• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Some odd selections here, but I think my favorite is TFA. My fanboyism obviously plays a role, but I enjoyed it most.

Dredd is one of the best comic book movies out there so it probably gets #2

P.S. I hated Guardians of the Boring

You're full of awful opinions

Jobbs

Banned
You're full of awful opinions

You don't like Dredd?

wtf.gif

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
You don't like Dredd?

wtf.gif

Dredd is amazing. I think it is fucking phenomenal and I want Karl Urban's mouth.

I think it's better than The Raid, which had a similar premise, and released earlier(but was shot after Dredd), which is the hipster answer.

Turin

Banned
Raid 2 gets extra points for ending with 13 Ghosts II.

Removing all the bullshit from it, come with me into a vacuum where it's not overhyped.

Ignoring hype can go a long way.

To be honest, I didn't actually pay Mad Max any mind until it aired on tv. Fell in love with it for what it was and lost count of how many times I've rewatched it.

Jobbs

Banned
Dredd is amazing. I think it is fucking phenomenal and I want Karl Urban's mouth.

I think it's better than The Raid, which had a similar premise, and released earlier(but was shot after Dredd), which is the hipster answer.

lol I like that answer

So clearly I'm full of awesome opinions and awful opinions. Get your story straight

marrec

Banned
Ignoring hype can go a long way.

To be honest, I didn't actually pay Mad Max any mind until it aired on tv. Fell in love with it for what it was and lost count of how many times I've rewatched it.

Ya, I think Jobbs is blinded by his need to be anti-hype.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Actually i'm changing my opinion back to Fury Road being better than Raid 2.

Jobbs has taken my place as The Worst

Oh glorious day!

On this I may never change opinion.

Jobbs is one of the top 5 worst Hitler's of all time. Not even Hitler makes that list.

Jobbs

Banned
Saying Fury Road is "mediocre" is more than exaggeration, it's abject hyperbole with no basis in reality.

the game is mediocre, clearly I compared it to the movie just to be cheeky

real talk.. I saw the movie.. it was kinda neat... but at the end I had an unshakeable feeling of "that's it? that's the religious experience everyone's been telling me about?" and that's pretty much the whole story

Children of Men dazzled me with its action scenes in ways Fury Road didn't, even though it has less car crashes and tornados.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Saying Fury Road is "mediocre" is more than exaggeration, it's abject hyperbole with no basis in reality.

It's his opinion. As warped as it might be from most people he is allowed to say he doesn't like it and finds it mediocre. He is mostly a minority in that case. Trying to make him change his mind wont do much to change his perspective.

marrec

Banned
the game is mediocre, clearly I compared it to the movie just to be cheeky

real talk.. I saw the movie.. it was kinda neat... but at the end I had an unshakeable feeling of "that's it? that's the religious experience everyone's been telling me about?" and that's pretty much the whole story

Neat is okay. It ain't for you. But it's still obviously a very well made movie right?

It's his opinion. As warped as it might be from most people he is allowed to say he doesn't like it and finds it mediocre. He is mostly a minority in that case. Trying to make him change his mind wont do much to change his perspective.

Mediocre has a definition though and Fury Road does not match that.

You can dislike aspects of the movie but "mediocre" simply isn't a way to describe it. I am fine with someone thinking that Fury Road is overhyped or that it wasn't for them.

Risgroo

What's everyone's opinion on the rest of the Mad Max series? I didn't really give it a proper go until Fury Road came out, and while I enjoyed 2 a lot, 1 and 3 were kinda boring.

marrec

Banned
Children of Men's "action" scenes are as good as Mad Max's action scenes, though I think Children of Men is a better overall movie.

What's everyone's opinion on the rest of the Mad Max series? I didn't really give it a proper go until Fury Road came out, and while I enjoyed 2 a lot, 1 and 3 were kinda boring.

1 is schlocky fun, 2 is a legit good movie, 3 is kinda bad.

4 is the greatest action movie of all time

Jobbs

Banned
Children of Men's "action" scenes are as good as Mad Max's action scenes, though I think Children of Men is a better overall movie.

I don't understand why there aren't more movies filmed more like COM. The action scenes in this movie were more exciting and engaging and gripping and effective than just about any other I can think of, and there weren't dozen car pileups or fire tornados or whatever

The way something is shot and edited and paced and the story surrounding it are more important to the action than the action itself

If anyone wants to read my project's code instead of participate in the Mad Max argument, feel free. :p

Pau's awesome code for dorky Marvel social network class project.

It's.. beautiful..

giphy.gif

marrec

Banned
I don't understand why there aren't more movies filmed more like COM. The action scenes in this movie were more exciting and engaging and gripping and effective than just about any other I can think of, and there weren't dozen car pileups or fire tornados or whatever

The way something is shot and edited and paced and the story surrounding it are more important to the action than the action itself

COM is like Fury Road in that the story would be wasted on a lessor edited movie. While Fury Road has more explosions and flippy cars, it is shot and edited better than any other movie I can think of. The action is easy to follow and each shot follows from the previous and into the next with a definite purpose.

Compare these two movies with other action movies of our time and you'll see that the editing is what draws you away from the action and story more than anything. Most movies will cut for each punch to a beat in the soundtrack, as if they're afraid to actually show any kind of ACTION, while COM and Fury Road (in different ways) refuse to cut away from the carnage.

Pau

I don't think I've made anything remotely this large since that java game.
Java game? :O That sounds much tougher than this.

There's a few other mini program files for manipulating the data but they're all less than ten lines.

I feel like I'm pretty much done with the draft of my documentation. I just have to make it pretty now.

Jobbs

Banned

6'2" dwarves

COM is like Fury Road in that the story would be wasted on a lessor edited movie. While Fury Road has more explosions and flippy cars, it is shot and edited better than any other movie I can think of. The action is easy to follow and each shot follows from the previous and into the next with a definite purpose.

Compare these two movies with other action movies of our time and you'll see that the editing is what draws you away from the action and story more than anything. Most movies will cut for each punch to a beat in the soundtrack, as if they're afraid to actually show any kind of ACTION, while COM and Fury Road (in different ways) refuse to cut away from the carnage.

I guess I need to watch this again like I did with Prometheus just to figure out what's what

Oh right, I'm super ignorant when it comes to Python.
Your code looks really good. The comments give just enough information for the reader to know what's going on. My only critique would be to space out the comments that are within your `def` blocks. Right now they get lost visually.

I want to be like Pau when I grow up

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Any variant of the name Paul. (Means good things come in small packages.)

Python. :eek:

Oh right, I'm super ignorant when it comes to Python.
Your code looks really good. The comments give just enough information for the reader to know what's going on. My only critique would be to space out the comments that are within your `def` blocks. Right now they get lost visually.

This wins because I'm impressed it's available.

DmcgHQ1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom