherently a bad thing to say ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Would you ever say those things without being asked for your opinion though? Because those would come off as dickish as well to me.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Would you ever say those things without being asked for your opinion though? Because those would come off as dickish as well to me.

To my significant other or to a random person? If it's the first, then sure, I'd expect her to tell me as well. Second one obviously not.

You are a good noodle

being in a relationship is about loving someone and being with them no matter what they look like, or who they are as a person, or whatever. All you need to do is accept them and love them for who they are; it's an equal partnership, not a way for your S.O. to become arm candy or a way to impress your friends. And if you don't like how they look, leave. Find someone else who scratches your itch.

It infuriates me when people do that shit. I'm not living my life to please you, so leave me alone. If I don't feel like wearing make-up, I'm not going to. My mom tried to do that shit for years. She'd guilt trip me into trying to be more girly and would be like "you're wearing THAT?" Like.....leave me alone...........

You are a good noodle

being in a relationship is about loving someone and being with them no matter what they look like, or who they are as a person, or whatever. All you need to do is accept them and love them for who they are; it's an equal partnership, not a way for your S.O. to become arm candy or a way to impress your friends. And if you don't like how they look, leave. Find someone else who scratches your itch.

It infuriates me when people do that shit. I'm not living my life to please you, so leave me alone. If I don't feel like wearing make-up, I'm not going to. My mom tried to do that shit for years. She'd guilt trip me into trying to be more girly and would be like "you're wearing THAT?" Like.....leave me alone...........

yisss

look at you, ninja! already being perfect bf material! which casually reminds me of... oh hey, did you ever fill out your dating profile?

Misha

Banned
You are a good noodle

I bought some new hats over Christmas. My mom "they're very nice but I don't think you're stylish enough to wear them" T_T

They're just beanies. The only issue is that they're vaguely colorful which I have never been because I grew up being bought non-colorful clothes (or when I did get colorful clothes, they didn't fit what I liked and I asked for them to be returned)

I have yet to wear them...

I bought some new hats over Christmas. My mom "they're very nice but I don't think you're stylish enough to wear them" T_T

They're just beanies. The only issue is that they're vaguely colorful which I have never been because I grew up being bought non-colorful clothes (or when I did get colorful clothes, they didn't fit what I liked and I asked for them to be returned)

Wear them. Life is too short to have every decision you make be determined by the opinions of others. If you like them then that's what matters. If their love and affection comes with superficial conditions, then that's not really love.

You do you and fuck what other people think.

Jobbs

Banned
I would agree that it's a bad idea to criticize someone's appearance or tell them to do something different, but I don't think it's necessarily bad to POSITIVELY REINFORCE a style decision they make that you really like. If you're in a relationship you like to please eachohter so having some awareness about what really works for the other person is always nice

zeemumu

If you want to, go for it. If your mom questions it before you leave, just say "okay" and keep walking.

Misha

Banned
Wear them. Life is too short to have every decision you make be determined by the opinions of others. If you like them then that's what matters. If their love and affection comes with superficial conditions, then that's not really love.

You do you and fuck what other people think.

If you want to, go for it. If your mom questions it before you leave, just say "okay" and keep walking.
I'm just going to wait till I move out. Ignoring it is so much easier said than done. I'd rather things be comfortable than anything
I just don't have a positive counter balance for those things so its them vs my brain.
I would agree that it's a bad idea to criticize someone's appearance or tell them to do something different, but I don't think it's necessarily bad to POSITIVELY REINFORCE a style decision they make that you really like. If you're in a relationship you like to please eachohter so having some awareness about what really works for the other person is always nice
in theory its good but theres definitely a lot of compliments that can be crushing. Its more of a case by case basis than anything.

Like heres a super manipulative example: say you get her a necklace for her birthday. She puts it on and you go "wow that looks amazing on you! You really should wear that next time we go out". Secretly she hates it but will never bring it up because she doesn't want you to be upset.
Tbh presents are super manipulative in general and I hate them

Really the most important thing to avoid these is to have a relationship where you have incredibly good communication.
*just reopened OKCupid*

*saw people and panicked*

*isn't joking, genuinely got anxious*
Just make sure you do it again. That's how operate with things and so long as I'm consistently being exposed a little more the anxiety eventually fades away.

Jobbs

Banned
Like heres a super manipulative example: say you get her a necklace for her birthday. She puts it on and you go "wow that looks amazing on you! You really should wear that next time we go out". Secretly she hates it but will never bring it up because she doesn't want you to be upset.

well I'd positively reinforce HER decisions. Something she does on her own, if I like it a lot, I'll say it.

and, as you say, I kinda hate the whole gift thing because dressing and fashion and accessories and style are all such a personal thing, how am I supposed to buy something like that for someone else? if she doesn't like it she has to pretend to and it just makes things stupid

zeemumu

I can and I will, it's just literally painful for me to do it. It's one of my struggle areas tbh

That's fair. Admitting that you're wrong is like jumping into cold water. It probably wont kill you but it hurts like it would. Dealing with it is entirely dependent on how you play it off.

Misha

Banned
well I'd positively reinforce HER decisions. Something she does on her own, if I like it a lot, I'll say it.

and, as you say, I kinda hate the whole gift thing because dressing and fashion and accessories and style are all such a personal thing, how am I supposed to buy something like that for someone else? if she doesn't like it she has to pretend to and it just makes things stupid
That's really all you can try to do, even if you still make mistakes. What's bad for one person is fine for another and its just hard to know everything

From random people?

Random people rarely say much to me since I generally come across as shy. My friends are generally oblivious of such things so nothing positive or negative. My family though is almost always just negative and when it positive is never for the things I actually want encouragement for

That's a great distinction. I love being complimented on what I'm wearing, but I'd never want to be told to wear something else or look a different way, except where it's respectful or there's a dress code. (for example of the former, I need to try and let my hair dye run out because I'm heading to rural India in a couple weeks.)

Asymmetrical arrrmmmmmssss

This is like the fourth time I've seen you draw something like that. I think it's cool looking but I can't help but to think of akira every time.

Does it "count" as asymmetrical if it's mostly functional. Like wouldn't a sword and shield technically be asymmetrical?

zeemumu

Random people rarely say much to me since I generally come across as shy. My friends are generally oblivious of such things so nothing positive or negative. My family though is almost always just negative and when it positive is never for the things I actually want encouragement for

Ah okay. I thought you were afraid of random negative comments. My family just blows negative comments out of proportion.

They'd probably condemn trab to hell for nothing but her piercings and tattoos despite her being ridiculously nice

Misha

Banned
Ah okay. I thought you were afraid of random negative comments. My family just blows negative comments out of proportion.

They'd probably condemn trab to hell for nothing but her piercings and tattoos despite her being ridiculously nice

My mom would do the whole "you'd look even better without it" thing. But she's getter better recently at recognizing opinions are different. Not so much with appearance but hopefully eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom