• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Apparently I DID make an OkCupid profile at some point. It's cringeworthy.

The hell was I on when I wrote these?

I deleted like half of my description cause it sucked. Now its probably a bit too brief (besides the favorites section)

What I’m doing with my life

I'm a programmer at a small software company. I draw and try to make games in my spare time.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food

Movies:
500 Days of Summer, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Up, Groundhog Day, Inside Out, Princess Bride, Mad Max Fury Road, Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Music:
Alvvays, Cage the Elephant, Gorillaz, Jimmy Eat World, Vampire Weekend, Modern Baseball, Blood Red Shoes, Of Monsters and Men

Shows:
Steven Universe, Silicon Valley, Jessica Jones, Gravity Falls, Gotham, Show Me a Hero

Games:
Life is Strange, Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Hearthstone, Civilization series, Zelda series, Souls series, Borderlands series

On a typical Friday night I am

Sorta just wind down after the workweek so I can do something on Saturday. I usually watch something on YouTube/Twitch or play a game.

Jobbs

Banned
I think I'm nearly fused with the couch :O help!

But of course this probably has nothing to do with this situation. I can't relate so I thought it more productive to accuse you of something else :p :p

pff you just can't get enough of me

Well, you're old and stuff so it makes sense that you have some life experience behind your belt.

you don't get to call me old when you're older :D

This truth nuke.

Whew.

truth-bomb.gif

Co-president ;)

y'all need members though!

That's the problem with Disney telling everyone they should be princesses and super heroes. You can't be a princess without thousands of people to subjugate.

zeemumu

what position is left in the die alone club? seems like everything's taken but I need to join

doesn't seem too bad to me. not too long, not too short. it's all good

It's the way it's written that bothers me. I did a minor overhaul of that profile regardless of whether or not I end up using it.

I am president of the "gonna die alone" club. Message me for membership opportunities

I'm pretty sure I'm the secret boss of the Die Alone Club. You work your way through the ranks then fight the head of the club, then they inform you that they were just a figurehead and it was really me all along. Dragonz please take this into consideration.

Misha

Banned
y'all need members though!

That's the problem with Disney telling everyone they should be princesses and super heroes. You can't be a princess without thousands of people to subjugate.

Isn't Disney doing a movie about a girl whos a princess of a small uninhabited patch of land? #weareallprincesses

Why such zealousity for friends sucking? I hope the indians get ya

and you don't seem to understand the paradoxical nature of the die alone club especially when the president and co-president are apparently mega into eachother

it's not paradoxical, it's actually tragic because we all live like 934587934585474567574 miles away from each other >:l

zeemumu

Isn't Disney doing a movie about a girl whos a princess of a small uninhabited patch of land? #weareallprincesses

Disney needs more friendships. Girl and guy at the end who don't get together. Frozen got close but Anna and Kristoff are still technically together, just not married. And not some bullshit Hunchback of Notre Dame thing where you put in a handsome guy so you can still get that romance angle in there.

ha, probably. I don't actively follow Disney anymore.

But it's like Syndrome says, with everyone special no one will be.

I don't really hope that

lol I know

and you don't seem to understand the paradoxical nature of the die alone club especially when the president and co-president are apparently mega into eachother

got 'em!

Misha

Banned
ha, probably. I don't actively follow Disney anymore.

But it's like Syndrome says, with everyone special no one will be.

Special is just a nice way to say you feel good about yourself. Its easy to do that with the validation from other people but far from necessary.
Disney needs more friendships. Girl and guy at the end who don't get together. Frozen got close but Anna and Kristoff are still technically together, just not married. And not some bullshit Hunchback of Notre Dame thing where you put in a handsome guy so you can still get that romance angle in there.

Emperor's new groove? Its definitely more likely to happen with guys but the story ended up being about the eventual pacha kuzco friendship

Misha

Banned
I really liked that line from The Incredibles. Outside of collateral damage his plan wasn't even really that evil.

The collateral damage was most of his plan :p

But yeah if he just manufactured the things for people to have then it would have been a good thing

zeemumu

Emperor's new groove? Its definitely more likely to happen with guys but the story ended up being about the eventual pacha kuzco friendship

Yeah you're right. But I'm referring specifically to Male/Female friendships. There have only been a small amount of films where the two characters were of the opposite sex and weren't implied to end up together. Off the top of my head, Fury Road, Blade, and Pacific Rim.

Jobbs

Banned
pixar bleh... I miss the days of traditionally animated movies. They were so much more beautiful

it's not paradoxical, it's actually tragic because we all live like 934587934585474567574 miles away from each other >:l

come join my no germans club, then! everyone's welcome to die alone or together, it's total freedom

zeemumu

I agree, it's his methods more than his intention that are the problem. The Incredibles is still my favorite Pixar movie.

The line that always gets me is when Bob breaks down and tells Helen he's not strong enough to lose them again.

https://youtu.be/5eZTJrvOoGw?t=6s

I actually have the game on Xbox :p

It's a little repetitive and only Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl have combat. Dash's levels are all time trial running levels and violet only has one level and it's the worst one in the game because it's a half-assed stealth mission.

Misha

Banned
Yeah you're right. But I'm referring specifically to Male/Female friendships. There have only been a small amount of films where the two characters were of the opposite sex and weren't implied to end up together. Off the top of my head, Fury Road, Blade, and Pacific Rim.

Dredd definitely

Minority report or edge of tomorrow? I cant remember anything other than camaraderie but I might have purposefully forgot

zeemumu

Dredd definitely

Minority report or edge of tomorrow? I cant remember anything other than camaraderie but I might have purposefully forgot

Yeah, Dredd and Edge of Tomorrow too. I don't know about Minority Report. It's been a while since I've seen it. But to be fair, if they had done it in Dredd, that would've been more creepy than endearing because he's more like her dad.

Misha

Banned
Yeah, Dredd and Edge of Tomorrow too. I don't know about Minority Report. It's been a while since I've seen it. But to be fair, if they had done it in Dredd, that would've been more creepy than endearing because he's more like her dad.

But 90% of Hollywood movies do father figure romantic relationships :p

AcridMeat

Banned
I love Overwatch. I played about 3-4 hours last night, and woke up and played another 3 hours.

WWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwhfufuhguhfasuhguh
WWI: dominion states being conscripted.
I like this. I've been all for a WWI fps.
Have you looked at Verdun 1914-1918? It's much more set in "reality" and grimey and difficult.
I love showers tbh
Just took one. Feel so much better.
Thank you. <3 I do believe that I have a lot to offer people.
~QUOTING THIS POST FOR IMPORTANCE FOR JB TO KEEP IN MIND FOREVER~~
Pff, I didn't need a study to know that.

Also there's a super cute photographer here

Shame I dunno how to talk to people

It's never too late to start learning and practice! :D

I called my mom ahead of schedule for mother's day, and she said she was proud of me and called me the "good son" again.

Thanks mom<3

My dad has a whole thing laid out for my mom tomorrow which involves all four of her children. Good thing I love her so much!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Going to Captain America tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom