• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If you were supposed to buy a gaming company which one would be it?

From Software. Let Dark Souls stay in a long slumber and revive Lost Kingdoms, Otogi, Kings Field, Chromehounds and Armored Core. Try at least 3 new EPs and after that work on Armored Core Reboot.

Jobbs

Banned

From Software. Let Dark Souls stay in a long slumber and revive Lost Kingdoms, Otogi, Kings Field, Chromehounds and Armored Core. Try at least 3 new EPs and after that work on Armored Core Reboot.

And now you're bankrupt

Grats

Timu

Yes, this is perfect. We need Lost Kingdoms 3 and Otogi 3 dammit!

I'd buy EA or Blizzard, and work for Naughty Dog or Blizzard or Nintendo.
All are great choices!

If there came a time to choose how the world ends, I'd want you to be at the controls.

Are you sure about that

tumblr_o792xpWwzh1s95j2so2_250.gif

Xiao Hu

Now my take: SEGA. I would also purchase GamesWorkshop to prevent them from licensing out both the Warhammer ips out for a nickel and dime (Vermintide seems fun though). Without the old SEGA around anymore there is nobody to challenge Nintendo in the segmentes they used to somehow compete in with.

Pau

Pretty sure I'd just take over Nintendo. Finally get the Paper Mario sequel I deserve.

Professors are often 10 times worse since a lot of them have trouble thinking from the perspective of someone who doesn't understand it. I always assume those professors are the ones hired just for research
This is so true it hurts. Most of my instructors have been graduate students or adjuncts so they actually put the effort in but some of the tenure professors can be a nightmare.

Calculus 1 is where I started running into problems. I failed twice. Admittedly I could have put more focus on the class over my CS courses, but ¯_(ツ)_/¯
For me, anything that I can't mentally visualize I struggle with. My memory is very picture oriented. I would do well on my Calc quizzes because they were the same problems as the homework, and I could mentally look at my homework and just copy the answer down.

My program was heavy on math.
Calc 1/2, Stats, Linear Algebra, Discrete 1/2
Calculus is definitely a class that can be made more difficult than it needs to be. And CS courses take so much time. If you paired Calc I with multiple CS classes... D:

I still have to take Linear Algebra. We don't have to take Discrete Math as Statistics majors though. I'm guessing the Stat course you took was an introductory course?

Jobbs

Banned
it's a testament to Nintendo's influence on my childhood that they can consistently burn down my dreams and offend me over the last decade and I still love Nintendo

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Calculus is definitely a class that can be made more difficult than it needs to be. And CS courses take so much time. If you paired Calc I with multiple CS classes... D:

I still have to take Linear Algebra. We don't have to take Discrete Math as Statistics majors though. I'm guessing the Stat course you took was an introductory course?

My mistake on both attempts was loading my schedule too heavily. First try was alongside chemistry and two CS. Second try was two CS and biology. Not the greatest decisions I've made.

And yeah, the stats course was just an introductory course.
remind me to reply to your pm tomorrow when I'm at my actual computer

---

That love song is great I really like this remix too.

Misha

Banned
Pretty sure I'd just take over Nintendo. Finally get the Paper Mario sequel I deserve.
Please do.

And I read the first part if the new 52 wonder woman comic. Wasn't a huge fan though. Maybe id have to read more for the payoff but I thought they didn't focus on wonderwoman enough and the dialogue wasn't great. Didn't even feel like it flowed well page to page at times.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
And now you're bankrupt

Grats

Rather be bankrupt than creatively bankrupt. Soul series need a rest and its clear by looking at DS3. Let it breathe a few years and do other things while they get their things together for a new one.

Pau

it's a testament to Nintendo's influence on my childhood that they can consistently burn down my dreams and offend me over the last decade and I still love Nintendo
I have a complicated relationship with them but they still tend to make my favorite console games.

My mistake on both attempts was loading my schedule too heavily. First try was alongside chemistry and two CS. Second try was two CS and biology. Not the greatest decisions I've made.

And yeah, the stats course was just an introductory course.
remind me to reply to your pm tomorrow when I'm at my actual computer
Yikes. D: Were chemistry and biology requirements? I was lazy and took an easy science class (Astronomy) for my science general requirement.

And no worries! c:

nostalgia always wins

Buying a wii u day 1 still stings, not buying NX day 1, fuck that, black friday bundle for me

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yikes. D: Were chemistry and biology requirements? I was lazy and took an easy science class (Astronomy) for my science general requirement.

And no worries! c:

They just qualified for the science electives. With chemistry I was blindsided because I did zero research on what college chem was like. Biology wasn't bad. It was plant based and centered around growing and studying micro-organisms and beans.
My class choice combinations really haven't been the greatest so far. I've wasted a lot of money. How was astronomy?

---

YKN, I'm really liking your music choices right now.

Pau

Please do.

And I read the first part if the new 52 wonder woman comic. Wasn't a huge fan though. Maybe id have to read more for the payoff but I thought they didn't focus on wonderwoman enough and the dialogue wasn't great. Didn't even feel like it flowed well page to page at times.
I'm sorry to hear that. :( I'm not sure if it gets any better. I find it hard to give individual recommendations for Wonder Woman because DC doesn't treat her very well and she doesn't get the standalone treatment that Batman and Superman do. Greg Rucka is one of the few authors that I can really vouch for to write her properly and his run isn't even available digitally. D:

Searching around, I see good things about The Legend of Wonder Woman which is being published digitally first. It's an all-ages retelling of her origin story. Not finished yet but you could get the first issue and see if you like it!

(All-ages superhero comics tend to be of a higher quality than the regular output because they don't treat the women like trash and draw them with sex appeal as the first priority.)

Nothing bad about Paper Mario, honest. Just...well, don't get your hopes up too high for the new one. From what I heard. And it wasn't heard from me.

*cough*
I have no hope for it. :(

The game I'm working on is a paper Mario-like!
Expect it in 2020
I'll hold you to that!

Pau

They just qualified for the science electives. With chemistry I was blindsided because I did zero research on what college chem was like. Biology wasn't bad. It was plant based and centered around growing and studying micro-organisms and beans.
My class choice combinations really haven't been the greatest so far. I've wasted a lot of money. How was astronomy?
I can imagine college chemistry being quite the shock. :eek:

Astronomy was butt easy. Other students put zero effort into the class though so the curve was ridiculous.

And I get what you mean... my first try at college was a mess. Dropped out, lost my full ride, etc. Having a bad schedule (plus bad teachers) can really fuck you up.
And depression.

Dude at work is probably gonna get fired because he showed up EXTREMELY hungover yesterday. It actually impressed my friend who is a supervisor how hungover he was. Said it surpassed a guy who literally fell asleep at his desk stinking of booze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom