• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I wonder if this is the PM

DO-YOU-LIKE-ME.png

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Tbh that sounds like a threat
It IS a threat. I hate seeing people leave their benefits on the table.

And OMG, I'm jelly right now. Pretty hard workout, total body resistance band based with 45 minutes on the VersaClimber.

Gonna just lay here in bed under my fan for awhile.

Apparently I was laughing in my sleep this morning. I didn't even know that could happen, but I guess maybe if your dreams are funny enough it might.

For reasons that are complicated and involve a lot of dream logic, I was at a sort of Disneyland attraction that was ostensibly a haunted house but it was really big and castley. So there were all kinds of people just walking around and taking in the scenery. Anyway, I hid myself in a small room that people would routinely visit, and for some reason most of the visitors were toddlers with their parents close behind them... I guess because it makes the joke funnier. So whenever they would open the door and see me there, I'd ask the poor kid if he or she wanted to see a puppet show. Upon assent, I would ball my hands up into fists and then stick each middle finger out. With the rude gesture in place, I would bring one hand to the front saying in a high voice "Hi I'm Dick" and then "And I'm Richard!" with the other one. Then I would giggle and have the two hands dance around until the parents quickly ushered their kids away, disgust washing over their faces.

I think I must have the opposite of nightmares.

I love this post so much.

lmao, Jobbs was a reviewer for IGN when he was teenager.

Is Jobbs in his mid 30s?

MutFox

Banned
Was bored last night, so I started testing out certain techniques.
So it's a bit of a mishmash of stuff...
There's already stuff I'd change if it was a finished product.
(I was tired last night, so I stopped, I'll do something else tonight.)

I'm getting back into drawing after leaving it for a while.
This thread sorta inspired me. :p

zeemumu

Thirst levels reaching critical mass

It's the only safe way to flirt.

I'm joking. I doubt it'd actually go anywhere because it'd end up being a long distance relationship and she has no use for that since she already gets enough long distance flirting from Em :p

FloatOn

I just think that generally there is just a vast difference in life from your 20's to 30's so that finding someone compatible would be extremely difficult

Jobbs

Banned
No but I think I would feel weird dating someone younger than 30 at this point. I'm 33

Age and maturity/wisdom aren't inexorably linked. We each have our own unique life experiences and our own temperament.

There are times when I feel like I'm in a position to share wisdom or just be a stable calming presence, but there are other times when it's clear she's smarter/tougher.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Age doesn't really matter. There are just as many immature 40 year olds as there are mature 20 year olds.

Jobbs

Banned
I generally go by the age/2 +7 as my minimum and +7 as my maximum.
So like my range right now is 22 to 38

What's the most below your age you've actually hooked up with?

I have no firm age requirement, just that I'm attracted to the person, which I guess means that they would be likely to fall within the range you stated.

Of course there are exceptions and I'm glad you have anecdotal evidence to back up your point

But for me, if I'm going to be with someone seriously I'm going to need them to have their shit at least somewhat together. Generally speaking, I don't see that happening with many 20 somethings

I don't care if she has her shit together or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FloatOn

Age and maturity/wisdom aren't inexorably linked. We each have our own unique life experiences and our own temperament.

There are times when I feel like I'm in a position to share wisdom or just be a stable calming presence, but there are other times when it's clear she's smarter/tougher.

Of course there are exceptions and I'm glad you have anecdotal evidence to back up your point

But for me, if I'm going to be with someone seriously I'm going to need them to have their shit at least somewhat together. Generally speaking, I don't see that happening with many 20 somethings

I don't care if she has her shit together or not ¯_(ツ)_/¯

As long as that doesn't lead to her leaching or taking advantage of you then that's cool

zeemumu

My maximum age limit is flexible because I'm usually fine with it as long as it doesn't look weird (So somewhere between 27-29 would be the cap, I suppose) and minimum is 1 year difference.

Jobbs

Banned
As long as that doesn't lead to her leaching or taking advantage of you then that's cool

I kinda don't mind this either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, I guess it depends on what you mean by it. If she is consciously and deliberately only using me for my money or belongings and I'm not in on this arrangement, then yeah, that's not cool. But if she just happens to need support then I don't care. I'm not a very materialistic person.

FloatOn

I kinda don't mind this either ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, I guess it depends on what you mean by it. If she is consciously and deliberately only using me for my money or belongings and I'm not in on this arrangement, then yeah, that's not cool. But if she just happens to need support then I don't care. I'm not a very materialistic person.

I'm probably one of the most generous people you will ever meet but the former is absolutely soul crushing. I'm telling you this from firsthand experience from my ex-wife. Don't let it happen

MutFox

Banned
Lost money dating some girls.
Some are very abusive in that way.

Glad those flings didn't last long.

Very happy in that sense now.

I've only ever dated guys within a year of my age. That might just be a coincidence though.

What I look for in a partner is someone with a similar level of life experience. I feel like even if I match up with someone ten years older than me, it's because he's a lot slower than I am so it won't be long before I outstrip him. And vice versa for guys younger than me.

But that doesn't necessarily have to be the case, nor is it a problem for everyone.

Jobbs

Banned
I've only ever dated guys within a year of my age. That might just be a coincidence though.

What I look for in a partner is someone with a similar level of life experience. I feel like even if I match up with someone ten years older than me, it's because he's a lot slower than I am so it won't be long before I outstrip him. And vice versa for guys younger than me.

But that doesn't necessarily have to be the case, nor is it a problem for everyone.

I think you said you went on a date with an older guy once and he kept negging you and acting like a dickhole and it put you off from older guys.

I've always been of the idea that you can't choose when or how you fall for someone or parse it out scientifically. I could say "I'll never date someone who's not a nurse, that's one of my rules" (because it is now) but then theoretically meet the perfect person who's not a nurse and the rules go out the window.

you're out of control again, return to your corner

I think you said you went on a date with an older guy once and he kept negging you and acting like a dickhole and it put you off from older guys.

I've always been of the idea that you can't choose when or how you fall for someone or parse it out scientifically. I could say "I'll never date someone who's not a nurse, that's one of my rules" (because it is now) but then theoretically meet the perfect person who's not a nurse and the rules go out the window.

you're out of control again, return to your corner

I POSTED LIKE ONE THING

you don't know anything about the bushes of love

That was barely a date but yeah. Often times when I hang out around older men they feel the need to assert their dominance and experience over me. I want more than anything to be equals with my partner.

I guess I should never say never, but it would take an unimaginable amount to change my mind for myself on the matter.

Misha

Banned
It sometimes comes as a surprise because of my smooth pasty pale skin how young my voice sounds, but I'm 34

Just found the gif so:

tumblr_o71sz0LKyL1tlgqkgo6_250.gif

That was barely a date but yeah. Often times when I hang out around older men they feel the need to assert their dominance and experience over me. I want more than anything to be equals with my partner.

I actually think that's part of why I prefer girls a bit more. I don't entirely feel equal to guys a lot of the time. Not superior or inferior necessarily but I feel like with girls I can give and get the same things more often

FloatOn

When hasn't it? The game is a mess.

I haven't been following it at all but that was some of the blandest looking combat, environment and characters I have ever seen.

also the animations are stiff as fuck and when the enemies get hit they barely react wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom