• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the military pay for it?

I get my GI bill and my post 9/11 bill, so that would cover part of it

I would have to get accepted to the JAG program for them to cover everything, which is highly unlikely to happen and would also require me going to OTS and owing them like ten years

I can do it a semester at a time, between deployments. It would take a few years but I could definitely do it. I just have to get accepted.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Y0dR5IW.png
#dead

I kinda wanna go to law school

But then....all that work.......

Do you want to be a lawyer, or do you just like the idea of being a lawyer?

Granadier

Both? I mean I could get my masters as an alternative, seeing as though I'm about a year into it already, but I don't think that would be productive in the end. Everyone has a masters these days

Do you, and go for whatever you think will be the most useful.
What would your masters be in?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I kinda wanna go to law school

But then....all that work.......
No lie, I very nearly went and then didn't for this reasoning.

Good morning, fakers. That man has a porcupine on his head.

Granadier

Criminal justice of some kind. But what would I do with it? That's the thing. I'd rather get a law degree and establish a definite career path.

Yeah, I'm not sure where criminal justice would go. The only careers I've heard of out of that degree program is law enforcement or parole officers.

---

YKN

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So I finally talked to the guy. Guy said he wants things to be more than fuck buddies and I said that I thought we made ourselves clear about it and said no. He looked like a fucking sad puppy and I give the guy a hug and say that I'm simply not ready but make clear that I'm having a nice time with him and that he has a friendship there but man I hate feeling like I gave a shit day to someone.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Would you be a judge, prosecutor, or attorney? I really wanted to be a judge. My grandfather was one too

Granadier

So I finally talked to the guy. Guy said he wants things to be more than fuck buddies and I said that I thought we made ourselves clear about it and said no. He looked like a fucking sad puppy and I give the guy a hug and say that I'm simply not ready but make clear that I'm having a nice time with him and that he has a friendship there but man I hate feeling like I gave a shit day to someone.

To be honest, it's his choice if he lets that make his day shitty or not.
You were upfront in the beginning with what you were looking for. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Vazra

To be honest, it's his choice if he lets that make his day shitty or not.
You were upfront in the beginning with what you were looking for. Don't beat yourself up over it.

I know but still sucks. We'll see how things move now but I think no more "fun" will be happening now since he seems to be taking things seriously.

Granadier

I know but still sucks. We'll see how things move now but I think no more "fun" will be happening now since he seems to be taking things seriously.

For what it's worth, I had pretty much the same thing going on with a girl last year. She wanted to continue "without feelings", but it ended up just turning into a mess.
Most times the sex isn't worth the baggage that it brings with in those situations.

Vazra

For what it's worth, I had pretty much the same thing going on with a girl last year. She wanted to continue "without feelings", but it ended up just turning into a mess.
Most times the sex isn't worth the baggage that it brings with in those situations.

We'll see how things go since he wants to continue with it or at least stay in talking and hang out terms. He is a nice guy but with the way things are I don't really want to get emotionally invested here when the plan is leaving before the year ends.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Both? I mean I could get my masters as an alternative, seeing as though I'm about a year into it already, but I don't think that would be productive in the end. Everyone has a masters these days
TA, woman. Make them pay for all kinds of shit.

Anyways, I ate 8 Chik Files A minis this morning, gonna kill myself on the VersaClimber this afternoon in penance.

TA, woman. Make them pay for all kinds of shit.

Anyways, I ate 8 Chik Files A minis this morning, gonna kill myself on the VersaClimber this afternoon in penance.

It's like someone's lit a fire under my ass and it's sparked all kinds of motivation in under an hour. Fuck. I wanna try to squeeze at least one semester in next year but I don't think it'll be possible

SolVanderlyn

I'd start as an attorney, judge positions are appointed by the state and prosecutors I think are appointed to some degree too
This just goes to show that I really have no idea how the process works at all

Being a lawyer is hard work, though. I wouldn't mind it if I got into it, but it's a high stress job.

In other news, I can't fucking sleep. In other other news, I just confirmed that I did, indeed, just get my Master's degree and it will be mailed to me soon

Misha

Banned
I'd start as an attorney, judge positions are appointed by the state and prosecutors I think are appointed to some degree too
Depending on the level and state, some judge positions are also elected too but I can't imagine running for office would be the least but enjoyable and then worrying about getting reelected and all that

zeemumu

Depending on the level and state, some judge positions are also elected too but I can't imagine running for office would be the least but enjoyable and then worrying about getting reelected and all that

It's not, based on that week I spent holed up in Sacramento as part of a pseudo government program

A lot of money and time, and people will hit you with anything that they can find.

Granadier

Also lawyers are sexy as fuck

Agreed.
of course this is representative of real lawyers
Personally I would much rather be a lawyer than a judge. Being a judge seems incredibly boring.
From what I've heard though the law community is cliquey as fuck. Status is determined by where you went to school and if it's not Ivy League or upper class private you're looked down on.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
It's like someone's lit a fire under my ass and it's sparked all kinds of motivation in under an hour. Fuck. I wanna try to squeeze at least one semester in next year but I don't think it'll be possible
Do online. I used UMUC, they have 8 week all online semesters, then when I was on shore duty I transferred to UMD to finish my degree. You could go with AMU or Phoenix or Thomas Edison, they are easier, but are kinda just degree farms. They are nationally accredited, whereas UMUC is regionally.

And I know that she's capable of anything, it's riveting
But when you wake up she's always gone, gone, gone

In the night she hears him callin'
In the night she's dancin' to relieve the pain
She'll never walk away (I don't think you understand)
In the night when she comes crawlin'
Dollar bills and tears keep fallin' down her face
She'll never walk away (I don't think you understand)

PplDlMb.gif

The way this song still goes in.

Do online. I used UMUC, they have 8 week all online semesters, then when I was on shore duty I transferred to UMD to finish my degree. You could go with AMU or Phoenix or Thomas Edison, they are easier, but are kinda just degree farms. They are nationally accredited, whereas UMUC is regionally.

University of Arizona has a law school but I'd have to talk to them about deployments and scheduling

zeemumu

At this rate the Ghostbusters movie is gonna get bad reviews regardless of whether or not it's good.

My group members are putting in work so I can rest a little easier.

I'm going to Universal tomorrow. Should be fun. Imma get my Butterbeer.

Thought about bailing out after my first class today, decided against it.

Got my friend a shark glass with a built in shotglass shaped like a shark for her birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom