• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read more of his tweets and hes even worse than I thought

"I'm all for gender equality, but let's use the word cuntfusing and hashtag it to try to make it a thing."

"I'm going to drink my mancoffee now and get a manshower."

The irony of that last post being that he's basically stating that it's just the phrase he takes objection to, he's perfectly fine with the concept of mansplaining.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Coworker called me and he said that he will resign tomorrow, so I will have a very 'nice' summer season

fuck it, I need new job asap

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
"I'm all for gender equality, but let's use the word cuntfusing and hashtag it to try to make it a thing."

"I'm going to drink my mancoffee now and get a manshower."

The irony of that last post being that he's basically stating that it's just the phrase he takes objection to, he's perfectly fine with the concept of mansplaining.

Notch already was behaving like an ass during multiple Gamergate phases, sadly. Fuck him, I guess.

The whole cuntfusing hashtag thing helped elevating him in those circles again, and he doesn't seem exactly sad about it. Thing's being popularized as we speak.

Notch already was behaving like an ass during multiple Gamergate phases, sadly. Fuck him, I guess.

The whole cuntfusing hashtag thing helped elevating him in those circles again, and he doesn't seem exactly sad about it. Thing's being popularized as we speak.

It just makes me very sad.

Jobbs

Banned
what's the matter? she just didn't want to lately?
I'd say pick something with Ryan Gosling. or Alien. will work like a charme.

What's the reasoning behind Alien? Lol.

Hmm it just hasn't been in the cards for a few days. Mostly bad luck/timing . Like for example one time her friend was here all friggin night hogging her up.

Secretary.

is that the one where james spader spanks maggie gyglenelnehaul?

right now I'm thinking Drive because I love that movie and need to see it again anyway.

What's the reasoning behind Alien? Lol.

Hmm it just hasn't been in the cards for a few days. Mostly bad luck/timing . Like for example one time her friend was here all friggin night hogging her up.

nothing, I just like Alien. it has a lot of sexual imagery when you think about it though.
and maybe she'll get scared and seek comfort in your crotch etc etc.

edit: YES DRIVE, I wanted to suggest that but it's not for everyone. Gosling is sexiest in that one though

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
is that the one where james spader spanks maggie gyglenelnehaul?

right now I'm thinking Drive because I love that movie and need to see it again anyway.

Yeah, it's fantastically sexy and funny.
Drive would have been my second choice. One of my favorites.

Granadier

It's beautiful now.

---

Yesterday my sister, her boyfriend, and I ventured into the arcade. We ended up winning enough tickets for two Hot Wheels cars and we let the nephews pick out one each. They ended up spending the rest of the day racing the little cars around on everything they could find. I melted.

Jobbs

Banned
If there was a brilliant new Alien installment starring Ryan Gosling, trab's pants would literally catch on fire. It would be a fire hazard.

Drive is so divisive. Everyone I know either loves it or hates it. I love it. It'll get me all hot and bothered, too, but by the beautiful dichotomy of a cast of characters who know exactly what they want and a man who knows nothing for certain except that he.. Drives

And the freakin' 80s inspired soundtrack...

Maybe I'll finally get that baby tonight

😍😍😳😁😖👄💦💦💦💦💦😵

Granadier

If there was a brilliant new Alien installment starring Ryan Gosling, trab's pants would literally catch on fire. It would be a fire hazard.

Drive is so divisive. Everyone I know either loves it or hates it. I love it. It'll get me all hot and bothered, too, but by the beautiful dichotomy of a cast of characters who know exactly what they want and a man who knows nothing for certain except that he.. Drives

And the freakin' 80s inspired soundtrack...

Maybe I'll finally get that baby tonight

������������������������

Still my favorite song from that movie.. It got me into Kavinsky.

Also, those emoji's are lewd.

I just feel like trolling Notch's Twitter all day.

Like, he just wrote "I had a burger. I feel like a human being".

I want to go "But you aren't".

Aw man wuv :( I'm so sorry. Hugs!

I'll get over it.

I don't know Jennifer (the target of this shitstorm), but it doesn't help the fact that devs I know are currently being pulled into this and shit-talked.

I have a lot to do today, I don't have time to get involved in a Twitter War that I will have zero chance of ever crawling out of.

Let alone a Twitter War with a fellow indie dev. There is way too much hatred among indie devs and I do not wish to be a part of it.

Tom Hardy was the alien all along.

That said, I really hope the new Alien/Prometheus movie will turn out okay. But sadly I'm not confident in that at all. :(

only if I'm the Alien.

kind of looking forward to it. if it sucks I'll just ignore it forever. like Prometheus.

That's true, luckily I feel a bad installment (well, again another bad installment) taints anything else.

But damnit people, it shouldn't be this difficult to create a great movie based on the Alien universe.

Jobbs

Banned
oh yeah definitely. new ship crew: ryan gosling, tom hardy, a cat, bunch of randos to get killed off

now you're just getting greedy

and I just read Ceallach's story

😨😨😨

I could never do that

I hope to one day put up a red star in my room though

That said, I really hope the new Alien/Prometheus movie will turn out okay. But sadly I'm not confident in that at all. :(

I don't know why everyone hates Prometheus. There are a few complaints but I liked it. I saw it in the theater and I've seen it a couple times at home. Looking forward to the next one.

now you're just getting greedy

and I just read Ceallach's story

������

I could never do that

I hope to one day put up a red star in my room though

I don't know why everyone hates Prometheus. There are a few complaints but I liked it. I saw it in the theater and I've seen it a couple times at home. Really looking forward to the next one.

Partly because the characters are almost entirely braindead and little makes sense. The themes in the movie also don't feel fitting and are not fleshed out.

Jobbs

Banned
Partly because the characters are almost entirely braindead and little makes sense. The themes in the movie also don't feel fitting and are not fleshed out.

We get so little AAA science fiction, especially R rated, we shouldn't knit pick to death solid efforts just because they don't fit enough with out predefined notion about what an Alien movie should be. If you want to get angry, get angry at Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection, both of which are absolute tragedies.

A few things in Prometheus don't really make sense and it's not exactly a horror movie but I feel the negative reaction to it (particularly from hardcore fans) is overboard.

We get so little AAA science fiction, especially R rated, we shouldn't knit pick to death solid efforts just because they don't fit enough with out predefined notion about what an Alien movie should be. If you want to get angry, get angry at Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection, both of which are absolute tragedies.

A few things in Prometheus don't really make sense and it's not exactly a horror movie but I feel the negative reaction to it (particularly from hardcore fans) is overboard.

THE WHOLE MOVIE DIDNT MAKE SENSE

It's not about it being a bad Alien movie, just a bad movie in general.

A few things in Prometheus don't really make sense and it's not exactly a horror movie but I feel the negative reaction to it (particularly from hardcore fans) is completely overboard.

I wasn't talking about what an Alien movie should have been, none of my arguments were. I consider Prometheus it's own thing.

But I am not going to give an A for effort because there aren't a lot of high budget science fiction movies. Which doesn't even sound true with having The Martian, Interstellar and Gravity pretty lately. Also Jupiter Ascending, but eh...

And Star Wars obv. Oh and those recent Star Trek movies.

Jobbs

Banned
THE WHOLE MOVIE DIDNT MAKE SENSE

Made enough sense to me. I could either answer or provide a feasible theory for most questions about the plot.

I wasn't talking about what an Alien movie should have been, none of my arguments were. I consider Prometheus it's own thing.

But I am not going to give an A for effort because there aren't a lot of high budget science fiction movies. Which doesn't even sound true with having The Martian, Interstellar and Gravity pretty lately. Also Jupiter Ascending, but eh...

And Star Wars obv. Oh and those recent Star Trek movies.

The Martian and Interstellar are absolute shit bin trash PG13 schlock. Both of them make my brain fucking numb. Not sure how you can even raise these as a comparison. You htought Prometheus was bad??

And you think we get tons of this stuff? How many films come out per year?

Made enough sense to me. I could either answer or provide a feasible theory for most questions about the plot.

The Martian and Interstellar are absolute shit bin trash PG13 schlock. Both of them make my brain fucking numb. Not sure how you can even raise these as a comparison. You htought Prometheus was bad??

BUT EVERYONE WAS STUPID AND ACTED STUPID AND EVERYTHING WAS WEIRD.
YOU CANT DEFEND THIS ONE HERE_ GO WATCH DRIVE AND GET LAID AND LET THE NERDS DISCUSS THE ALIEN UNIVERSE

Oh

Relevant to the current conversation

I had a realisation earlier

Conversations about whether a piece of entertainment media is good or bad

Are so fucking boring and pointless

Like, what are people hoping to achieve. You're not going to change the other person's mind, so what's the point? Just seems unnecessarily confrontational

*has had too many people telling me that Amazing Spider-Man 2 is shit. I don't give a fuck. I liked it. Why do you care? Fuck off*

Oh

Like, what are people hoping to achieve. You're not going to change the other person's mind, so what's the point? Just seems unnecessarily confrontational

*has had too many people telling me that Amazing Spider-Man 2 is shit. I don't give a fuck. I liked it. Why do you care*

BECAUSE MY OPINION IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 IS BULLSHIT TRASH

I think there is not a lack of big budget science fiction movies no, especially recently. AAA movies isn't that huge of a selection. Plenty of way less represented genres there.

I don't consider all those titles good either, but maybe if I am supposed to regard them better because there was apparently little offering of AAA sci-fi movies. I think Interstellar is kind of decent, but it has a bit of the same problems as Prometheus. I prefer it though since it doesn't share the very dumb characters, but I think it has similar problems with its themes. I think The Martian was perfectly fine.

Oh

*has had too many people telling me that Amazing Spider-Man 2 is shit. I don't give a fuck. I liked it. Why do you care? Fuck off*

image.php

AcridMeat

Banned
The only difference I see between something like Interstellar and Prometheus is an R rating.

Prometheus was disappointing. I was looking forward to it for a while, and it just wasn't good.

edit: It's my own fault though, I looked into it afterwards and saw that one of the writers was a writer on Lost. Had I known that I would have gone in with much lower expectations. Writing was bad man.

Granadier

I'm going to be a complete asshole here and point out that you've done the same but in the context of music.

---

Also, the only thing I can think about in regard to Prometheus is "RUN LEFT OR RIGHT FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!"

Jobbs

Banned
BUT EVERYONE WAS STUPID AND ACTED STUPID AND EVERYTHING WAS WEIRD.
YOU CANT DEFEND THIS ONE HERE_ GO WATCH DRIVE AND GET LAID AND LET THE NERDS DISCUSS THE ALIEN UNIVERSE

I saw Alien when I was like 7 or 8.... Which I believe is before you were born...

Just saying

You won't out-nerd me just because your opinion is different

I feel like I need to watch Prometheus again just so I can get up to speed. Last time I saw it I still didn''t know I was supposed to hate it.

The only difference I see between something like Interstellar and Prometheus is an R rating.

you can't be serious.Interstellar is 9th grade tier writing schlock, a mess of bullshit and stupidass nonsense suitable perhaps for small children and nothing else. I know you guys want to describe Prometheus that way, but you can't if you're being serious

And even if I hated almost everything about Prometheus, the fucking self surgery scene is so metal that it would pretty much make up for everything on its own

Like just make the whole movie be that one scene and it would have been worth the price of admission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom