• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

I just really hate the stigma with breastfeeding. It should be normalized in every way.

Society is a little weird with stuff like that. It reminds a bit of violence in television vs. nudity. People getting their insides squeezed out by zombies on The Walking Dead, but don't show those breasts though. That's too much. People can never know what nipples do. First you learn what nipples do, then you're smoking reefer at the pool hall.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just really hate the stigma with breastfeeding. It should be normalized in every way.
I disagree with you on almost everything

Jobbs

Banned

I have no problem with breastfeeding or breasts in general.

DON'T FUEL JOBBS' TWISTED ART

in case sol missed it last time, I need to make sure he's traumatized

j2ZF9Vj.png

There are lots of things that are fine and healthy and natural, but we don't often do them in public. Shitting, showering, sex.

I'll agree with you that the taboo on nudity is overly restrictive, but it is consistent. Well, for women it is.

Research would help. Simply challenging gender roles isn't the end-all be-all of identifying in a non-binary sense.

Hmm, okay.

Society is a little weird with stuff like that. It reminds a bit of violence in television vs. nudity. People getting their insides squeezed out by zombies on The Walking Dead, but don't show those breasts though. That's too much. People can never know what nipples do. First you learn what nipples do, then you're smoking reefer at the pool hall.

But but...women are sacred and must be censored / protected at all costs!!!!!!!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There are lots of things that are fine and healthy and natural, but we don't often do them in public. Shitting, showering, sex.
This is basically my opinion. I'm way more conservative than the rest of this forum though, I accepted that a long time ago

Also, I saw it, Jobbs... I saw it

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If I just wear a soccer jersey and get even vaguely sweaty my nipples get scabby from chafing. Does that count? (well at least as of 10 years ago)

Oh! This must have been it. I wore a full cotton shirt this time which I never do. It must have chafed them somewhat.

Thanks for helping me diagnose my nips FakeGAF.

FUME5

Oh! This must have been it. I wore a full cotton shirt this time which I never do. It must have chafed them somewhat.

Thanks for helping me diagnose my nips FakeGAF.

Before I got this compression gear I'd been lifting in a Russell Athletics top that must be close to 20 years old. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Do not get sore nipples from excercise. I do get massive headaches (perhaps migraines) from dehydration, though.

Got one now from having both an ultimate practice after work and then a game at 22:00.

Still, feels worth it. Tweaked an ankle too.

Granadier

Before I got this compression gear I'd been lifting in a Russell Athletics top that must be close to 20 years old. They don't make 'em like they used to.

I should get some compression tops, or at least proper Under Armor.

What do you normally wear? I find cotton quite nice.

Usually I wear a shirt that's a latex or polyester blend. This time I just threw on a white undershirt and headed out.

zeemumu

I haven't worn under armour or anything to that effect since football but I remember it being uncomfortable. When I work out now I just throw on an old T-shirt and some basketball shorts. The only exercise-specific gear that I use are gloves and rubber insoles in my shoes that I need to replace.

FUME5

I should get some compression tops, or at least proper Under Armor.

Usually I wear a shirt that's a latex or polyester blend. This time I just threw on a white undershirt and headed out.

One of those bargain sites had the tops and.....leggings? For 30 bucks instead of ~120 so grabbed em. I think I look faintly ridiculous in this shit, but the sweat wicking tech seems to work.

finally out of the jungle. it all works.

Got the walk down? Link doesn't work for me.

Granadier

Its like hugging a cloud tho.

An itchy, scratchy cloud once sweat is involved.

One of those bargain sites had the tops and.....leggings? For 30 bucks instead of ~120 so grabbed em. I think I look faintly ridiculous in this shit, but the sweat wicking tech seems to work.

Fairly certain I would look ridiculous as well, but oh well.

Xiao Hu

Radio Yerevan was asked: "Could communism be implemented in the United States of America?"

Radio Yerevan answered: "In principle, yes. But then where would our grain come from?"

Careful. I think your apartment used to be part of the motherland a long time ago. The toilet definitely feels the urge to rejoin us again.

I mean maybe if you're using non processed cotton :p

We're not talking about how cotton feels on hands tho :p

Part of it is thread count and thread weight. Most of the 100% cotton stuff I handle is relatively heavy, thick and coarse. Customers pretty much only buy it when they're being cheap people who don't care about quality. Exception for heavy-duty work like mechanic shops or whatever of course.

Also I'm not just talking about how it feels on my hands. I embezzle tees all the time to wear while I'm working. I only grab the really soft/expensive blanks.

FUME5

An itchy, scratchy cloud once sweat is involved.

Fairly certain I would look ridiculous as well, but oh well.

It's probably just me, friend dropped round to pick something up while I was working out and commented that I was looking good in it - now we give each other hardcore shit so I just assumed he was pulling the piss but he reckons he wasn't.

Like I said though, sweat wicking seems to work and since I don't wear knee sleeves or anything probably good for that too.

Misha

Banned
Part of it is thread count and thread weight. Most of the 100% cotton stuff I handle is relatively heavy, thick and coarse. Customers pretty much only buy it when they're being cheap people who don't care about quality. Exception for heavy-duty work like mechanic shops or whatever of course.

Also I'm not just talking about how it feels on my hands. I embezzle tees all the time to wear while I'm working. I only grab the really soft/expensive blanks.
I just learned that the shirts I like more are only 95% cotton so you win this one (but I still like 100% cotton stuff more than like underarmory stuff)

Question for the fabric expert: what's the big deal with silk?

Misha just enjoys cotton on her nips. Nothing wrong with that.

Cotton bras are nice

Granadier

It's probably just me, friend dropped round to pick something up while I was working out and commented that I was looking good in it - now we give each other hardcore shit so I just assumed he was pulling the piss but he reckons he wasn't.

Like I said though, sweat wicking seems to work and since I don't wear knee sleeves or anything probably good for that too.

Are you running full pants or shorts?

I haven't worn under armour or anything to that effect since football but I remember it being uncomfortable. When I work out now I just throw on an old T-shirt and some basketball shorts. The only exercise-specific gear that I use are gloves and rubber insoles in my shoes that I need to replace.

Missed this before, but I've heard similar things from people using Under Armor. It's something that you have to get used to AFAIK since it's a lot tighter than normal clothes.
Regarding your insoles though, are you using those for all your lifts? Cause depending on the cushiness of them they could be causing instability.

jb1234

I'm having a great deal of trouble forcing my way through Uncharted 4. It doesn't have the benefit of a gripping story like TLOU to overcome some of its flaws and the platforming elements are completely brain-dead. I played through Chapter 8 last night and didn't enjoy a single moment from it, just jumping from obvious wall ledge to obvious wall ledge. And then a stupid ass puzzle that I had the game solve for me because it was so stupid. Very disappointing.

Question for the fabric expert: what's the big deal with silk?

it's softer than burlap (a primary competitor when silk first gained popularity) and it's a lot more expensive, plus it looks nice if you don't have to wear it.

Apparently some people actually like how it feels too, although this has never been me. It has to have a lot of rayon in it before I find the silken wear comfortable. Bare silk is too warm (because it doesn't breathe at all) and I don't necessarily appreciate the slippery feeling.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm having a great deal of trouble forcing my way through Uncharted 4. It doesn't have the benefit of a gripping story like TLOU to overcome some of its flaws and the platforming elements are completely brain-dead. I played through Chapter 8 last night and didn't enjoy a single moment from it, just jumping from obvious wall ledge to obvious wall ledge. And then a stupid ass puzzle that I had the game solve for me because it was so stupid. Very disappointing.

yessss come to my side #teamUC4isaboringobnoxiousmess

zeemumu

Missed this before, but I've heard similar things from people using Under Armor. It's something that you have to get used to AFAIK since it's a lot tighter than normal clothes.
Regarding your insoles though, are you using those for all your lifts? Cause depending on the cushiness of them they could be causing instability.

The insoles are for running. I don't do anything special for lifting beyond wearing gloves.

FUME5

Are you running full pants or shorts?

Full pants. Had to order them sight unseen so when I got them delivered to the office I was joking with my workmate about how they were way too small.

Uh, they fit just fine (tiny bit short) and are actually slightly loose around my skinny fucking ankles :(

okay realtalk, not just being a contrarian/Naughty Dick sucker

I don't like Doom. I recognized a couple of interesting design decisions with regards to level design and interaction but it's all shoot shoot shoot zzzz with nothing to break up the action except a hectic camera that snaps to five different places in a single second and gives me such eye strain that it's physically painful to play.

I want to go back and replay my slow, simple Uncharted 4 with its amazing story and coddling gameplay.

Misha

Banned
it's softer than burlap (a primary competitor when silk first gained popularity) and it's a lot more expensive, plus it looks nice if you don't have to wear it.

Apparently some people actually like how it feels too, although this has never been me. It has to have a lot of rayon in it before I find the silken wear comfortable. Bare silk is too warm (because it doesn't breathe at all) and I don't necessarily appreciate the slippery feeling.

So it was a product of its time and maintained its status since then, makes sense.

Agree with you there.

Nudull

Banned
okay realtalk, not just being a contrarian/Naughty Dick sucker

I don't like Doom. I recognized a couple of interesting design decisions with regards to level design and interaction but it's all shoot shoot shoot zzzz with nothing to break up the action except a hectic camera that snaps to five different places in a single second and gives me such eye strain that it's physically painful to play.

I want to go back and replay my slow, simple Uncharted 4 with its amazing story and coddling gameplay.

Eh, not every game is for everyone. Nothing wrong with that, different tastes and all.

I liked UC4 too. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom