• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
She's not answering anything. I don't see what her being female has to do with this.

Just that some people treat female friends differently. If that's not an issue then no worries.
I'm not sure what to recommend in that situation besides just waiting?

zeemumu

do you have any friends of friends to hear what she's up to these days?

Her wife, but she's out somewhere for a week.

Just that some people treat female friends differently. If that's not an issue then no worries.
I'm not sure what to recommend in that situation besides just waiting?

Thats really all i can do, but it's a little difficult because things have been stressful and summer is my seasonal low point for a number of reasons.

Granadier

Thats really all i can do, but it's a little difficult because things have been stressful and summer is my seasonal low point for a number of reasons.

I can understand that. It's very nice to have someone there to talk to when stresses pile on.

FUME5

Because she's not answering anything. Thats why i wondered if she was mad at me.

Ah, right. Dunno man, you don't strike me as the type to get drunk, run your mouth and then forget about it, so I doubt it's anything that you've done. Guess you'll just have to wait on this one.

is it? suddenly they stop returning your texts and you just don't talk in any shape or form for months

the one time the reason why we started hanging out again is I saw my friend cutting weeds as I drove past his house on my way home

OK, I'm back to that being weird. I don't see some of my friends for months on end because of this whole thing called life, but it's not like they would just ignore texts.

jb1234

Dude #2 is kinda a dick. I basically told him to leave me alone because I've been dealing with really severe depression but he wouldn't back off, getting all clingy and manipulative. Some of the texts he sent me are real howlers. He seems to believe that sex makes us best friends, which is far from the truth. I'm a guarded person and I believe that relationships need time to grow and develop trust. Not this "talk to me and let me take care of you" shit that he's peddling.

Finally, I told him to respect my request for space and he was like, "The door to friendship & continued sexy fun with you remains open, but don't expect me to sit around holding my breath waiting for you to walk through it." Very classy.

zeemumu

Ah, right. Dunno man, you don't strike me as the type to get drunk, run your mouth and then forget about it, so I doubt it's anything that you've done. Guess you'll just have to wait on this one.

It's not really about self worth. I just don't anyone upset with me, especially people I'm close to.

Pau

Dude #2 is kinda a dick. I basically told him to leave me alone because I've been dealing with really severe depression but he wouldn't back off, getting all clingy and manipulative. Some of the texts he sent me are real howlers. He seems to believe that sex makes us best friends, which is far from the truth. I'm a guarded person and I believe that relationships need time to grow and develop trust. Not this "talk to me and let me take care of you" shit that he's peddling.

Finally, I told him to respect my request for space and he was like, "The door to friendship & continued sexy fun with you remains open, but don't expect me to sit around holding my breath waiting for you to walk through it." Very classy.
Oh brother.

Misha

Banned
Her wife, but she's out somewhere for a week.

so is this a more immediate concern then? theres probably not much you can do besides wait it out. like I've said before, its worth trying to make new friends. situations change and its not always possible for the one person who was always there for you to still be there.

the other things I said btw, I'm just trying to say, don't assume she doesn't care about you. its better to be optimistic.
but inside make it about doing whats best for you rather than trying to not upset her. it only makes things worse to get caught up in it.

and the one big advice I can give, make sure when you do see each other again, you always plan for the next time you'll see each other.

(sorry if i'm saying something wrong, this is directly based on my experience and how I had to deal with the similar situation)

jb1234

so is this a more immediate concern then? theres probably not much you can do besides wait it out. like I've said before, its worth trying to make new friends. situations change and its not always possible for the one person who was always there for you to still be there.

Another thing to point out (and this is from personal experience) is that it's important to have more than one friend you can turn to for emotional support. That way, you don't risk burning out just one person, especially when it comes to mental health issues like depression.

(The personal experience being that my best friend of the time bailed on me during a period when I was in especially bad shape. And this after he said that he wasn't going anywhere. It has affected my view on relationships ever since.)

Jobbs

Banned
I went for a late night run a bit ago after... 106,000 hours of stressful computering today. I may be off slightly on that figure

Or do, and then enjoy the candy.

Whatever toots your doot.

I was being cheeky

I think I need to raise my standards.

I never quite know what this means. Either you enjoy someone or you don't. Can you just flip a switch and decide who you enjoy?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Guten morgen fakerz

Managed to finished Uncharted 4 yesterday, last 1/3 of the game was weak and I expected better ending

jb1234

I never quite know what this means. Either you enjoy someone or you don't. Can you just flip a switch and decide who you enjoy?

He wasn't that great. I get the impression that I was pleasuring him more than the other way around. And he's obviously not worth keeping around, with that chip on his shoulder.

Pau

I need to write a documentation file for my computer science project. Technical description? What does this even mean. ;-;

Pau

it appears to be an actual thing that you can google and not a vague term.

looks to be not fun
Yeah... the instructor also said to imagine you're telling someone how to modify your code and I'm like. No. No one cares.

I also spent the last three hours making a user tutorial for the same project so I'm being a baby.

AcridMeat

Banned
Holy moly people got better at Overwatch. Or maybe it's just more coordinated teams I don't know.

Still lub it.

I could really go for a hot tub in a big backyard on a hillside looking at the stars right now. In fact, that's all I want in the world right now.

Misha

Banned
Yeah... the instructor also said to imagine you're telling someone how to modify your code and I'm like. No. No one cares.

I also spent the last three hours making a user tutorial for the same project so I'm being a baby.
here's the thing: that's bad for job security
Holy moly people got better at Overwatch. Or maybe it's just more coordinated teams I don't know.

Still lub it.

I could really go for a hot tub in a big backyard on a hillside looking at the stars right now. In fact, that's all I want in the world right now.

mostly everyone got reset to a low level and because of that its more random. I played some games with absolute scrubs and other games where I got dominated.

not to say people didn't get better, I got a lot better with most heroes. (like roadhog where I was hitting a bunch of hooks for OHKOs. darn mei prevented me from being awesome :( )

AcridMeat

Banned
That's true! (At everyone reset, so it's a bit more of a crapshoot)

Oh that reminds me the final match I played I snared a pharah who was in mid air as road hoggithy for a kill. Made my night.

Always always document your code

Writing documentation? D:

The joke goes that if you don't comment your code, they can't get rid of you because nobody else knows how their system works.

Pau

Ah gotcha. I don't think anyone wants to use my Marvel Social Network program anyways. :p

Always always document your code
I always comment my code if that's what you mean. It's a separate documentation file. First time I've had to do it and we weren't really told what to do beyond what I already posted.

Granadier

And it should stay a joke!

Bad developer, bad.

Always document absolutely everything too. ex:
Code:
let colorRed = UIColor().redColor()  // this is the color red

Granadier

wG0kHtc.gif

Pau

Always document absolutely everything too. ex:
Code:
let colorRed = UIColor().redColor()  // this is the color red
Ughhhh. Maybe I'll post my program in the thread tomorrow so you guys can tell me if it needs more comments. (It's not a very long program I don't think.)

Granadier

Ughhhh. Maybe I'll post my program in the thread tomorrow so you guys can tell me if it needs more comments. (It's not a very long program I don't think.)

Ha, that was being satirical. But yeah feel free to post if you're looking for critiques.

Misha

Banned

Every function and variable at the very minimum. Loops usually too and if statements. Basically only don't comment a line if its thoroughly described by a comment above it (which happens surprisingly often)
Id say every 4 lines on average

Granadier

Ten different coders have ten different documentation formats which makes for a headache.

This is not true.

There are eleven different formats because one code switches depending on the day of the week.

---

I'm of the mindset that code should be self documenting and only commented when behaviors are obfuscated.

Thanks. I couldn't find this gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom