• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I still can't believe they're doing another indiana jones with harrison ford

he was far too old in the one they did 9 years ago...

what a shit show

Meanwhile I have single handedly redefined "lazy saturday" please update your definitions all

MutFox

Banned
tumblr_ll8nlupEns1qi5vvxo1_500.jpg

LOVE that movie!
Even on subsequent watches, I still love it.

Wish he directed Antman. :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

zeemumu

You know, I was a little nervous being in the wedding party, but right now, things are fine. I'm enjoying myself. I'm noticeably tense and I look like white house security, but I'm easing into it.

Wait, I have to dance with the bride, don't I...crap, I don't dance

Misha

Banned
You know, I was a little nervous being in the wedding party, but right now, things are fine. I'm enjoying myself. I'm noticeably tense and I look like white house security, but I'm easing into it.

hopefully its a slow dance. just sway back and forth and follow her lead (can't remember what the rest of the bridal party dances to)

Just slide around the dance floor with her and pretend you know what you're doing.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Confession: I don't even know what mansplaining is. Too many terms to keep up with.

Jobbs

Banned
Shame someone with so little vision or ambition lucked into the big time with Minecraft

I'd be making so much shit happen if I had billions

Misha

Banned
Shame someone with so little vision or ambition lucked into the big time with Minecraft

crazy how he didn't even come up with the concept of minecraft himself and yet was the one who made all the money on it

Jobbs

Banned
crazy how he didn't even come up with the concept of minecraft himself and yet was the one who made all the money on it

And if you have no ambition and don't want to make cool things happen and are creatively bankrupt and just want to move to beverly hills and hang out with celebrities and stuff , don't then complain about shallow relationships

Granadier

Explaining something simple to someone on the assumption that because they are a woman they don't know shit.

Ahh, ok. That seems like a pretty stupid and belittling thing to do.

This is not uncommon at all, nor is it wrong. Ideas are a dime a dozen. Execution is what matters. ex: Apple, Microsoft

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I want to make a stupid phone app and get billions of dollars

Misha

Banned
This is not uncommon at all, nor is it wrong. Ideas are a dime a dozen. Execution is what matters. ex: Apple, Microsoft

who are you to say its not wrong? this is very concerning that you get to decide morality for everyone else (or is it ethics? I can't remember)

Granadier

who are you to say its not wrong? this is very concerning that you get to decide morality for everyone else

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Everything should be taken as my opinion, and I'm not defending Notch's mysogynistic actions. He's a shitbag.
I just don't think the practice of executing on someone else's idea is an automatically bad thing. Patents and the legal system are in place to protect intellectual property. If it's not protected than it's fair game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
After kinda like 12-13 hours of Fata Morgana today it kinda feels weird looking at other things. LOL Whew

SystemBug

That's the thing that pissed me off so much. He had millions, and he just gave up on the space game he was trying to make.

Misha

Banned
¯_(ツ)_/¯
Everything should be taken as my opinion, and I'm not defending Notch's mysogynistic actions. He's a shitbag.
I just don't think the practice of executing on someone else's idea is an automatically bad thing. Patents and the legal system is in place to protect intellectual property. If it's not protected than it's fair game.

law shouldn't define your morality.

but seriously, I don't think in his case it was "bad". it just was an example of his lack of creativity and luck. definitely took some skill to make a decent game

now a situation that I didn't like was with threes/2048. asher & co made a really good game and people immediately made ones that were free (and shittier tbh) so people ended up playing that instead of them making money off of their idea.

Jobbs

Banned
For example what?

Myself? Make games , for starters,. But surround myself with top talent and force them to listen to my shit ideas

Aside from thar there's so much you could do with billions. .. help find talent and give other people a shot.

Antbing is better than sitting in a five million dollar mansion complaining on Twitter

In other news u hVe reached the height of my hedonism, buried in the couch killing the same two silver knights over and over because I'm too lazy to do anything else... 200k souls... covered in cookie crumbs

Misha

Banned
Myself? Make games , for starters,. But surround myself with top talent and force them to listen to my shit ideas

Aside from thar there's so much you could do with billions. .. help find talent and give other people a shot.

Antbing is better than sitting in a five million dollar mansion complaining on Twitter

In other news u hVe reached the height of my hedonism, buried in the couch killing the same two silver knights over and over because I'm too lazy to do anything else... 200k souls... covered in cookie crumbs

buy naughty dog and cancel uncharted 4

Xiao Hu

If you were supposed to buy a gaming company which one would be it?

_____

Only had 4 hours of sleep, my nose is leaking like some Ubisoft studio and I have two fucking cases of herpes on my upper lip. Fuck my life.

Btw, The Man In The High Castle is rubbish. I don't get how it reviewed so well.

Granadier

law shouldn't define your morality.

but seriously, I don't think in his case it was "bad". it just was an example of his lack of creativity and luck. definitely took some skill to make a decent game

now a situation that I didn't like was with threes/2048. asher & co made a really good game and people immediately made ones that were free (and shittier tbh) so people ended up playing that instead of them making money off of their idea.

Law doesn't define my morality/ethics. Not in this case. My opinion is based on the viewpoint that just because a person thinks up an idea doesn't mean they have exclusive rights to that. Unless they act on that idea through legal or business action, than they have no claim over who does or does not use it. This means that sometimes things get ripped off, and sometimes things are improved upon. (2048, Facebook, etc)

You bring up a very good point in the context of this relatively new app marketplace though. The curation and copyright tools are not very advanced or effective, so it is extremely easy for the idea that's already been executed on to be ripped off and leveraged for enormous profit. Whether this is because of a better execution than the original, better marketing, or just blind freaking luck. The app industry has a long way to go when it comes to protecting intellectual property that people have executed on and legally protected even. It's very similar to what YouTube is dealing with currently.

Edit: I'm more than happy to have a discussion about this. It's not something that is a steadfast belief of mine. This is just how I feel currently.

I would buy Square Enix and delete Lightning from existence

You are speaking sweet nothings to me. Please continue.

Misha

Banned
why does eharmony think I have a type?
Law doesn't define my morality/ethics. Not in this case. My opinion is based on the viewpoint that just because a person thinks up an idea doesn't mean they have exclusive rights to that. Unless they act on that idea through legal or business action, than they have no claim over who does or does not use it. This means that sometimes things get ripped off, and sometimes things are improved upon. (2048, Facebook, etc)

You bring up a very good point in the context of this relatively new app marketplace though. The curation and copyright tools are not very advanced or effective, so it is extremely easy for the idea that's already been executed on to be ripped off and leveraged for enormous profit. Whether this is because of a better execution than the original, better marketing, or just blind freaking luck. The app industry has a long way to go when it comes to protecting intellectual property that people have executed on and legally protected even. It's very similar to what YouTube is dealing with currently.

>2048
>improved upon

yeah okay guy

Granadier

2048 was actually my example of something being ripped off. Should have clarified that.

But if you'd like to just dismiss it all instead of discussing, no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom