• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just let down Dude #2 easy by telling him that I need to work on myself right now (which frankly is true as fuck) and he responded with four paragraphs, ultimately stating he really wants to talk and then he tried calling.

Edit: The voicemail is two and a half minutes long. Good god.

Yeah, I don't like dating.
At least hear him out. Make it clear you're not interested. If he gets desperate, cut off contact. Harsh, but sometimes needs to be done if they don't get the message. It doesn't mean you don't like him as a person or are being rude.

Edit: Music works wonders for cardio at least

jb1234

At least hear him out. Make it clear you're not interested. If he gets desperate, cut off contact. Harsh, but sometimes needs to be done if they don't get the message. It doesn't mean you don't like him as a person or are being rude.

Edit: Music works wonders for cardio at least

Here's my original text to him: I don't regret what we did. That first night was pretty fun. ;) But ultimately, I need to figure out my own shit before continuing such behavior. Hoping we can be friends. You're a good guy.

Misha

Banned
I didn't watch the later seasons of Legend of Korra (Despite ATLA being my favorite TV show of all time) but if it's anything how they handled Amon..

And yeah, concerning a lot of male creators, that's how it seems to me too. It just sucks because you don't usually have to wade through that shit for the male characters.

2nd season of Korra was the worst then it was season 1 level for the next 2. I liked the world they made and they came up with some really great characters that they completely botched in the end. Ive written a lot of posts about it :p

There need to be more twilight and such for that to be the case. They're properly panned unlike the ones from the male creators though.
Writing for Wonder Woman seems to shift between pretentious and bloodthirsty Wonder Woman and "least subtle message on gender roles ever" Wonder Woman. I like a middle ground where it's clear that she's working to understand/fix the world of man from a realistic point of view but it's still clear that she can fuck you up at any given time. That seems like the direction that the BvS Wonder Woman is going towards.

Wonder woman should be similar to furiosa imo. More idealistic and protective and stronger but that's a pretty good level of fighting for her gender and such without being clobbered over the head with the point. Heck the vuvalini appeared to be very much inspired by the amazons.

tumblr_o2gqwhEZBr1u81qoro6_540.png

zeemumu

2nd season of Korra was the worst then it was season 1 level for the next 2. I liked the world they made and they came up with some really great characters that they completely botched in the end. Ive written a lot of posts about it :p

There need to be more twilight and such for that to be the case. They're properly panned unlike the ones from the male creators though.

Wonder woman should be similar to furiosa imo. More idealistic and protective and stronger but that's a pretty good level of fighting for her gender and such without being clobbered over the head with the point. Heck the vuvalini appeared to be very much inspired by the amazons.

Season 2 was probably the worst because it wasn't supposed to exist. They had to undo everything that season 1 did for the characters (include break up some relationships) because they supposedly meant to end it with the first season, which would explain why the Amon arc feels so final. He was by far the most foreboding villain despite not being the most dangerous.

From what I can tell, Wonder Woman is supposed to be superior from a physical and sometimes technological standpoint (PURPLE RAYS) . For me, the variation in writing her character comes from how she treats the world of man. Sometimes she treats them like children who need to be controlled every now and again, and those are usually the universes where she's most likely to become evil. Then you have the ones where she's willing to cooperate with world leaders to try and change the world for the better.

That blatant superiority is probably why she gets paired up with Superman so often. He's one of the few men who could be considered her equal or her better. Basically the product of what a male version of Themyscira should be populated by instead of the bullshit dudes that the world really has. Makes sense for Batman too since he's actually 100% human

Misha

Banned
Season 2 was probably the worst because it wasn't supposed to exist. They had to undo everything that season 1 did for the characters (include break up some relationships) because they supposedly meant to end it with the first season, which would explain why the Amon arc feels so final. He was by far the most foreboding villain despite not being the most dangerous.

From what I can tell, Wonder Woman is supposed to be superior from a physical and sometimes technological standpoint (PURPLE RAYS) . For me, the variation in writing her character comes from how she treats the world of man. Sometimes she treats them like children who need to be controlled every now and again, and those are usually the universes where she's most likely to become evil. Then you have the ones where she's willing to cooperate with world leaders to try and change the world for the better.

That blatant superiority is probably why she gets paired up with Superman so often. He's one of the few men who could be considered her equal or her better. Basically the product of what a male version of Themyscira should be populated by instead of the bullshit dudes that the world really has. Makes sense for Batman too since he's actually 100% human

The breaking up the relationships part was great. It was the plot that sucked.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

zeemumu

fellow masochist. come, I will teach you

I think it's more about being bested at something that I'm good at, which would be fighting in this case. I have the same thing with comedy. If someone can make me legitimately laugh with a joke I'm all in.

I should add a disclaimer that I don't go around challenging people to fights to gauge their attractiveness like some Street Fighter Speed Dating. Don't do that. This isn't Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
As the darkest veil covers the night Vazra suffer a transformation of mood. What seemed to be an extremely happy day quickly had changed to what would be described as cold as ice. You can feel the anger, the frustration and to some degree desperation. You could even see the frown and the creases forming on his face from anger. He spent the whole day playing a videogame and he seemed to be having a great time. Vazra even had nice meals and desserts. No one directed anything offensive at him. He didn't receive any negative news or remembered any negative memories. Why did that sudden change hit him?

*Vazra gets up from bed only wearing briefs and glasses*

"I want fucking pizza"

The end.

Jobbs

Banned
I think it's more about being bested at something that I'm good at, which would be fighting in this case. I have the same thing with comedy. If someone can make me legitimately laugh with a joke I'm all in.

I should add a disclaimer that I don't go around challenging people to fights to gauge their attractiveness like some Street Fighter Speed Dating. Don't do that. This isn't Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

I just generally find competence and intelligence extremely appealing. I also like having things explained to me/being corrected/etc I find that sexy

Years ago in school I commented on a "dolphin" and a girl corrected me "that's a porpoise" and I had to ask her out.

I think I may have a teacher fetish in addition to my nurse fetish

FUME5

Is it because, deep down, you are a naughty boy?

Edit

Speaking of, at this moment Ceallach is eating grapes and critiquing fucktrains.

Jobbs

Banned
Ya'll haven't been paying attention, Em has said in here that she's bi, and I've seen her thirst after guys every now and then

Is it because, deep down, you are a naughty boy?

Edit

Speaking of, at this moment Ceallach is eating grapes and critiquing fucktrains.

I am not a naughty boy, I just like girls who are on top of things

and yeah I don't think my young mind is capable of processing what Ceallach is probably doing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom