• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
BECAUSE MY OPINION IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 IS BULLSHIT TRASH

OK

I'm going to be a complete asshole here and point out that you've done the same but in the context of music.

Probably

I mean, when I say "*band* is garbo" I'm not being serious because really, listen to what you like, and it's not like I pursue it into a full argument about why said band is bad. But yeah I'm probably gonna stop that now. Because it's boring.

AcridMeat

Banned
I didn't even bother watching Interstellar. I knew it wasn't going to be for me. Also jobbs your description of Interstellar is really no different from what I saw in Prometheus. I'm just not being as animated in describing it.

Watch Event Horizon instead. Especially if you want some metal shit.

edit: I saw Alien when I was 3 or 4.

I saw Alien when I was like 7 or 8.... Which I believe is before you were born...

Just saying

You won't out-nerd me just because your opinion is different

I feel like I need to watch Prometheus again just so I can get up to speed. Last time I saw it I still didn''t know I was supposed to hate it.

DONT AGE-SHAME ME. I WILL WATCH ALIEN MOVIES AFTER YOU HAVE DIED OF OLD AGE
probably.

probably.

Imagine you get dementia and you forget all about the movies and you can enjoy them like you never watched them...over and over. You'll be the weird woman that has been watching Alien movies for years in the nursing home.

Jobbs

Banned
I didn't even bother watching Interstellar. I knew it wasn't going to be for me. Also jobbs your description of Interstellar is really no different from what I saw in Prometheus. I'm just not being as animated in describing it.

Watch Event Horizon instead. Especially if you want some metal shit.

Bruh I've seen every space mission movie. Space missions are kind of my thing.

One of the best ones is a lower budget title called Europa Report. If you like intellectual stuff that doesn't handhold you, well, that's the one. It's probably still on Netflix.

probably.

This took a dark turn

AcridMeat

Banned
Imagine you get dementia and you forget all about the movies and you can enjoy them like you never watched them...over and over. You'll be the weird woman that has been watching Alien movies for years in the nursing home.
I could think of worse ways to live.
Bruh I've seen every space mission movie. Space missions are kind of my thing.

One of the best ones is a lower budget title called Europa Report. If you like intellectual stuff that doesn't handhold you, well, that's the one. It's probably still on Netflix.
Hahahah I wasn't implying you hadn't seen Event Horizon. I'm saying if you want to get metal shit that movie is much more entertaining, and has more of it.

I stopped my Netflix sub in November last year. Will look into it though!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
probably.

giphy.gif

I WILL TOTALLY BE THAT WEIRD OLD WOMAN

I CANT STOP TYPING LIKE THIS HELP

Jobbs

Banned
it's not going to stop until you get laid :0

I'm trying

I'm disgusting tho. I'm melted into the couch right now, two cats scratching me, crumbs on my shirt, laundry piling up, and everything is a mess

stop yelling at the ladies.

I don't! I say or do something -- and then they start yelling at me! Something about me is very yellable to women, at least in text

I think it's because you're a wrongboy

All the time

Every word you say is wrong

Like even this whole thing is wrong. No-one's yelled at you in caps what are you talking about

Not counting the beating I took for Prometheus, in the space of this weekend I've been caps yelled by my girlfriend, her friend, another friend, and my niece

I don't! I say or do something -- and then they start yelling at me! Something about me is very yellable to women, at least in text

I think it's because you're a wrongboy

All the time

Every word you say is wrong

Like even this whole thing is wrong. No-one's yelled at you in caps what are you talking about

I'm trying

I'm disgusting tho. I'm melted into the couch right now, two cats scratching me, crumbs on my shirt, laundry piling up, and everything is a mess

Not counting the beating I took for Prometheus, in the space of this weekend I've been caps yelled by my girlfriend, her friend, another friend, and my niece

why u makin HN yell?

was it because you're doing the weird edits again?

Jobbs

Banned
why u makin HN yell?

was it because you're doing the weird edits again?

she said something sassy, I sent her the "I rebel" picture of jyn erso that I send to people all the time when they deserve it and I asked her to just pls get my deathstar plans and she said NO GET YOUR OWN DEATH STAR PLANS or whatever

JOBBS

STOP FUTURE EDITING

JESUS CHRIST

I don't conform to your defeatist attitude about the nature of time

He has come to save us all

LOL Kyle Reese looks a bit like you there

Sexism is dead: the threads

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=204346785
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222561

"but women do it too!"
"no one in their right mind would actually behave like that irl so its obviously not a problem"

I have no idea what worlds a lot of those guys live in

A man's world obviously.

It is extremely fucking annoying when you have women relating experiences of sexism they experience and fuccbois brushing it all off because they've never personally witnessed it. Like these problems don't exist just because a man hasn't personally seen them happening. Yikes.

AcridMeat

Banned
Turns out I should have been more patient, and it was really just that opening movie/launching the game that was the problem. Turned everything on low and I get 35-40fps in the campaign yay.

Misha

Banned
finally getting in on dark souls 3
apparently I bought dark souls 2, not 3...
A man's world obviously.

It is extremely fucking annoying when you have women relating experiences of sexism they experience and fuccbois brushing it all off because they've never personally witnessed it. Like these problems don't exist just because a man hasn't personally seen them happening. Yikes.

definition of mansplaining

best way to notice misogyny:
be a trans woman who hasn't come out yet. guys think they can say whatever they think around you (and think you'll agree) but internally your soul is being shredded up

I'd go as far to say the average man is actively sexist

Jobbs

Banned
Can someone explain to me what the landscape is like for girls/women getting into programming? Are there negative stereotypes that make it hard? I'm going to assume yes, because Earth, but I just don't have much first hand experience working in a professional (or academic) setting with programmers

apparently I bought dark souls 2, not 3...

how does one make this mistake

I'd go as far to say the average man is actively sexist

Sometimes people let shit fly around you from the get go, this is usually the lowest tier of human -- What's more upsetting though are the people who don't start saying scary shit until they think they know you more. That's the one that bothers me because you suddenly have to distance yourself from people you thought were cool

Misha

Banned
Can someone explain to me what the landscape is like for girls/women getting into programming? Are there negative stereotypes that make it hard? I'm going to assume yes, because Earth, but I just don't have much first hand experience working in a professional (or academic) setting with programmers

so theres a bunch of things

when you're little you're given certain toys to play with.
guys eventually get video games due to them being marketed to them but girls not as much
then when school comes your teachers and parents try to steer you in the direction of specific subjects and will tell you that you're good at certain ones (boys: physical sciences and maths, girls: arts, English, biology)
by the time you're given the chance to choose something specific, you likely already behind in knowledge and your peers likely expect you to know things you don't

in college its basically just a "boys club" environment. you're treated different from everyone else, everyone knows your name, you constantly get called on, your professor constantly tries to make inside jokes with you. you end up in groups where the guys don't value your opinion or use it as an excuse to hit on you.

then if you're one of the few to get through all that... you end up in the workforce where you have to deal with a lot of sexist guys who will limit your ability to advance and think little of your ability

ofc not everybody will treat you that way but it would happen enough to have an effect on you and disuade you from taking that path.
how does one make this mistake

III and II are very similar looking....
Sometimes people let shit fly around you from the get go, this is usually the lowest tier of human -- What's more upsetting though are the people who don't start saying scary shit until they think they know you more. That's the one that bothers me because you suddenly have to distance yourself from people you thought were cool

most of them seem to have no idea its rude. they think its just banter to shit on women all the time and think its a good way to bond with their fellow bros.
the most common conversation topic is complaining about how awful their time with their wife is and how you should never get married. theres a way to fix that idiots

Gamergate, Jobbs.

Jobbs

Banned

guys eventually get video games due to them being marketed to them but girls not as much
then when school comes your teachers and parents try to steer you in the direction of specific subjects and will tell you that you're good at certain ones (boys: physical sciences and maths, girls: arts, English, biology)
by the time you're given the chance to choose something specific, you likely already behind in knowledge and your peers likely expect you to know things you don't

in college its basically just a "boys club" environment. you're treated different from everyone else, everyone knows your name, you constantly get called on, your professor constantly tries to make inside jokes with you. you end up in groups where the guys don't value your opinion or use it as an excuse to hit on you.

then if you're one of the few to get through all that... you end up in the workforce where you have to deal with a lot of sexist guys who will limit your ability to advance and think little of your ability

ofc not everybody will treat you that way but it would happen enough to have an effect on you and disuade you from taking that path.

III and II are very similar looking....

most of them seem to have no idea its rude. they think its just banter to shit on women all the time and think its a good way to bond with their fellow bros.
the most common conversation topic is complaining about how awful their time with their wife is and how you should never get married. theres a way to fix that idiots

One of my nieces is a total tech nerd and loves video games + natural aptitude for math and science. We've already talked about getting started on figuring out how to make a game together using stencyl to start to introduce the programming ideas to her (stencyl is an excellent tool for this, in fact, stencyl's main source of income is from classrooms).

I hope we can fix sexism before she gets much older... Let's do it! one two three go!

/sees Misha's AV

GO BLUES!

/lol
//You're cool though
///This post has nothing to do with the discussion at hand
////I do read the TG thread tho at times
/////I have 4 or 5 TG women friends
//////I wish I could hug all of you when I read that thread
////////Fuck the Patriarchy

Misha

Banned
One of my nieces is a total tech nerd and loves video games + natural aptitude for math and science. We've already talked about getting started on figuring out how to make a game together using stencyl to start to introduce the programming ideas to her (stencyl is an excellent tool for this, in fact, stencyl's main source of income is from classrooms).

I hope we can fix sexism before she gets much older... Let's do it! one two three go!

you're already in a better place than when we grew up :)

and you already helped counteract the early stuff. its mostly the college and work stuff that she'll have to deal with and she could always get lucky and get stuck with non crappy people. my one suggestion is to avoid smaller colleges and companies since the chance for there to be very few other girls gets high...

Like, I'm vague on Misha's gender, but from the last dozen posts, I want their children.
F
/sees Misha's AV

GO BLUES!

/lol
//You're cool though
///This post has nothing to do with the discussion at hand
////I do read the TG thread tho at times
/////I have 4 or 5 TG women friends
//////I wish I could hug all of you when I read that thread
////////Fuck the Patriarchy
sorry to tell you but i'm rooting for the sharks out of the west. wouldn't be too upset if the blues win but it would be wonderful for jumbo joe to win a cup get upstaged by phil the thrill in a complete blowout
Fuck the Blues ;~;

Also Mish Overwatch date Tuesday.

That's a statement fyi.
you're going to be busy on Monday or something?

Jobbs

Banned
I wanna overwatch too!

I probably won't get it until thursday or friday, I am s'posed to update my build on wednesday and if I'm fucking off in overwatch that''ll make it hard

these prometheus "why it's bad" videos all seem to agree that the lame guy is a low rent tom hardy, lol

you're already in a better place than when we grew up :)

and you already helped counteract the early stuff. its mostly the college and work stuff that she'll have to deal with and she could always get lucky and get stuck with non crappy people. my one suggestion is to avoid smaller colleges and companies since the chance for there to be very few other girls gets high...

yooo I honestly think I've been a massive influence on them, their rad interests and highly advanced senses of humor I like to think are largely attributed to me

i'll keep that in mind when it comes time to advise her about college.. she's 8 rn so it'll be a while

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

This just fucking sucks because I know that not one of those statements are false. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom